“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2013 9:20 am  #1

A blue and confused day at Hythe

Away at Hythe for the start of the season, with the home team playing in all red, the Terrors start the season in Blue. Even in my muddled mind there was not an obvious clash with the stripes!

Last season a decision was made to use a change blue strip in memory of Mitcham Wanderers, who were known as the “Blues”. The strip was chosen to celebrate the amalgamation of the Town and Wanderers in 1932, or indeed the 125 history of the club!

I was very pleased to see the change strip used last season, but did not realise it would be used every away game. It seems the trend will remain the same this season. Whilst the decision to use the blue strip again pleased me, I think we should use our famous stripes at every opportunity, and only wear the blue strip when required.

When the club converted from plain white shirts to the black and white stripes, the change strip used to be either plain white shirts, or Red and White Hooped shirts, or even green and white quartered shirts. But fashion changes over the years.

Also the new Juventus badge has been kept contrary to the view it was only going to be used for a season. We now have the new style badge, the old official badge on the unofficial website, and the TMWFC lookalike badge. Like many, poor old Hythe got totally confused. I read their website on Friday, and an article on the forthcoming Terrors game was headed up with the TMWFC badge!

Board footera