“The Official Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/9/2017 8:18 pm  #1

Worthing reappoint Adam Hinshelwood

Hinshelwood was manager at Worthing for eighteen months up until June 2015. He took a side which had no budget and was built around graduates from the Youth Team to sixth place in Isthmian South, before being approached to become Assistant Manager of Brighton & Hove Albion Under 18's. He then took over as manager of Hastings United in the summer, but it appears that he has decided to now return to Worthing, drawn by his love for the club and his wish not to spend half of his life travelling down the awful A27 from his home in Selsey.
He goes with the best wishes of all at Hasting and the club have already appointed his former Assistant, Chris Agutter, as their first team manager. Any announcement from Worthing will be added to this article once it appears- but we're sure that the supporters at Woodside Road will welcome him back with open arms!

It is expected that his first match in charge will be tomorrow night, when the Mackerel Men take on Kingstonian at Bognor Regis- their temporary home whilst their 3G pitch is repaired.

Last edited by gary walker (25/9/2017 8:18 pm)

25/9/2017 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Worthing reappoint Adam Hinshelwood

@WorthingFC   Worthing FC Hinshelwood: “As soon as I walked through the doors again I knew it was right”
CLUB NEWS Monday 25 September 2017, 19:30 BST
Hinshelwood: “As soon as I walked through the doors again I knew it was right”

Returning manager Adam Hinshelwood gives us his thoughts as he embarks on his second spell in charge.

Despite taking over a team routed to the bottom of the table Hinshelwood is looking forward to getting started: “As soon I walked back through the door it felt right”. “Despite recent events, the club’s moving in the right direction and I can see all the things that George and Calvin spoke about when the first came in coming to fruition so I’m delighted to be able to come back and be a part of it”

The new manager isn’t looking two far ahead at this stage, admitting it’s vital to get points on the board and stay up this season: “Initially we’ve got to plug away and get a points on the board as soon as possible then hopefully confidence grows, if we can do that and these young players get a bit of belief then who knows what’s possible but with the situation we’re in at the moment you’d take second bottom now if someone offered it to you”.

“I’d urge the fans to be patient and stay behind this team, it’s a young team but one thing they did was grind out a result last Sunday which is encouraging but obviously they could do with a bit more experience to help them out”.

Hinshelwood is keen to address that and plans to strengthen the team immediately: “Straight away I’ve got to look to strengthen, that’s obvious, the league table doesn’t lie. Although there’s some really talented young players in the team, they just need a bit of help and they’ll be times when they need to come out the team”.

The former Brighton and Wycombe man is also looking forward to reacquainting himself with the Woodside Road faithful: “That was a big draw really in coming back along with the work George and Calvin are doing with the club – the relationship I had with the supporters was something special really and I’m looking forward to improving on that and that’s only going to be done by positive performances and getting results on the pitch”.

Hinshelwood takes change officially for the first time for tomorrow’s league fixture with Kingstonian at Nyewood Lane.

Last edited by gary walker (25/9/2017 8:25 pm)

26/9/2017 10:26 pm  #3

Worthing was winning at Half time but K's came to our rescue scoring 2 in the second half.
For those who don't know only one club go down this season due to a restructuring of the league's next season. We now have 2 games in hand over Worthing with 3 points out of 8 games out of a possible 24 and with worthing with just 1 point out of a possible 30 over 10 games.
Are we confident we will stay up ?

Last edited by gary walker (26/9/2017 10:32 pm)

04/10/2017 2:27 pm  #4

Piper steps away from the club

Gary Elphick’s number two Matt Piper has called time on his involvement with the club.

Piper, along with coach Cameron Morrison have been away from the club since Elphick’s departure with the board feeling fresh faces and voices were required to help improve fortunes in the short term, calling upon John Lock, Aarran Racine and Zaki Rahman to steer the team until a new manager was appointed.

The pair were welcome back if required by the new management but since Adam Hinshelwood’s appointment Piper has informed the club of his desire to step away while the new boss is expected to finalise his management team shortly.

The club would like to place on record our appreciation for Matt Piper’s effort and commitment as both a player and part of the management and wish him well for the future

Board footera