“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/1/2017 9:55 pm  #1

Hythe 0 Tooting 4 tremendous win and back to the TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Hythe Town blown away by the gun slinging Tooting side in town seeking revenge . Life is just getting better again after a indifferent December losing games losing Billy Dunn .... I had dismissed automatic promotion after the Hastings Debacle and suddenly goals from all angles no one man team and Kyle Merson a rock at the back .... maybe just maybe tonight we have the belief that the title could be ours April #tmufcwemarchon

11/1/2017 6:23 am  #2

Re: Hythe 0 Tooting 4 tremendous win and back to the TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

What a fantastic result, 4-0 and away from home. I see our bar maid scored a hat-trick.We need to keep the momentum going now. I see our old captain has teamed up with his on field sidekick at Molesey. (Simione)

11/1/2017 6:57 am  #3

Well done lads.Great result.Hope all our supporters got home ok.So Bassett got 3 goals.Well done Danny,that must give him great confidence.Hope Jordan's injury is not too bad.It proves the need to have a good squad.

11/1/2017 9:48 am  #4

It was a great result.  As the Facebook report says, Hythe probably had the better of the early exchanges, and Merson did some good work to keep it goalless.  As it turned out, the first goal was important, and we got it!  After that, I felt that we played the game in areas of our choosing and at our pace.  Yes, Hythe did cause us a few problems at the back, but they do have some good players and will probably be in the promotion picture at the end of the season.  And although he didn't get on the scoresheeet, Mike Dixon was key to our first half lead with some powerful runs which really stretched the Hythe defence.

In the 2nd half we probably could have gone for the jugular, but we took our foot right off the gas and saw the game out very comfortably.

But there's no point in winning at Hythe if we don't back it up with 3 points on Saturday against East Grinstead, which will probably be a different type of game.

11/1/2017 9:54 am  #5

What a blinding result ! Gutted to have missed it but delighted with the scoreline 

I'm due to be sponsoring the MOTM award on Saturday, so that should put the kybosh on our little revival 

11/1/2017 2:55 pm  #6

Well done to all 14 of us that went ! Shame on the rest. 

Free the Hythe 14 !  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

11/1/2017 3:10 pm  #7

What a result that was, certainly not expected, I kept expecting the ryman site to show correction, got it the wrong way round.

11/1/2017 4:41 pm  #8

geoff g wrote:

What a fantastic result, 4-0 and away from home. I see our bar maid scored a hat-trick.We need to keep the momentum going now. I see our old captain has teamed up with his on field sidekick at Molesey. (Simione)

Would just like to say to you its a good job the so called barmaid as you call him was playing to get the score they won by how insulting

11/1/2017 5:21 pm  #9

11/1/2017 5:26 pm  #10

Apologies if I have offended re Danny. Those who know me know the humour

12/1/2017 11:53 am  #11

It appears I need to apologise for my posting re the attendance at Hythe.
As it happens we actually had 16 supporters/officials down there. I managed to forgot our esteemed Match Secretary and his good lady.- DOH !
But as I intimated, it was a shame that some more couldn't make it for whatever reason. I'm told that the traffic in South London wasn't all that good on Tuesday evening and of course a long schlapp out to the south Kent coast on a cold Tuesday evening isn't everyone's idea of fun, and of course the trains to and from there are a bl**dy nightmare - the last one left Sandling (which is a looooooooooooong 20 minute or so uphill walk from the ground) circa 10:15 !! so it can be understood that more didn't make it. Again, a shame though as the Terror's football was different class and the boys worked so hard for the superb victory and were really appreciative of all those who supported them down there.
It appears that Hythe are a tad miffed by the lack of fans coming to their home games, see thier Secretary's take on it all at https://www.hythetownfc.co.uk/
Anyway chaps, onwards and upwards, hopefully no more long distance Tuesday night winter trips to take now for the rest of the season and our away support will blossom accordingly. 

Last edited by DeePee (12/1/2017 11:54 am)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera