“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/3/2017 10:23 am  #1

Horsham FC

The Hornets have had their new ground application approved. Really pleased for them, although they will be homeless next season. Just hope it doesn't give them too much of a lift for Saturday.

22/3/2017 11:05 am  #2

Re: Horsham FC

That's good, it'll be another new ground to knock out provided they get it built before I kick the bucket or unless we're in the National Conference by that stage !

Talking of away games, of the 20 we've played so far this season, 16 have been above average attendances. Of the 4 that weren't, 3 were midweek, Guernsey, Hythe and East Grinstead. The only Saturday game that was a below average attendance was South Park !!!!! How ? The crowd was about 8 tenths Tooting, I'm not for one moment suggesting the crowd figure had been manipulated it's just that I feel there might have been some manipulation of the crowd figure 

I think the above stats are testament to our large and vociferous away following and also testament to the fact Tooting & Mitcham are still an attractive club to others at this level.

22/3/2017 11:30 am  #3

Could you do a similar analysis of the effect of the Walton Casuals away support?

22/3/2017 12:40 pm  #4

No, on account of the fact they don't have one. They barely have a home one.

Last Saturday is the first time I've ever seen the away end completely empty. There's usually at least a couple of lonely stewards stood at the top. I think Walton had a couple of supporters sat in the stand but the terrace was bereft of human life.

Our 3 remaining away games are against Horsham (average home attendance 255) which will surely be bettered on Saturday, Ramsgate (173) where we are taking a supporters coach and Dorking (159) and we'll take more than that there even if none of their own supporters turn up !

22/3/2017 1:15 pm  #5

Bog End Ultra wrote:

but the terrace was bereft of human life.!

Some would say "That's normally the case"

22/3/2017 1:28 pm  #6

True, true, that's the reason I didn't say 'bereft of intelligent human life' 

22/3/2017 3:02 pm  #7

I was watching the result come in on the Horsham web site.
The plan/drawings of the proposed new facility are certainly impressive, but I wonder how much money is now left from the initial selling of their ground to enable it to reach fruition.
I do hope so, I still can not forget the flood of Elvis impersonators the other season which made for an eventful afternoon.

23/3/2017 9:17 am  #8

They own a huge sports complex(where they originally planned to build a ground). However, they pissed off the tennants who then joined forces with the locals to thwart the plan). Funding for the new ground will come from selling some of that land for housing.

27/3/2017 3:06 pm  #9

Yet another much larger than average crowd with an impressive 481 in attendance, which was more than a lot of the crowds in the Scottish league games.

Not as impressive as the Dulwits crowd on Saturday though, 2,805 turned up to watch them gubbed 3-0 by Billericay.....snigger.

27/3/2017 3:22 pm  #10

I think I read somewhere that it was a ground record!

Board footera