“The Official Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/10/2017 9:22 pm  #1

WORTHING

Not looking good at the present they are leading Leatherhead by 1 - 0 .
Where is the brandy?

04/10/2017 9:28 pm  #2

Re: WORTHING

And I see Jake Baxter scored for Hartley Wintney this evening

04/10/2017 9:36 pm  #3

Leather head equalise in added time

04/10/2017 9:43 pm  #4

Phew!

04/10/2017 9:46 pm  #5

Also see Taurean Roberts is back in our division. He scored for Harrow Borough last night.

04/10/2017 9:46 pm  #6

This is a serious question and hopefully a start of a good debate.
If we beat Worthing home and away who else can we beat in this league ?

04/10/2017 9:47 pm  #7

This is a serious question and hopefully a start of a good debate.
If we beat Worthing home and away who else can we beat in this league ?

04/10/2017 9:48 pm  #8

Harlow - should see us safe. 😂

Last edited by 59robbery (04/10/2017 9:49 pm)

04/10/2017 9:49 pm  #9

So that is 12 points . Will we get any more  and will it be enough ?

04/10/2017 9:50 pm  #10

Don't forget the three points we already have Gary.

04/10/2017 9:58 pm  #11

Yes so 3 points we already have 6 against Worthing  ? I don't think so. But least sat and 3 against Harlow. 12  even if you said 15 will that be enough to avoid relegation?

05/10/2017 5:41 pm  #12

NO.....but don't forget the 3 points we are going to get against Dulwich on Boxing Day

05/10/2017 5:55 pm  #13

The fixture list hasn't been particularly kind to us with away games at top teams, Billericay, DH and Hendon and a double dose of Staines who must be a bit special however badly we played. Be positive - we haven't started as badly as Palace! 

05/10/2017 10:03 pm  #14

This thread has taken a different turn from where  I started it.
I think it is disrespectful towards the management and the players as you are virtually saying to them, you are not good enough and we have no faith in you to start climbing the table.
At times like this we all need to pull together and get behind them all.
As I have said before this is a learning curve for everybody, and yes some adjustments need to be made , but for goodness sake , give them a break!.

06/10/2017 12:24 am  #15

For the second time in a week we will have to agree to disagree again Alan. Sorry mate . I might see you Saturday.

06/10/2017 9:39 am  #16

What seems to get forgotten Gary is both the management and the players might read the comments posted on here, how do you think it might make them feel, or put yourself in their position, would it encourage or disillusion you.

06/10/2017 10:45 am  #17

Have you forgotten because I haven't ? I hope they read this. Even the manager in his latest media report has said the players are not good enough.
There are plenty of quality managers who want to manage Tooting. I still believe we have one and as I have said he should have a chance to fix us.
Let's now concentrate on Saturday .

Last edited by gary walker (06/10/2017 10:46 am)

06/10/2017 11:41 am  #18

I think you are missing my point Gary, at the end of the day it is for the manager to let the players know when things are wrong, as I am sure he does, but negativity on here, in my opinion, does not do any good for either the manager or the players.
As for stating "there are plenty of quality managers who want to manage Tooting" do you not think he knows that and I am sure he does not require us to inform him of that fact.
As I said before, put yourself in their, or Franks, place, they already have sufficient pressure upon them, do they really need more?
Some things are best left unsaid.

06/10/2017 11:54 am  #19

alanj wrote:

I think you are missing my point Gary, at the end of the day it is for the manager to let the players know when things are wrong, as I am sure he does, but negativity on here, in my opinion, does not do any good for either the manager or the players.
As for stating "there are plenty of quality managers who want to manage Tooting" do you not think he knows that and I am sure he does not require us to inform him of that fact.
As I said before, put yourself in their, or Franks, place, they already have sufficient pressure upon them, do they really need more?
Some things are best left unsaid.

The point of this unofficial forum is that the paying customer have their say.The reason I was asked to take it over is that I don't work for the club and Bolty wanted some one who will give a honest and allow anyone's passionate view with out bullying or being personal. I am doing my best to fulfil my promise.
Maybe the club should have it's own official forum for the people that do not want to hear any criticism can enjoy them selves.

Last edited by gary walker (06/10/2017 12:10 pm)

06/10/2017 12:12 pm  #20

59robbery wrote:

Also see Taurean Roberts is back in our division. He scored for Harrow Borough last night.

Just seen this post. Great move for him , Steve Baker  is a lovely guy and will get the best out of him. Steve used to be at Chipstead.

06/10/2017 12:33 pm  #21

Worthing Football Club have come to an agreement with Aldershot Town for the loan signing of Luca Wrightman.

The 17-year-old who is a graduate of the Shots’ academy can operate as either a right-back or right-winger.

Wrightman who has made two substitute appearance for the National League side this season spent the second half of the last campaign playing Isthmian League Premier Division football with Canvey Island.

Having trained with his new teammates last night he goes straight into the squad for the bottom of the table clash with Tooting & Mitcham United tomorrow.

06/10/2017 12:46 pm  #22

I see that our under 23s won 16-0 last night!  I wonder if that's a big enough nudge to the manager to bring 1 or 2 in.

Its not normally a good idea to bring youngsters into a struggling side, but I don't think that any of the established 1st teamers can complain if they are left out tomorrow.

06/10/2017 12:49 pm  #23

I watched the end of the under 23s play the 18s on Tuesday. I was very impressed.

06/10/2017 7:57 pm  #24

Cadman returns for second loan spell

After a spell at Woodside Road at the end of last season, defender Tom Cadman has returned on a one-month loan deal from Whitehawk.

Following on from the loan signing of Aldershot Town’s Luca Wrightman, Adam Hinshelwood has further strengthened his options today by capturing former Brighton & Hove Albion defender Cadman who played 7 times on loan from the Seagulls last season.

The 19-year-old was released by the Albion in the summer but chose to sign for the National League South side despite Gary Elphick’s interest in taking him to the club permanently. He now joins for an initial one month period that will be reviewed by all parties upon it’s completion.

A composed centre-half who can also play in midfield, Cadman has represented the Republic of Ireland at under-19 level.

Like Wrightman, he too goes into the squad for tomorrow’s vital clash with Tooting & Mitcham United

06/10/2017 8:46 pm  #25

59robbery wrote:

I spoke to Steve tonight by messenger he is at Harrow on loan.

Board footera