“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/8/2017 1:22 pm  #1

The Palace game

Well, we got tonked in the 2nd half!  I suppose their 4th and 6th were probably preventable, but they did score a few decent goals.  We didn't get much of a sniff, but we should have scored in a second half breakaway.

But it was a good defensive work out!  And when you think that we spent about 80% of last season on the attack, its going to be a bit different this season - so defending is something we're going to have to do more of.

But isn't it amazing how premier league players play the whole time seemingly in a casual manner, and appear to have all the time in the world.  Even someone like Jordon Mutch, who might be described as a journeyman, seemed to have acres of space throughout his time on the pitch.  And late in the game he took the ball off of one of our players like taking candy from a baby.  Not even a tackle really - just took possession of the ball!

02/8/2017 1:53 pm  #2

Re: The Palace game

A very evenly contested first half I thought. And despite our superior class the Nigels managed 5 jammy breakaway goals in the second half to spring a surprise. Sorry make that 4 jammy breakaway goals as even I have to admit Mutch's strike might just turn out to be the best goal I'll see this season (much as it pains me to say it). 

02/8/2017 2:49 pm  #3

This was very much the Palace u23 team.  How did TMU get beaten so badly?  Hopefully just an off night

02/8/2017 3:03 pm  #4

A couple of their "over age players" made quite a difference.  In the 1st half they had Freddie Ladapo and Lee Chung Yong, but in the 2nd half they brought on Jonny Williams and Jordon Mutch and these guys made a huge impact.

02/8/2017 3:10 pm  #5

Missed last night due to Man Flu which very nearly killed me !!!!!!
Cheers BEU for stopping the Tooting Youth Firm from rioting last night...

First home game I've missed in a while... Looked as if it was a good one to miss.

03/8/2017 7:21 am  #6

The goals from the Palace game can be found at: [url=https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/friendly-tooting--mitcham-0-crystal-palace-6/If nothing else it shows a few defensive issues we have!!!]https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/friendly-tooting--mitcham-0-crystal-palace-6/[/url]

If nothing else it shows a few defensive issues we have!!! We didn't have a proper left back in the team.

Last edited by DaveM (03/8/2017 7:27 am)

03/8/2017 12:38 pm  #7

16/8/2017 12:14 pm  #8

Bog End Ultra wrote:

even I have to admit Mutch's strike might just turn out to be the best goal I'll see this season (much as it pains me to say it). 

As it turns out, Mutch's goal wasn't even the best goal I've seen in August !! Staines' 4th last night was unreal, the bloke could seriously make the GB 4x100 metre relay squad whilst dribbling a football, it was a fcuking Circus act. Imagine Linford Christie with the skill of Georgie Best.

The words, Hot knife, through and butter spring to mind.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (16/8/2017 12:30 pm)

16/8/2017 12:40 pm  #9

Can not disagree with you Cricket, not one of our players got within a metre of tackling him, it was certainly the best I have seen for a long time, credit to him.

Board footera