“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/7/2017 7:25 am  #1

Squad

Was not at game Saturday but how does everyone think the new players look. Last season I would of said a new centre half was essential as players will be technically more gifted and with better turn of pace. I'm happy likes of chace and Kevin have stayed along with Dixon. Looking forward to step up feel mid table could be achieved how does everyone feel.

17/7/2017 11:10 am  #2

Re: Squad

We had some good movement going forward and could have scored a couple. The Slough goalkeeper made a great save from Danny Bassett ( who looked sharp when he came on ) just before the end. Defence in the first half - with Sol and Owen Davies as central defenders - looked OK. But, second half was different. Slough were sharper and with Quincy and Chindi Williams ( I think) we looked vulnerable. Two of Slough's goals were free headers.Juvean Spencer looked confident but, as with Wedgie on the left, when the full backs went forward there was alot of space behind for the Slough forwards to exploit. Still, time to sort it out yet !

17/7/2017 11:20 am  #3

I thought that would be case coming up we would need a new centre back. I do rate sol but some times he's discipline is a bit up and down so cover would be needed in that area. Good to hear we are creating chances which I thought we would and with chace and Kevin coming into the team after being rested I think we should create more. I think by the charshalton game we should have a better understanding of the players that will be staying and those who may be off else where. Can't wait to get the ball rolling after the shambles last time we played in this league and went down with a whimper.

17/7/2017 12:57 pm  #4

Noticed Charlie Ten-Grotenhuis wasn't included in the squad that went to Slough.  Did he sign for us in the end - he seemed to be at the army training so I hope he did.  I think he could be a brilliant addition to our defence so I hope Bristol City don't pinch him.

17/7/2017 1:04 pm  #5

Spoke to Paul Dale at Slough. Charlie is on a week's trial at Bristol City ( Rovers ?) now. If the trial is
unsuccessful, Paul expects him to be back with us.

17/7/2017 1:18 pm  #6

That would be good news looked very composed and is a defendant presence and brings in some power. Think by looking at team Frank and Paul will be getting rid of a few players with chace and Kevin maybe coming in Saturday in the middle of the park. Just hope Billy can find some of he's early form for us infront of goal and Baxter hits form he had before injury and think we will be a force to be reckoned with even in this league.

Board footera