“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/11/2017 6:30 pm  #1

Leiston away

Now don’t nag me Dee Pee because I am sure info is all in your excellent programme but......any travel plans from the club for this one next weekend?
It seems to be a considerable distance from any station. Perhaps I should leave now.

18/11/2017 8:37 am  #2

Re: Leiston away

There s an item on official T&MUFC Bondy stating a coach will be going and at a cost of £25-00 per person, a bargain if you ask me, it leaves at 9-.15. 

19/11/2017 3:49 pm  #3

Bondy - You have a PM  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/11/2017 5:39 pm  #4

Sorry but in my opinion £25 was far too expensive to Leiston. Margate charged nothing coming to us recently and Brightlingsea charge £10 to most away games etc.

26/11/2017 9:23 pm  #5

I thought it was an absolute bargain, with my car doing between 20 - 30miles to the gallon it would have cost me far more, plus I would  have missed "Tope" singing/rapping to the team, combined with the banter between the player`s, all made for an enjoyable journey.
Only negative about the day was not the performance just the result.

Last edited by alanj (26/11/2017 9:38 pm)

27/11/2017 10:59 am  #6

I agree with Andy H and thought that the cost of the coach to Leiston was too much and would have perhaps hoped for some subsidized travel on a coach that was going there anyway. Dorking Wanderers laid on free travel for their supporters on Saturday to the FA Trophy game at Havant & Waterlooville (and also recently charged only £2 entrance fee for their Surrey Senior Cup against Godalming Town). Perhaps slightly different but generous of the club all the same is Kingstonian  FC who at the moment lay on free travel from Kingston to the "home" games at Fetcham Grove. I imagine that the entrance fee on Wednesday night against Corinthian Casuals in the SSC will be full price again, I'm not saying that by reducing the entrance fee for such games we would definitely get more supporters in, but we might and we won't know unless we try!

27/11/2017 11:14 am  #7

I see where you are coming from Gary but this is part of an overall business and as such has to attempt to pay it`s way, which the team certainly does not, without contributions from other elements of the business structure we would not have a team to support.
But let`s face it, football at this level is certainly good value for money when compared to other sports/entertainments.

27/11/2017 12:43 pm  #8

Gary Lincoln wrote:

I agree with Andy H and thought that the cost of the coach to Leiston was too much

This from the man who got picked up from the end of his road, driven to and from Staines Town and dropped off outside his front door after and got asked for £3 for petrol money, gave our driver a £5 note and wanted his change, then when handed 2 coins and told one of the coins might not be a pound it might be 10p was holding up the coins to a streetlight to make certain he wasn't being done out of 90p. Fcuk my old boots.

For the record, I agree with Alan, I thought for the convenience and comfort £25 was a snip. But then again I'm not a tightwad.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (27/11/2017 12:44 pm)

Board footera