“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/8/2013 9:42 pm  #1

Tooting 0 Herne Bay 0

A decent game for a goalless draw.  We had some good early chances, but later on, we were thankful to Paul Smith for a series of good saves.

I thought we played some nice passing football in the 1st half and were unlucky not to be ahead.  The 2nd half was more even, but after we started making changes Herne Bay took charge.  And in the final analysis, they will probably say that our keeper was the busier of the 2.  Having said that, we had 2 chances in stoppage time which could have nicked it.

I was hoping for a win after Saturday, but another draw and a clean sheet represents a reasonable start to the season

14/8/2013 9:08 am  #2

Re: Tooting 0 Herne Bay 0

EOF, I supose we all our different view of the game we witnessed, which is fair enough. The only part of your short match synopsis I can agree with is the following:-

"We had some good early chances, but later on, we were thankful to Paul Smith for a series of good saves."

How we got away with this one, I don't know!"

14/8/2013 12:02 pm  #3

Re: Tooting 0 Herne Bay 0

Like you Mikem, I felt we rode our luck for long periods of the game, I thought our passing game most of the time had deserted us, the players seemed to be aware of being at home and so did not play with the same freedom shown on saturday or in a lot of the pre-season games. But looking for the positives, the defence got a good workout, and did not concede, likewise Paul Smith had to make some good saves, which he carried out. Herne Bay to me seemed like a team that came for a draw, but if a chance came to hit on the break then they always had players prepared to do so. All in all I for one was glad of the final whistle, but still feel we are progressing.

Board footera