“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/3/2017 5:05 pm  #1

Hastings 0 Tooting 1

What a win. We were reduced to 10 men when Wedgeworth was sent off, and this time the management decided to sacrifice Hoban for the ready made replacement Tenny Adebowale.

And in the 73rd minute Tenny scores the winner!

13 wins on the trot, and by the sounds of it, this was possibly the best of the lot.

I'm beginning to think we could win this league.

11/3/2017 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Hastings 0 Tooting 1

May i suggest it is now very probable.
Neither goalkeeper was worked very hard regarding shot stopping, their main work consisted of collecting crosses, oh! and one of them had to pick the ball out of his net .
Over the whole ninety minutes i think you can say we deserved our win, having the better of the play, even when down to ten men, and Tenny`s goal, what a corker.
Quincy`s face at the end of the game when the whole team came to our end to celebrate was an absolute picture, showing how much this win meant.
Another good day at the seaside, let us hope our last "away day" can be just as enjoyable, with something really special to celebrate.

12/3/2017 12:47 am  #3

I suspect any neutral turning up to watch the two highest scoring teams in the division (200 between us) would have been very confused.

As we often seem to do away from home we played Mike up front largely on his own and kicked to him despite his opponent being much taller.
Dan was being double teamed down the right and Claudio seemed to be having little joy down the left until he was sacrificed after the sending off (really poor tackle Wedgie)

Hastings hardly created a decent chance until they hit the crossbar twice in the same move late on.

But we defended resolutely with Kyle punching firmly when required and yet again the subs made a difference.  Jack put himself about across their backline and held the ball up well.  Sandy added much needed energy.
And Tenny............what a goal that was.

An incredible win.  Well done lads.

12/3/2017 8:24 am  #4

Excuse the pun, but we showed them how to win a battle with less players than them

12/3/2017 12:28 pm  #5

I wasn't able to make the game as unfortunately I had a family matter to attend to but judging by the comments made by people it seemed to be a good game.
Also reading the comments on the Hastings forum they seem to compliment us highly even one comment saying we have a team worthy of a national league south standard.

13 in a row

I was lost but now im found

12/3/2017 5:17 pm  #6

Disappointed at so few postings, compare this to Hastings forum, still I suppose they do have more supporters.
It was a tense affair yesterday and the sending off didn't help. We didn't panic though, made a change taking off Claudio and bringing on Tenny Adebowale and you would hardly know we only had 10 men on the pitch. The team seemed comfortable with this and adapted well. We closed down every ball pressed and harried them. Superb goal by Tenny running virtually the length of the pitch. Slightly fortunate at the death when they had 2 shots that hit the posts within 10 seconds, that would have been unfair as we deserved our win and some good fortune. Expected more of Hastings especially after beating us at our ground and pushing for a play off spot. Great scenes when we scored and at the end of the game.
I see that the winner of their 50/50 ticket was a Tooting supporter going away with a nice sum of £154.

12/3/2017 5:31 pm  #7

Personally, I hate bl**dy Hastings and I'm glad we took all three points off them.

Well to be precise, I hate even more their poxy Council and their pathetic jobsworth petty little hitlers who drive around Hastings targeting specific events anyway ! 

One of their low life scumbags decided that one wheel parked slightly on a kerb (which had a further 4 foot or so of grass verge and then a further 4 foot or so of footpath beyond it) a hundred yards or so away from the Hastings ground constituted a heinously terrifying crime ! The bastard booked me (and at least another two or three vehicles), left me with a bill for £70 !!!!!!!!! for his pleasure and then scuttled off to screw some other unsuspecting motorists elsewhere in that wonderful town. 

There is and can be NO OTHER reason for this gnome to have been patrolling up there as there are no parking restrictions on this road at all.  

You do your tiny bit to make your vehicle slightly less wide and some busterd jobsworth pratt makes a specific journey to a football ground to target the public whilst they're inside enjoying a day out in the sunshine !

May his wheels drop off at 60 mph in a 30 zone on the sea front, thus causing him to take an early bath in their nasty brown sea !  
Did I say that I hate bl**dy Hastings at all ? Never going back there ! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

12/3/2017 8:59 pm  #8

DeePee wrote:

Personally, I hate bl**dy Hastings and I'm glad we took all three points off them.

Bloody hell DeePee, I'm really gutted to hear that, just hearing the story about that (parking) makes me angry enough sitting here on the laptop.  Well, there is some consolation in the fact we had the three points, but the episode above sounds totally vindictive.  Blood boiling stuff 

Thanks to all for describing the day and very glad for a T&M victory again.........my work shifts still aren't very good for attending matches but I have some leave coming up soon, with the 22nd April in the middle of it!  Thing is, Mrs. Plumpton might be hatching a plan to go away 

The next adventure now being Walton Casuals.......some interesting recent results from them, including a 7-3 defeat at the hands of East Grinstead and a 4-3 defeat against Cray Wanderers in a game with two own goals........

Keep up the good work Tooting, incredible times at the moment 

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

12/3/2017 9:19 pm  #9

12/3/2017 9:24 pm  #10

DeePee If I never new you better, I would think you were decidedly miffed at this odious little turd.

Still look on the bright side, we took all three points.

12/3/2017 11:57 pm  #11

At the side of that SLS report I note a Twerp (is that right?) from the Sluts about early season ticket prices.
That should be of interest.

13/3/2017 9:55 am  #12

It sounds like a carbon copy of the Greenwich Borough game. I have to admit I was fearing this game and was expecting a nasty defeat. Then when it flashed up a red card and down to ten men on the rymans vidi printer, I really thought we were doomed. But to my surprise we scored and held on.
What a terrific result and by the sounds of things a truly excellent display.
Very well done to team and management, what a transformation it has been and it all starting after a nasty Tuesday midweek game against Chatham Town.

13/3/2017 9:55 am  #13

Its been a magnificent team effort.  When it comes to picking the player of the season its going to be a tough task.  Because I don't think anyone has been head and shoulders above the rest, and in addition, we have had half a dozen players who have played at a high standard week in week out all season.  Everyone has chipped in - and once again when we were up against it, this time it was Tenny who came up with the goods.  In previous weeks its been Robinson and Wedgeworth.  But Tenny's goal was the 14th different player to score in this 13 game run (15th if you include the Lewes defender).

Even though we have got a lot of talented players in our team at the moment, it really is the teamwork that is driving us on.

13/3/2017 10:01 am  #14

To the tune of 'Flower of Scotland', if you Sassenach's are familiar with it.........

Oh Tooting n Mitcham
When will we see, the like again
Who battle past Hastings
And still win with only ten men
And send into raptures, the Bog End Army
Who travel homeward, having won again.

I don't think that one's going to catch on somehow 

Did anyone else notice at least two of our players collapsed to the turf at the final whistle in what must have been a mixture of relief, exhaustion and delight. I didn't notice who they were, I was too busy celebrating. Seeing them lying there, face down in the grass, reminded me of the time I was hauled in front of HR at work to explain my poor time-keeping....."Why are you always late ?" I was asked, " I'm having prostrate problems " I explained, "You mean prostate, don't you ?" she said, " No " I replied " There's nothing wrong with my organs, I just can't get up in the morning."

Anyone know why Dorking Wanderers didn't play on Saturday ?

Tenny Adebowale, Goal Of The Season anyone ?

13/3/2017 10:10 am  #15

I think Dorking & Whyteleafe both got knocked out of the FA Trophy at the first hurdle so brought this game forward to save having a free Saturday.

Incidentally, that game ended 2-2, whereas if they played on Saturday I think you would expect Dorking to pick up all 3 points.

13/3/2017 11:14 am  #16

Bog End Ultra wrote:

To the tune of 'Flower of Scotland', if you Sassenach's are familiar with it.........

Oh Tooting n Mitcham
When will we see, the like again
Who battle past Hastings
And still win with only ten men
And send into raptures, the Bog End Army
Who travel homeward, having won again.

I don't think that one's going to catch on somehow 

I'll stick to singing songs about trifle, thanks.

13/3/2017 3:19 pm  #17

Now the dust has settled I'd like to thank every player on Saturday for the superb effort they all put in against a good Hastings side to gain a fabulous victory. The spirit in the team is there for all to see and this season will be remembered for a long time. It's true that several of the players were out on their feet at the end. Billy Dunn in particular looked to be suffering. I think Peter owes them all a drink.
Let's hope for a good attendance on Saturday. It seems that when we visit places like Lewes and Hastings we attract very large crowds. We deserve good support at home.

Board footera