โ€œThe Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fansโ€

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/11/2017 5:38 pm  #1

Lieston 2-0 Terrors

Lost again.... How did we play yesterday?.....Sorry I couldn't be there to support the Bogend... I went to see Sutton Common Rovers beat Walton And Hersham 5-0. SCR looked really good... However Walton looked poor... They had 4 former Tooting players in their side which probably explains why they lost 5-0๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ..... C u Wednesday.

Last edited by Bogend Ant (26/11/2017 5:39 pm)

26/11/2017 9:32 pm  #2

Re: Lieston 2-0 Terrors

Like your wit Ant.
Regarding yesterday I felt we played equally as well as our opponents and not long after the restart for the second half, Dominic crashed a thunderous shot onto the crossbar, had that gone in who knows the final result might have been different, but again a lapse in concentration when defending, cost us dearly.
Another negative concerns our ability to find our players when we get into the last third, our approach work was good but when we close in on goal, our players either do not look to see if somebody else is in a better position, or they shoot wildly missing the target completely.
But I still feel because of the way we are playing things are not as bad as they seem, there are some positives but we must be more clinical in front of goal when the chance permits.

Last edited by alanj (26/11/2017 9:32 pm)

26/11/2017 10:26 pm  #3

This is on Tooting MP Rosena Allin-Khan's twitter page;

https://twitter.com/i/moments/934866803922268165

ย 

27/11/2017 8:45 am  #4

We must improve our grammar Brendan, the word was "Sisley" not sinking, although it does work!

27/11/2017 10:13 am  #5

I can be accused of being too positive, looking at things through rose tinted specs etc.
Yes, I know, what sort of attitude is that to have in life eh.
However I believe the majority of zebra clad who attended the game agreed that we not only matched them but dominated the game for lengthy periods.
(And that without Omar, Callum and Jeuven)

It would be wrong of me to suggest the lads created a mass of good chances. I agree with Alan that the final ball often left a bit t9 be desired. But it was hugely unfortunate that their first goal, coming from a misjudgement while playing the ball out of defence, came at the end of probably our strongest period when we had them under real and sustained pressure.
And had that chance from Dom gone in.........
Well that is perhaps how things go when you are bottom 5 and not top 5. (Opps, there I go again)

Plenty to be positive about and solid displays from the two youngsters given their chance.

27/11/2017 10:51 am  #6

Negative again Bondy!
Why not write something for people to moan about.

Board footera