“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/6/2013 2:31 pm  #1

It's a massive call Bolty !!!

I can't argue with a single point that Bolty has said on any of the fans forums and all the evidence would suggest that the powers that be at the club are dismantling the fabric of the football club brick by brick.
Should a breakaway club be formed a lot of us will have some serious soul searching to be done. And let's have it right.......all the while T&MUFC are in existance to ask us to upsticks and support a breakaway club
' THAT IS A MASSIVE CALL, ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE' It is the nearest thing I can imagine to changing allegiance and as we all know, you're not allowed to do that. In all of my puff I can only recall 3 people who I know have changed their allegiance and I would like to name and shame them.
1. Steve French, QPR to Spurs circa 1980 ( gloryhunting, fat lot of good that did him ).
2. Terry Brooks, Crystal Palace ( or the Stripey Nigels as TalkSport call them ) again to Spurs !
3. Dave Connolly, West Ham to Millwall !!!!! ( honest )
Whilst we're not being urged to go and watch Dulwich Hamlet it's still very hard to imagine being somewhere else when Tooting are playing a first team match.
I'm not suggesting for one moment that what Bolty is proposing is wrong but this is our football club we're talking about, the club we are all in varying degrees attached to. All I'm asking is that we're cut a bit of slack ( initially, at least ) as football is a very emotive issue ( that's why we're all having these discussions ).
Football is what I live for ( 3 weeks into it and I'm already wondering if this summer's ever gonna end ) it comes above everything......religion, politics, anything really.
The way things are shaping up I may not be put in this moral dilemma as I'm not 100% convinced we'll have a T&MUFC to support next season anyway.

10/6/2013 2:40 pm  #2

Re: It's a massive call Bolty !!!

Dear Bog End Ultra

It looks like there will be a moral dilemma soon

http://thebogend.wix.com/tmwfc

10/6/2013 2:57 pm  #3

Brilliant BOU!

My brother takes the biscuit on this one though.  He's gone from Leicester to Stoke, to Liverpool to Spurs to Wimbledon to Charlton.  No lie.  OK, the first 3 changes were before he was a teenager, but the others have been since, so no excuse really.

My wife also went from Spurs to Chelsea.

10/6/2013 3:02 pm  #4

Please don't take this the wrong way Endo.......but I love your wife !!

As for your brother, you couldn't be lying because nobody could make it up.

12/6/2013 8:24 pm  #5

A good friend of mine changed from Arsenal to Tottering Hotspurs......... which has to be the ultimate betrayal. Well in my eyes it is 

13/6/2013 7:53 am  #6

Hi Harry, when you say '' A good friend of mine '' you obviously mean he was a good friend of yours prior to switching right ? He can't still be a good friend can he ? Or are you the most forgiving football fan on the planet ?

How's the young'un ? I bet he must be climbing the walls.

14/6/2013 4:37 pm  #7

Long story Mr Ultra..... We stayed mates although many of my Gooner mates never forgave him.

Plus the fact I'm a bloody nice bloke anyway.

The little man is driving me mental, but not long now before it kicks off again..... I miss it as much as he does.

Board footera