“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/9/2013 4:53 pm  #1

Match Reports

Whilst I'm on holidays good old Mr Bond will use this thread to post the official9Ish) results and summaries.  Please don;t use it for comment and discussions.
Thanks
Paul

14/9/2013 8:45 am  #2

Re: Match Reports

What a pathetic posting, talk about want your cake and eat it!

14/9/2013 11:25 am  #3

I think you must be joking Mike.  At least I hope you are. Surely

Of course Paul wants you (and all other Terrors) to trade opinions, comments and views on the 3 games occuring while he is away.
(Especially as most of you are sure to disagree heartily with the nonsense I will produce)

He is just asking you to do it under a diifferent thread please.  That is all.

I can set up new threads for Ramsgate, Sittingbourne and Three Bridges now if you like!

14/9/2013 8:36 pm  #4

Mikem, Just what are you on about. " want your cake and eat it"

14/9/2013 11:28 pm  #5

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH 14TH SEPTEMBER 2013

TOOTING & MITCHAM UNITED   3      RAMSGATE   4

Ramsgate took the points in a action packed game at the KNK Stadium, although the match was marred by a bad injury to Ramsgate defender Luke Wheatley who suffered a broken leg in two places and we wish him well for a speedy recovery.

The visitors dominated the first half and only some super saves from Terrors keeper Paul Smith kept us in the game at the interval.
Ramsgate opened the scoring in the 9th minute when the dangerous Ian Pulman latched on to a through ball and slotted home. In the 25th minute Ramsgate went close when Macauley Murray hit the woodwork with a fierce drive and soon after the unfortunate Luke Wheatley had a effort pushed over by Paul Smith.
In the 31st minute Ian Pulman was brought down in the area and stepped up to take the penalty but Paul Smith produced an excellent save to beat out the effort.
In the 37th minute Luke Wheatley conceded a corner in a tackle with Francis Quarm but suffered a serious injury in the collision and was in a terrible amount of pain. The game was suspended for over 30 minutes whilst an ambulance arrived and tended him on the pitch before taking him to hospital.
In the lengthy amount of stoppage time James Everitt added a second heading home a Macauley Murray corner.

After the break Tooting responded well and in the 48th minute Sol Pinnock brought us back into the game with a brilliant strike and eight minutes later Frankie Sawyer made it 2-2 with a scrambled effort.  Ryan Palmer then had a chance to put us in front but fired just wide.

Back came Ramsgate and in the 74th minute Aaron Millbank broke free and Paul Smith made another outstanding block but the ball rebounded into the net off the Rams player to make it 3-2.
Three minutes later James Everitt scored with a fine free kick which went off in off the post.
We then put on a lot of pressure and Jordan Cheadle reduced the arrears scoring for the second successive game, this time with a fierce free-kick, but it was too late to salvage a point for the Terrors.

TOOTING & MITCHAM UNITED
Paul Smith, Jordan Binns, Nathan Gordon, Bashiru Alimi, Jordan Cheadle, Colin Hartburn, Ryan Palmer(Tinashe Nkoma), Francis Quarm, Sol Pinnock, Frankie Sawyer, Peter Wedgeworth(Max Noble). Other subs Aaron Dalhouse, Lee Hall, Harvey Cheadle.

Crowd 128

Match report by Ian Bullock

Last edited by Bondy (14/9/2013 11:29 pm)

15/9/2013 11:01 am  #6

I owe the Terror an apology, I totally misinterpreted his posting. After all the individuals on here making negative comments about how this forum is operated, I thought he wanted to use this forum for his own ends, but I now realize now he wants to  keep the match reports separate.

15/9/2013 11:58 pm  #7

Well done Mike. 
But still waiting to find out what you, and other Terrors, thought of the performance yesterday.
The bad and the good of course.

Only Harry has responded to the report produced by Ian B so far.

16/9/2013 9:19 am  #8

We lost it in the first half where Ramsgate dominated from the start and we had no answer to the probings of their number 9 (Pulman, who could make a good coach one day.......sorry). Plenty of fighting spirit in the second half, great goal from Sol, debatable leveller from Frankie and a blistering free kick from Cheads, that boy could peel a grape with his left foot.
Personally I was bitterly disappointed that Lee Hall was left on the bench as he is the best passer of a ball we've got in our squad.
Another highly entertaining game even if the result didn't go our way. Loads of goalmouth action, that's the reason we go and watch football isn't it ?

16/9/2013 5:53 pm  #9

One way traffic in the first half, they could have gone in four up if it were not for another great performance from keeper Smith, who I,ve got down as my player of the season already !
A bit better in the 2nd half, although our 2nd "goal" was very dubious to say the least, all in all we didn,t deserve anything from the game but it was highly entertaining, including a top quality rant from Tim against the ref when a decision didn,t go our way, it was worth the admission money on its own !!

17/9/2013 8:43 am  #10

Personally I thought the Referee had a decent game and on the incident that caused our Tim to blow a gasket I felt he got the decision spot-on. Clearly the frustration got the better of him or Tim just felt the need to let off a bit of steam but like Andy Mc said, all highly entertaining. If anyone had cause to complain about the officials it was probably them over our second ''goal'' which personally looked clearly over the line with my rose-tinted specs on. A good game of footy well refereed by the Nazi sympathiser from Nuremburg......or was he a Kent collaborator......or an attention seeking Despot ???

23/9/2013 12:47 pm  #11

Sittingbourne 2 T&M 0

Match report by Tim Marcus

A bright opening quarter of the match saw chances at both ends and a half time score of 3 or 4 all would not have been unreasonable. Sadly however for Terrors' supporters, the only chance converted in the first half came in the 24th minute after a defensive error from Jordan Cheadle, calling for a header he failed to make, which then allowed the Brickie's Joe Taylor to home in on the Tooting goal and slot the ball home past the advancing keeper.

This was Sittingbourne's first real chance of the game that came in an end to end first half that saw plenty of endeavour and forward movement from a bright looking Tooting side. However despite several surging runs down the right hand side by both Jordan Wilson and Ryan Palmer, all too often we ended up being the team having to defend after their failure to keep control of the ball time and time again. The only real goalscoring opportunities for Tooting in the first 45 mins all came courtesey of some very hard driven cross from the left put in by Sol Pinnock. Two of which Frankie Sawyer came within a hair's breadth of getting his head to and in between those two chances TJ Nkoma did manage to connect with one however on the stretch and falling backwards, he could only launch the ball skywards over the cross bar from about 8 yards out.

The reality however was that if it weren't for the heroics of debutant 'keeper Gareth Williams, deputising for the injured Paul Smith, Sittingbourne could easily have notched up a further 2 or 3 goals before the referee blew for half time.

Half time Sittingbourne 1 Terrors 0

Sadly, the brightness that Tooting had shown during the opening 25 minutes of the game did not re-appear for the second half and the following 45 minutes were somewhat lack lustre to say the least. A fairly early substitution saw Jordan Wilson replaced at right back, Colin Hartburn moving across the back line to take up that position while Aaron Dalhouse came on and slotted in alongside Cheadle at centre back. Dalhouse had an almost immediate impact, rising at the back post to meet a corner, only to see his powerful header soaring just over the bar. That was probably the highlight of a disappointing second half which saw the defence continue to give up opportunities as Tooting pushed forward in search of a goal that they never looked likely to get.

Peter Wedgeworth looked increasingly uncomfortable on the retreat playing in the left back position rather than in the left sided midfield role he had played in his previous two appearances and we continued to make life very comfortable for Sittingbourne by continuing to hand them the ball on a plate from midfield. It was therefore no surprise when Sittingbourne doubled their lead in the 66th minute as a result of Joe Taylor's second goal of the game.

Ryan Palmer was replaced by Troy Williams for the last quarter of an hour however despite a couple of good runs down the left hand side the Terrors never looked like troubling the pink clad Brickies goalkeeper

Full time Sittingbourne 2 Terrors 0

Positives to take from the game - The non stop running up front of both Frankie Sawyer and young TJ Nkoma (and in the first half Sol Pinnock too) and an excellent debut performance from stand in keeper Gareth Williams

Tooting line up; Williams, Wilson (Dalhouse), Wedgeworth, Hartburn, J Cheadle, Palmer (Williams)., Alimi, Quarm, Nkoma, Pinnock, Sawyer. Unused subs: H Cheadle, Hall, Simpson

23/9/2013 8:20 pm  #12

Not wishing to single people out, but for all the three good crosses Sol put in during the first half, only to find little Frankie Sawyer trying to outjump a six foor centre half, he kept on leaving their no.2 to run down
our right flank completely unopposed, leaving Wedgie to try and plug the gap, and on several occassions letting his frustrations known to Sol. But saying that, for me, and how many times do we say this, our goalkeeper was our man of the match, and he had not played since March!. Lets hope for better things Tuesday at Three Bridges.

Board footera