“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/8/2016 10:15 am  #1

Isthmian League archives

Somebody has created an absolute gold mine for statto's with all the Isthmian League details since 1988.

http://www.isthmianarchive.co.uk/

I'm particularly interested in how our attendances have fared, especially during the last few years at Sandy Lane.  However, I'm supposed to be working, and haven't got time to analyse it!

You can also follow our glorious history in the league cup.

01/8/2016 12:48 pm  #2

Re: Isthmian League archives

OK - I've put my work aside for a while.

Well, the last 4 seasons don't make good reading.  Ave attendance since we were relegated 209 (under Forzoni et al), 178 & 190 under Tanner and 174 last season. And in those 4 years, we've only attracted more than 300 3 times - Carshalton twice and Dulwich once. The 11 season prior to that we generally averaged between 250 and 350 every season.  However, you have to remember, even in this division we were often playing well supported clubs like Kingstonian, Dover, Maidstone etc.

But interestingly, in our promotion season under Boanas we only averaged 170.  And in the 11 seasons prior to that (going back to 1989) we only average over 150 once!  So really, except for a few seasons under Cadette and Smith, we haven't really managed to get decent crowds since the 70s.

In the last 28 years our average attendance is only 218.  And if you take out the Prem years and the Div2 years, the average works out at 218 as well.

So although we all want bigger crowds, we're not really a big crowd club any more.  And if we get attendances of 250 this season we will be doing very well.

01/8/2016 11:23 pm  #3

I was at a Ryman League meeting on Sunday when the guy who put it together, Richard Lambert gave a short talk. He is in fact club historian for Epsom & Ewell FC and what started as an archive for his club turned into what went live on Sunday. Every piece of info on the site is apparently guaranteed to be correct as all data has been validated against 3 separate sources.

What is currently available is part 2 which covers every season from 1988 onwards. Part one covering 1912(?) to 1987 still has some validation to be completed and is expected to go "live" in approx. 12 months time (July 2017)

02/8/2016 11:39 am  #4

With regards to the falling attendances, other teams surrounding as that are in a higher league are offering better sweeteners. One of my work collegues is a Sutton United fan and has been going for some years is paying just £85 for his season ticket, they are in the conference premier. It certainly beats our tin pot ryman division one.

Board footera