“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/11/2017 1:55 pm  #1

Always n forever

Good to hear all opinions on a great forum . At end of the day we are all supporters of this great club. To me this is best way to watch real football  and enjoy seeing players give their upmost to win a game of football. Keep the faith I say!!

23/11/2017 2:23 pm  #2

Re: Always n forever

Welcome to the forum.  I've just passed 43 years since my first Tooting game, and I have learned that if you want regular top 3 finishes, then maybe Tooting isn't the team for you!

Admittedly I didn't go to the Margate game, but I doubt very much that it plumbed the depths of John Langford's team of the mid 90s or even worse - the Kenny Brown "team".  I saw a lot of that and I'm still here!

Since when did playing badly make you stop supporting your team!

23/11/2017 2:38 pm  #3

When you are a glory hunter Endo, as we both know a true supporter turns up during the good and the bad times.
The season just passed was our time in the sun and bought immense pleasure to those of us who witnessed it, will we see it`s like again? who know`s, but it makes all the disappointment`s, and by god we do have some, seem worthwhile.
As Endo stated, welcome Wilde as you rightly stated to "real football"

23/11/2017 4:22 pm  #4

Sod Tooting & Mitcham and Chelsea, I'm going to support Man City from now on.

23/11/2017 4:33 pm  #5

This club has given great memories over yrs watching Webb n Hastings bang em in. I take my boys to Arsenal that doesn.t beat being a terror. I feel like I belong to this club with great surpport and pro footie has lost that. Need Eddie dinners back soon

23/11/2017 9:35 pm  #6

You traitor Cricket!
Don`t be surprised if the coach leave`s without you on Saturday

Last edited by alanj (23/11/2017 9:36 pm)

24/11/2017 8:11 am  #7

If it does I'll go and watch Billericay instead 

24/11/2017 7:02 pm  #8

This club is my life and I will be Tooting till I die through the hard times. Last season created the best moments of my life. I have also had bad times but that's football and as Amil says" you have to experience the bad times before the good.

TOOTING TILL I DIE

24/11/2017 7:33 pm  #9

Good reading these posts, lots of different opinions.......

I am a new supporter - I have being going the last two seasons, I go to most home Saturday matches some midweek and bring my son along and try to bring friends as well  - so forgive my lack of knowledge/experience of the past
Last season was great - but surely it was unrealistic to assume that we would do so well this season, against higher class opposition with greater finances/resources?.
Admittedly I did not see this seasons worst defeats, but from what I have seen our players try their best? against Kingstonian Dominic MG and Kevin Mc in particular got stuck in. 

I do agree that attendance figures are disappointingly low. I don't know how the TMFC set up/ownership is configured/managed but there seems to be zero effort to publicise the club to try to get new fans in??

24/11/2017 7:54 pm  #10

My point as a life long tooting fan is a sense of honesty at this level. Premier league players diving is killing football. You can.t beat watching footie at tooting win or lose my example is saturday game v k.s . Ref gives no penalty for folkes dive. Why would he go down he has control of ball and is on goal to score come on ref . . Super terroes

24/11/2017 9:20 pm  #11

Welcome aboard Brendan and buckle up, it might sometimes be a bumpy ride but wherelse can you be, entertained, good or bad! get a recognised well presented and informative programme, a pie and a pint, and still have change for a coffee at half time, all for the princely sum of £25-00.
Great value for money I call it.
Re your knowledge , if you ever wish to know anything about the "Terrors" speak to our sage Mr. Ian Bullock who can take you back to the beginning, or no doubt as you know, there is a lot in the programme.

25/11/2017 7:06 am  #12

Brendan. Lovely to have you on board. Come and find me at the next home game you are at and I'll explain the way the club works behind the scenes. I'll be in the bar!

25/11/2017 10:01 pm  #13

As usual!

Board footera