“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/3/2017 5:32 pm  #1

T&M 3 Chipstead 1

A comfortable win in the end against an ill-disciplined Chipstead side (6 or 7 yellow cars - I lost count - and one red). Goals from Clements (2) and Dixon.

Corinthian Casuals did us a favour too in beating Dorking Wanderers 2-0.

So we are now six points clear of Dorking at the top with 9 games remaking and a vastly superior goal difference.

The future's bright in black and white stripes.

05/3/2017 9:12 am  #2

Re: T&M 3 Chipstead 1

Well disciplined performance today despite the rants from the oppositions manager and some of their players !!! Really emerging into looking like a top Ryman premiership outfit now so lets keep the faith and keep the teams momentum going til the end of the season.

05/3/2017 11:29 am  #3

Thank you very much to everyone at T&M for making my otherwise dull late shift yesterday very happy indeed (and I feel a mention to Corinthian-Casuals is worthy too).......when Fretters text me what was going on I was completely elated, better results on the go than I had hoped for.  I saved looking at the table for a quiet moment where I could properly savour the glory 

Well done and wishing best against Three Bridges, where I'm on the late shift again 

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

05/3/2017 12:33 pm  #4

After being clattered by Chipstead for most of the game, does anyone know if the team have any serious fitness doubts for our visit to Three Bridges?

05/3/2017 5:32 pm  #5

11 wins on the trot,I just like looking at that.Again good team performance.Bash filled in well at centre back.Dan is becoming a star.Good work rate,good engine,and he crosses and scores.What could you ask.Hope Ashley is fit for the Hastings game.Would rather not have Jordan at right back.Shame we have 2 great left backs.Cant one of them kick with right foot?Lets hope Three Bridges goes ahead.That means Sol will be back.Could be a difficult game,they played very well at ours.A very inconsistent team.Well done Frank and team,keep it up.

05/3/2017 8:36 pm  #6

06/3/2017 10:29 pm  #7

Fantastic performance particularly when you think that our top performer was missing.  If one person typified this season it's him.  Always gives 100% never gives up right to the final whistle.  Wish we had 11 like him. 

Come back Tim.  We need you on Tuesday!!!

07/3/2017 8:32 am  #8

Neversaydie wrote:

Fantastic performance particularly when you think that our top performer was missing. If one person typified this season it's him. Always gives 100% never gives up right to the final whistle. Wish we had 11 like him.

Paul Dale said to me in the bar after the game " By heck, it were a bit quiet behind t'goal today, were ye all a bit nervous ?"

We need you Timothy, but not with that boring " MITCHAM, tooting, MITCHAM, tooting, MITCHAM, tooting " song, probably the most unimaginative, monotonous chant in the whole of non-league football. Sing about trifle for Christ's sake.

08/3/2017 12:40 am  #9

Bog End Ultra wrote:

We need you Timothy, but not with that boring " MITCHAM, tooting, MITCHAM, tooting, MITCHAM, tooting " song, probably the most unimaginative, monotonous chant in the whole of non-league football. Sing about trifle for Christ's sake.

At least with that one you can't mess up the words after a good skinful (mind you, personally speaking I've reigned it in after the Croydon FC episode - getting home at 05:25 anyone? )......the one that got me in the early days was the 'Billy Smith's black and white army' which when muffled out by loads of different voices and styles sounded more like 'blue army' from a distance.  There seems to be more emphasis on the wording these days (or maybe it is my hearing - I had my ears syringed for the first time ever in 2012 and felt like a new Plumpy)........

I do like the trifle songs, I have to say  

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

08/3/2017 6:03 pm  #10

Do you sing the "he's better than Zidane" song .If so, who is he?

Board footera