“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/1/2017 8:50 pm  #1

Home v Greenwich

Hiya again, sorry we couldnt come to the game on New Years Eve, we had trouble with our camera which meant we was unable to film. We will be attending and filming the game on Saturday. The highligts should be up by Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Feel free to say hello to us, we will be in the press box from around 2:20pm and we will be by a tripod and camcorder. See ya Saturday.

Last edited by NonLeagueTV (23/1/2017 8:51 pm)

24/1/2017 8:41 am  #2

Re: Home v Greenwich

As I can't make the game on Saturday, how can I access the highlights? Thanks

25/1/2017 9:22 pm  #3

DaveM wrote:

Well, looking at the last post from you NonLeagueTV, am I right in thinking this is the channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQeBoE5YmdjGzxOF6M7X1g   ...?  There's quite a few variables of Non League TV on YouTube and the Sutton United reference points me to this one (if that is the right one, I liked the Combined Counties games, if you're into the CCL try and get a Chessington & Hook United game , at Chalky Lane).........

Just as an aside, thought I would use this thread to discuss Saturday (saves clogging up the board on duplicate threads about one day).  Now, as mentioned we have third place Greenwich Borough - Dorking play hosts to Lewes, which could be an interesting one as Lewes aren't a million miles away in sixth place.  Also, only 8 points seperates second place and eighth place on the table

Hythe Town away at Hastings United - a day of action between two coastal rivals I should say

It is imperative to win this game against Greenwich Borough.  If things didn't go our way, we could end up with Dorking being one point from us in the worst situation (being a Tooting loss and a Dorking win, currently we are on 65 points, Dorking on 61 - but I'm sure you're all aware anyway)......

I do feel Corinthian-Casuals could enter the arena soon, as they've played 28 and gained 53 points, and had a bit of a goalfest in December - including a 2-0 win against Greenwich Borough on the 17th.  A nice bit of inspiration there and I suspect a smile for Jamie Byatt   

Last edited by Plumpton (25/1/2017 9:24 pm)

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

26/1/2017 10:53 am  #4

DaveM wrote:

The highlights will be uploaded to YouTube once edited.

26/1/2017 10:54 am  #5

Plumpton wrote:

DaveM wrote:

Well, looking at the last post from you NonLeagueTV, am I right in thinking this is the channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQeBoE5YmdjGzxOF6M7X1g   ...?  There's quite a few variables of Non League TV on YouTube and the Sutton United reference points me to this one (if that is the right one, I liked the Combined Counties games, if you're into the CCL try and get a Chessington & Hook United game , at Chalky Lane).........

Just as an aside, thought I would use this thread to discuss Saturday (saves clogging up the board on duplicate threads about one day).  Now, as mentioned we have third place Greenwich Borough - Dorking play hosts to Lewes, which could be an interesting one as Lewes aren't a million miles away in sixth place.  Also, only 8 points seperates second place and eighth place on the table

Hythe Town away at Hastings United - a day of action between two coastal rivals I should say

It is imperative to win this game against Greenwich Borough.  If things didn't go our way, we could end up with Dorking being one point from us in the worst situation (being a Tooting loss and a Dorking win, currently we are on 65 points, Dorking on 61 - but I'm sure you're all aware anyway)......

I do feel Corinthian-Casuals could enter the arena soon, as they've played 28 and gained 53 points, and had a bit of a goalfest in December - including a 2-0 win against Greenwich Borough on the 17th.  A nice bit of inspiration there and I suspect a smile for Jamie Byatt   

Yes that is my channel

27/1/2017 10:31 am  #6

Anyone got any predictions on our game being on/off. Anyone looked at the weather between now and tomorrow? Very curious and very hopeful! 

27/1/2017 11:13 am  #7

According to the BBC (and I'm pretty sure they never get it wrong), the overnight temperatures don't fall below 6C.  And with a light south-westerly and a pressure of a comfortable 1010 milibars, I would say the chances are good that the game will go ahead.

27/1/2017 11:50 am  #8

endofthelane wrote:

a pressure of a comfortable 1010 milibars

1010 millibars eh ? Strewth, nobody's going to be complaining about that.

The prospects look good for us to get our 'Football Fix' tomorrow  " COME ON YOU STRIPES"

27/1/2017 12:39 pm  #9

Strange frost last night.  Really sharp and yet this morning everything was clear.
But will it get warm enough to lift the frost from deep in the ground?  I has been quite a few days in a row now.
Let's hope so.  Need some footie.

27/1/2017 1:08 pm  #10

Bog End Ultra wrote:

endofthelane wrote:

a pressure of a comfortable 1010 milibars

1010 millibars eh ? Strewth, nobody's going to be complaining about that.

The prospects look good for us to get our 'Football Fix' tomorrow  " COME ON YOU STRIPES"

Ahhhh Boggs, and Bondy et all.........

Prospects not looking good for Plumpy.  This man flu you describe Boggy.......please tell me yours wasn't like mine?  I feel disgusting at the moment, this is really not good.  If I don't make a very unexpected recovery, it's looking like my next possibility is the Knaphill game on Tuesday.  Mind you, those midweek evening kick-offs are a lot more convenient for my drinking (Mrs. Plumpy asleep by time I return from those, not so easy on a 15:00 start )......

So, it may be another fraught afternoon pressing refresh on Football Web Pages and Googling Twitter accounts of various teams 

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

27/1/2017 1:28 pm  #11

Bondy wrote:

Strange frost last night. Really sharp and yet this morning everything was clear.

YOU WHAT ???? What time did you get up today ? I spent 15 minutes scraping the ice off the windows of my van this morning  it was f f f freezing.

27/1/2017 3:32 pm  #12

Just been walking the dogs in the open meadows behind my house, the ground will certainly take a stud, and even in the shaded areas the top layer is soft, and as you say Endo, the BBC were promising milder weather starting this evening which might have possible rain, but higher temperatures for tomorrow. Positively balmy .

27/1/2017 3:52 pm  #13

Pitch still frozen to varying degrees throughout. Some areas will take a standard Yale type door key a couple of centimetres into the ground - in other areas its as little as 3 or 4 mm. It is softening out there steadily and temps are not expected to drop below 6 degrees tonight although there is a bit of a wind chill - big question is, will it thaw out quickly enough. Any news on pitch inspections etc will be posted on Official website and the club's Official Facebook and Twitter accounts

27/1/2017 4:06 pm  #14

I was feeling quite confident Tim until I read your posting.
Surely the football gods can not let us go another week without our fix.

27/1/2017 4:19 pm  #15

alanj wrote:

I was feeling quite confident Tim until I read your posting.

Ditto 

27/1/2017 4:43 pm  #16

I have my heating on full blast,will that help?i only live 15 minutes walk from ground,some of that heat must make it that far?

27/1/2017 4:52 pm  #17

What happened to global warming ?

27/1/2017 9:08 pm  #18

Well, Chipstead had a pitch inspection today for their 13:00 game tomorrow and Ryman site is reporting 'match on'......not sure how indicative this is though.  Is a pitch inspection the day before a regular thing?  I'd have thought tonight would have been the tester.....

28/1/2017 1:00 am  #19

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Bondy wrote:

Strange frost last night. Really sharp and yet this morning everything was clear.

YOU WHAT ???? What time did you get up today ? I spent 15 minutes scraping the ice off the windows of my van this morning  it was f f f freezing.

Well, this is Bondy we are on about Boggs......he doesn't have to get up.......he would send Jeeves out there if need be.  He would be indoors overseeing his various international enterprises, including his Essex division (Basildon Bond) his university tuition assistance planning company (Unibond) and the three wheeled car division (Bond Bug)............

And no, that horse isn't running tomorrow.  I checked.

28/1/2017 7:15 am  #20

If I had not read Tims comment it would not have entered my head that this game could be in doubt. It seems very mild outside at the moment (7am) and I've just pushed a spike 4 " inches into the ground in my back garden with ease, ( not comparable with an open field, I know, but for a rough idea) .  With todays temperatures heading for double figures, I find it hard to believe the pitch will not soften up in time. Fingers crossed.

28/1/2017 9:08 am  #21

Match on and no inspection required at the moment according to Facebook

28/1/2017 3:51 pm  #22

Looking interesting at half time - Lewes been battling well for a 1-1 against Dorking and also Hastings have got one in over Hythe.  My Corinthian-Casuals prediction seems to have gone a but awry, Carshalton United two in front of them at the moment.....

Come on stripes - let's get one in on the second half - can see you've been keeping Greenwich at bay 

28/1/2017 4:39 pm  #23

Plumpton wrote:

Looking interesting at half time - Lewes been battling well for a 1-1 against Dorking and also Hastings have got one in over Hythe.  My Corinthian-Casuals prediction seems to have gone a but awry, Carshalton United two in front of them at the moment.....

Come on stripes - let's get one in on the second half - can see you've been keeping Greenwich at bay 

GET IN Tooting 

Dorking & Lewes, and Hastings & Hythe still level scores - the heat is on 

28/1/2017 4:51 pm  #24

Sod it - Dorking have scored 

28/1/2017 4:57 pm  #25

Well done Tooting - the day of refreshing Football Web Pages and the Videprinter have given Plumpy a gripping afternoon taking his mind off his cold.  Very gutted about Dorking's 90th minute goal but hey ho.  The top five now joined by Carshalton Athletic.........the other results at the top of the table aren't that bad.....admittedly the Dorking win wasn't great but as Hythe lost and our most important battle was to get three points against Greenwich, we have achieved an excellent result.

Well done again - top stuff  

Greenwich Borough v Dorking next week , hoping the best for the Terrors jaunt to Herne Bay.......

Last edited by Plumpton (28/1/2017 5:04 pm)

Board footera