“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/8/2017 8:52 am  #1

31/8/2017 9:44 am  #2

Re: August Review

I would call that a fair assessment Roger.
Hopefully the lads can put the indifferent start behind them this Saturday and take us on a journey which we, I am sure, will all enjoy.

31/8/2017 9:59 am  #3

I see Tom Jelly has left Hampton - now he would be a good signing !!

31/8/2017 10:28 am  #4

Would be an excellent signing.  But, a bit like when Matt Drage became available, there will be a lot of interest in him.

One thing that might be in our favour is that he seems to want to play in our division, so that would narrow his options a little bit.  And I think he lives in the Kingston area, so presumably travel considerations would rule out the North London sides and the Essex sides.  And Kent is a bit far as well!

See - I've virtually signed him up!

31/8/2017 12:13 pm  #5

A very fair review and a good read.

Just curious - endo; how do you know Tom Jelley wants to play in our divison?

31/8/2017 2:18 pm  #6

Yes, honest reflection so far. Got over the Enfield game emotions. Lets hope for a better September results.

31/8/2017 4:32 pm  #7

Re: Jels - the quote was from the national league website "looking for regular football, probably at Bostik League Premier level."

Last edited by endofthelane (31/8/2017 4:32 pm)

01/9/2017 11:06 am  #8

I know its old news but Tom Jelley has quit Hampton & Richmond FC & is looking for a club in the Isthmian league premier. Tom can play in a few positions & if I remember rightly did very well in the right back position & that happens to be our problem position at the moment. Hope Frank has taken note. (go get him)

12/9/2017 8:06 am  #9

Tom Jelley turned out for Carshalton at the weekend.  What a decent signing for a Bostik South club.

12/9/2017 9:11 am  #10

I believe Jordan Cheadle is there and they are very good mates so makes sense from that perspective. He's been comfortably playing at Conf South so a great coop for Carshalton...

On the topic of right back's - it will be interesting to see how Juevan Spencer develops for us. I am a little surprised how often Frank has decided not to play him, whether that's injury related or system related it's unclear. 

12/9/2017 9:23 am  #11

I never really thought of him as a defender - I always looked at him as a winger.

12/9/2017 9:58 am  #12

endofthelane wrote:

I never really thought of him as a defender - I always looked at him as a winger.

Interesting, didn't know that. What was he at Corinthian Casuals? What do you think Frank brought him in as?

Board footera