“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/8/2017 5:28 pm  #1

1-1 vs Bright...

Fair result maybe? We should have been a couple up in the early part of the first half but then they came on strong towards end of the first half. A very physical side. Hard to say how good or bad we did as both sides are unknown quantities being newly promoted. Baxter should have scored at least 2 early on.

Thought Kevin McClaren and Billy Dunn were our stand out players. You can see how Kevin has played at this level for a lot of his career and I'm glad we have that steel in the midfield.

Bearing in mind we were without Chace and Mike Dixon I think we look ok! Mike's physicalness and Chace's intelligent use of the ball are both assets we can look forward to having back.

Overall reasonably impressed and a satisfactory start against an unknown quantity!

I noticed Paul wasn't around today, again another asset we can look forward to welcoming back. He has a real way with the players re tactics.

Bring on Tuesday!

13/8/2017 8:49 am  #2

Re: 1-1 vs Bright...

Felt a bit flat after the opening game after the great team performances last season. Ok, agree that we missed Chace and his controlling ability to make things happen and the presence of Mike Dixon bearing down on goal . Good to see another solid effort from Maclaren . Early days of course .

13/8/2017 12:00 pm  #3

13/8/2017 1:53 pm  #4

Good game.I thought draw was about right.We had problems with the long throws and corners.I don't think other bigger teams will have so many problems.Everyone we are height wise a bit small.Dines did well,but I do feel we need another midfielder.Jake had a good game,he will be disappointed he didn't score with those 2 chances he had.Lets see how we get on over next few games.
Clive

13/8/2017 2:03 pm  #5

I thought it was a decent game. We have to realise that we aren't going to boss games for 90 minutes  in this division. So its imperative that we take our chances when we are on top. And as most people have said we will be under a bit more physical pressure in midfield and at the back. But I thought we did that pretty well yesterday.

I think Billy Dunn scored an equaliser in a 1-1 draw on opening day last year - and that season turned out alright in the end!

13/8/2017 6:57 pm  #6

I enjoyed the live commentary by BackOfTheNet highlights yesterday afternoon and the highlights on YouTube are really good quality. For us far flung fans let's hope they choose to cover us again.

15/8/2017 8:26 am  #7

Some decent video highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb-GWDDmtr8&t=329s%E2%80%AC

Looking at their goal, it could easily have been a free kick to us for fouling the goalie.  I'm not saying it WAS a foul, but we will see them given regularly throughout the season.

And looking at Baxter's early chances he will probably be very disappointed with the first one, although I thought the 2nd one was actually a pretty difficult chance.

Board footera