“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/4/2017 9:52 pm  #1

Ramsgate draw

Well that was a bit of a disappointment, given their league position.
But to be fair I thought the Rams played pretty well, especially the two centre halves who battled hard to keep Mike Dixon quiet.
In recent games things have been a big nervous until we have scored the first crucial goal and then we go on to win well. But the Rams refused to lay down.

Good to see Robbo return at full back and whilst his legs lasted he did really well, as did Wedgie on the other side.
Titanic battle for Jack and his opponent in midfield. They tracked each other all over the pitch for 90 mins both putting in mighty challenge after mighty challenge.

A mystery to me was why we aimed every keeper punt towards the head of Dixon. I am not sure they allowed him to win a single one. And we struggled with our passing game as opposed to individuals trying to gain ground by running with the ball.
We missed the energy of Dan who made a big difference when he came on.

Oh for the return of the free scoring Billy D.  It would make a huge difference.
That will be on Monday hopefully.

Onward and upward.

15/4/2017 10:25 pm  #2

Re: Ramsgate draw

Interestingly carshalton scored a winner in deep stoppage time today to keep themselves in with a chance of the play offs.

Monday will be a big and tough game!

Thought we might have got away with it today until I saw that dorking had scored towards the end

At least it's a little simpler now....beat carshalton and the league is ours! (barring a huge goal swing across dorkings 2 remaining games).

Didn't think we played badly today, but didn't think we played well either. Ramsgate were good, and they carved us open and looked dangerous on quite a few occasions. I would say they matched us or were marginally better. Hit the bar twice!!

Anyway a point isn't the end of the world, but we will need to be sharper and want it more at home on Monday.

16/4/2017 1:11 am  #3

dac123 wrote:

Monday will be a big and tough game!

At least it's a little simpler now....beat carshalton and the league is ours!

Yes, and very important for all of Tooting's faithful to command every man, woman and child to become our big twelfth man on these two games - now I can talk (I can hear them now) about the amount of league games I've seen in a good while, which I can accept - but I'm there on the next two

I had to console Fretty in the pub the other night, he's beside himself with the football situation (by the way MF, not making fun - I know you feel so strongly for the team, that observation carries some gravity), and with the point situation after today (which I thought wouldn't be an issue) this really is time to get behind the lads, and after today's result I've got seriously nervy myself......but let's do what we do best and we'll do the lads, Frank, Paul and ourselves proud - KEEP THE FAITH   

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

16/4/2017 6:44 am  #4

Drop Jordan and Billy to the bench for the Carshalton game: they are not firing, and start with Dan and Sandy.  The team looked stale at Ramsgate and needs an injection of energy and creativity.

16/4/2017 7:48 am  #5

Getting one point is better than no points !!!! Is the championship going down to the wire or will the terrors deliver on bank holiday Monday ?

16/4/2017 7:58 am  #6

We are stumbling towards the finishing line, the freeflowing champagne football of earlier in the season seems a distant memory now.  I don't know what Dorkings performances have been like recently because the pressure on them must be worse than on us.

What does Sandy Cunningham have to do to get a start?  Billy Dunn is a class act but is completely out of form and doesn't deserve his starting position in the team at the moment.

Last edited by Andy Mc (16/4/2017 8:08 am)

16/4/2017 9:55 am  #7

I can assure you that the BogEnd choir were in very fine voice from the start yesterday, perhaps fuelled by their detailed preparation.   So the team did not lack vocal encouragement.

Sadly I agree with Evthedog on selection for Monday.  Dan and Sandy would certainly provide the additional energy the team require at the moment.

What an incredible strength bench we had yesterday.  Not even room for Tennie!

16/4/2017 12:55 pm  #8

Bondy wrote:

I can assure you that the BogEnd choir were in very fine voice from the start yesterday, perhaps fuelled by their detailed preparation. So the team did not lack vocal encouragement.

Excellent stuff Sir. Bond and I wouldn't have thought any less.......I like the wording of 'fuelled', I can well imagine.....

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

16/4/2017 3:36 pm  #9

Had a nightmare last night. We drew with Carshalton. Dorking won at Geurnsey. Then they beat us next week. Nooooooo.
Can't stand the stress.

16/4/2017 3:45 pm  #10

Eddie Vines??  Ha ha, another bruvver Gary?  ☺

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

16/4/2017 4:38 pm  #11

Andy Mc wrote:

We are stumbling towards the finishing line, the freeflowing champagne football of earlier in the season seems a distant memory now.  I don't know what Dorkings performances have been like recently because the pressure on them must be worse than on us.

What does Sandy Cunningham have to do to get a start?  Billy Dunn is a class act but is completely out of form and doesn't deserve his starting position in the team at the moment.

Stumbling is the right word Andy.  Perhaps the more cautious style of play is the problem: we are not comfortable playing that way perhaps?  Maybe reverting to our free flowing style is the answer because the cautious style sure ain't working.  After our goal yesterday we did not even look remotely like we were looking to kill Ramsgate off.

Sandy does deserve a start as Billy just has not hit the groove since his Winter holiday in Greenwich.

Last edited by evthedog (16/4/2017 4:39 pm)

18/4/2017 9:40 am  #12

evthedog wrote:

Drop Jordan and Billy to the bench for the Carshalton game: they are not firing, and start with Dan and Sandy.  The team looked stale at Ramsgate and needs an injection of energy and creativity.

So I called it right.  Billy and Jordan on the bench.  On they come and change the game.  Just what the doctor ordered!

Board footera