“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/6/2013 6:37 am  #1

The current situation

I have been asked to post this -

Much of what has been said on here cannot be argued with, the lack of communication at this current time is not what should be happening, but it's mainly due to the sensitivity of negotiations to secure 1st team funding.
It's going to be cutting it fine and as yet the outcome is still unknown. However, everything that can be done is being done at a very difficult time.

Last edited by Andy Harrup (09/6/2013 6:39 am)

09/6/2013 1:05 pm  #2

Re: The current situation

Clearly, the whole thing about this delicate negotiations is a complete waste of time, energy and resources. Ask Bill Hill, he understands how delicate negotiations end up, just like everyone else who has had the misfortune to be involved with this abortion at Imperial Fields.
It’s a pity the Members club could not take the time and trouble and build in safeguards when the gave away the club and it’s assets. Instead they barred individuals from voting who had something between their ears and understand what was going on.  

Even though what Bill was proposing was still not a satisfactory conclusion, having to go on bended knees to the owners to save the Football Club as we know it, a majority of the fans were willing to back and support him. The poor bloke was lead up the garden path like everyone else who negotiates anything down there. When Bill resigned the Members Club should have walked with him. But no, they hang around suffering further humiliation and visions of grandeur that everything will be restored to the “Status Quo,” and they will gain complete control the Football Club and remain at Imperial Fields.   Why don’t they face the fact they were totally duped, and are just a bunch of flunkies fulfilling someone else’s dubious ambitions, under the false pretenses  their worthless shares are valuable, you have to  laugh!

There are postings on here about a breakaway club, it may be the only solution to save a community club which is 125 years old, it’s culture and remaining fan base. At least it will bring all the fans together, have a common goal and ambitions, and bring the club spirit back that was dumped when it moved to Imperial Fields.

R I P TOOTING AND MITCHAM UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB.
THE TERRORS ARE DEAD, LONG LIVE THE TERRORS.

Last edited by Mikem (09/6/2013 1:23 pm)

09/6/2013 4:26 pm  #3

Andy Harrup

Who asked you to post the above?

It obviously was not the Members Club because recently they posted on their website:-

As you will probably have seen the fans forum is closing due to the activities of a small disruptive minority.

Thanks go to Chezzar for trying so hard to make it a success.

Anything that comes on line that looks similar has no connectiion with the club or its fans whatsoever

10/6/2013 7:25 am  #4

A supporter who didn't have access to the Internet asked me to post it. It has not come from the Members Club.. 

10/6/2013 12:27 pm  #5

So, not an official posting at all.

Merely another "opinion" from a "concerned" individual such as all of us.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

11/6/2013 4:04 pm  #6

I find the initial posting a little baffling! If the person who requested the message should be posted due to lack of access to the internet, why did he state Much of what has been said on here cannot be argued with! ".

Just one of the mysteries at our wonderful club.

Board footera