“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/6/2017 7:38 am  #1

BASH

Very sorry to see that Bash has decided to leave us, as Frank has told him he can not be sure of a regular first team game.
An absolute credit to the non league game, his understanding and commitment to the game was without equal, a big pair of boots to fill and I do not envy the person who has to do it.
I feel sure a number of clubs will be only too happy to have him as a player as he still has a lot to offer.
Good luck in the future and do not forget us at Imperial Fields, your contribution to our club can never be forgotten.  

06/6/2017 1:20 pm  #2

Re: BASH

Also a farewell to Jack Mazzone.  I thought he was a good acquisition having been quite a prolific goalscorer for the team that was bottom of the league.  And I think he did OK for us.  He got 5 goals which was ok considering he didn't get many starts.  I think he suffered in the direct comparison with Dixon.  They had to play similar roles even though they weren't really the same type of player.  You can probably look at the Herne Bay game away where we were struggling to hold on.  Then Dixon replaces Mazzone and we blew them away.

But to win the league you need decent back up, and Jack was that.  So he was an important part of the title winning squad.  But I can understand that a player like him would want more playing time, and he probably wouldn't have got it with us.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores a hatful for someone next season.

Board footera