“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/11/2017 9:52 pm  #1

Paul Dale

Paul has left us for pastures new. Best wishes Paul and thanks for everything at T&M.

14/11/2017 9:59 pm  #2

Re: Paul Dale

Just what I thought! as soon as the new coach joined.
Very sorry to see Paul go, great bloke, always got time for the supporters, I am sure his knowledge will be a great loss to the club.
I wish you all the best Paul and I hope you get to where you want to be.
Has he left for Bournemouh Andy?
Just when you thought your day could not get any worse, it did!

Last edited by alanj (14/11/2017 10:01 pm)

15/11/2017 12:50 am  #3

Well that really is a great loss to the club.
As a supporter who prefers to stand close to the dugouts I have perhaps had a better view than the Bog Enders of the impact Paul has had on our levels of organisation over these two seasons.
And the impact his tactical changes and passion have had during games.
However I of course wish him every success in his next venture as a No 1.

Why the mystery over where he is going?  The announcement on Official TMFC is also clouded.
Surely it willl come out anyway.

15/11/2017 8:31 am  #4

I fcuking knew it ! 

15/11/2017 8:31 am  #5

I note that Ashley is to be temporary assistant manager till a permanent successor is found.  No mention of Chris Nurse who arrived as a coach a week or 2 ago.

But I think most supporters recognise the change in the 1st team that occurred almost immediately after Paul arrived at the club.  So Frank has got his work cut out to find a replacement that will be as effective as Paul Dale.

15/11/2017 8:42 am  #6

I do not think anyone can forget the night against Chatham when we got soundly beaten and the effect Paul had almost upon arrival.
Like you Endo, I wonder what has happened to Chris Nurse as I have not seen him at any games, and where can Frank find a number two to meet Pauls high standard.
I do hope Pauls leaving does not signal a reverse in our fortunes.

15/11/2017 8:46 am  #7

Chris Nurse has started working at my gym as a personal trainer, so if I see him tonight I'll ask him what's going on.

15/11/2017 9:40 am  #8

Paul leaving is a massive blow.No surprise he's moved up.Like everyone else,where is new coach? Will be hard to replace Paul's tactical knowledge.Im sure everyone will miss him.He is always a cheerful man.☹️

15/11/2017 3:33 pm  #9

I'm glad that you lot knew about Paul leaving us !
I'm only the bl**dy programme editor and nobody in officialdom bothered to tell me !!  2nd re-work of the programme imminent ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

16/11/2017 8:53 am  #10

Are you surprised David you should know our club does not do informing officially.
Sorry it created more work for you, but do not let that put you off of continuing your good work.

17/11/2017 11:56 am  #11

A big loss I think. Whilst Frank is probably the prime motivator, I always thought Paul was the brains behind the tactics, set up and adaptation throughout games. I can only assume Paul is going higher/bigger/better so best of luck to him. All round great guy too. 

However, In Frank we trust! Need a performance Saturday against Ks...

17/11/2017 12:44 pm  #12

Paul has just left the army after well over 20 years of service... A big change in his life. I'm not surprised he left in truth. A big shame and he'll be missed but he has a lot to sort out now he's a civvie

Cheers Paul  

17/11/2017 1:26 pm  #13

At last night's U23 match Michael Lambeth showed me an exchange of e-mails he had with Paul since his departure in which Paul has promised to visit the KNK so that he can say goodbye to the supporters. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not really, I'm not terribly good at goodbyes. I remember at Dorking last season when Ashley Robinson shook my hand and said farewell I nearly burst into tears, I still had a lump in my throat when we walked into the pub after.

17/11/2017 1:27 pm  #14

Agree with that H !
After all it's taken you years to rehabilitate in to civvy life - and you're still trying

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

17/11/2017 6:08 pm  #15

Paul will be joint manager of Whyteleafe.

17/11/2017 6:25 pm  #16

Thank you HH (and Andy).
Hopefully that will put an end to the usual doom & gloom, scaremongering postings that are never intended to be so, but always are.
Once again, I only wish him well.

I’ve never managed to spot Where’s Wally however I can confirm seeing Chris Nurse at two recent games, both in the stand and in the bar afterwards. And I directed a friend/family member to his location.
So he is even boosting the attendance!

Don’t forget Bogenders, only two coaches can stand out on the touch line. Unless of course you are Bill & Dicky in which case you think you have an unrestricted entitlement.

17/11/2017 9:25 pm  #17

This is not the first time a manager or an assistant has gone down a division and surprised supporters, only this season we had the Brightlingsea manager do the same thing and then took half the team with him.
I consider Paul to be an honourable person but at the end of the day this a result driven game.

17/11/2017 9:46 pm  #18

I just hope Gary that it does not get any worse, but I do worry for our future.

18/11/2017 11:08 am  #19

You  should read the item on the Bostic web site regarding Casuals and Bracken, makes interesting reading, especially the wages

18/11/2017 8:57 pm  #20

Gary, let us not forget what our manager achieved last season, along of course with Paul, so making them both special lad`s.
Bracken has yet to win anything but I do wish him and his team well for the season.

19/11/2017 9:42 pm  #21

Gary you seem to have a very short support span.
His name is Paul Dale, and he must go down in history as one of, if not the best, coach / assistant manager we have ever had.

Last edited by alanj (19/11/2017 9:48 pm)

20/11/2017 9:29 am  #22

Gary, correct me if I am wrong but I believe you have a family to support, if you had ambitions to further your career and an offer came in that enabled you to do that, would you just turn it down or would you give it good consideration and if you felt it was a step up and an improvement in your life, would you not accept it? after all the chance might not come again.
That is all Paul has done which is probably true  of most people, and good luck to him.

20/11/2017 10:59 am  #23

Gary I never stated he was going to be sole manager purely accepting a role which he feels is a step up on his career.
Something I do not understand is did the club offer him the same opportunity in order to keep him? if they did and Frank, understandably, was not happy in this new arrangement, then I fully understand his leaving.
At the end of the day, which nobody can deny, both he and Frank will go down in the history of our club as , one of, if not the greatest duo we have had.
Such a pity it has finished so early, who knows where it might have led.

20/11/2017 4:30 pm  #24

This is why I have a soft spot for Casuals. They finished 4th last season without paying players. Hope they go up as I like their fans and have a few friends from there.

20/11/2017 9:05 pm  #25

Could not agree more Ant, a club run in the true spirit of amateur football

Board footera