“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/11/2017 2:01 pm  #1

Aaron Goode

Has been released by Kingstonian

30/11/2017 3:22 pm  #2

Re: Aaron Goode

'Cos they got Kevin Maclaren from us ??  - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

30/11/2017 4:07 pm  #3

DeePee wrote:

'Cos they got Kevin Maclaren from us ??  - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !  

Just hoping that's a wind up, DeePee!!! 😡😡😡

Last edited by Fretters the Second (30/11/2017 4:11 pm)

30/11/2017 4:12 pm  #4

What’s this?Merson gone?maclaren gone as well?cant be true.

30/11/2017 4:51 pm  #5

Unofficially - According to Frank 'till 'Official TMUFC' breaks the news officially !! :
Merson on loan at Whyteleafe.
Maclaren gone to Kingstonian.
Adebowale released.
Cunningham going back to Scotland.
Dunn released.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

30/11/2017 5:02 pm  #6

Ok thanks.well we really need some midfielders now.Help!!

30/11/2017 5:18 pm  #7

Five out, but none in?????

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

30/11/2017 5:24 pm  #8

Well, apart from McLaren, the others have sort of drifted out of the 1st XI picture.  Hopefully that will free up a bit of money.  But unless we bring in players that are going to force their way into the starting line up it will be a bit of a waste of time.

I wonder how much we will rely on the U23s from now on?  Obviously DMG has proved to be 1st team material, but its quite a big ask for a youngster to become a 1st teamer overnight.

With a bit of luck, the new coach will bring 1 or 2 quality players with him.

As for centre midfield we still have DMG, O'Neill and Dines, but I don't think that's enough cover for a league campaign. There will be injuries and suspensions in that area so you need decent back up.

30/11/2017 5:48 pm  #9

Officially confirmed on the Facebook page! Time for the U23's to step up

30/11/2017 6:13 pm  #10

Goode would be a good signing (mind the pun), if available.

30/11/2017 9:43 pm  #11

I did not feel he done enough at our place this season to warrant an approach, but he was certainly a very good player both for us and "K`s"

01/12/2017 10:39 am  #12

alanj wrote:

I did not feel he done enough at our place this season to warrant an approach, but he was certainly a very good player both for us and "K`s"

One game/performance doesn't change a players general quality (and form)

He would be a great addition. We need some reinforcement now. Losing Kevin was a shame and Aaron can play centre back, right back and central midfield. 

01/12/2017 2:53 pm  #13

Understand where you are coming from dac123, but if you read the "K`s" web site the supporter`s feel he is not such an important loss, and he was much happier playing in the middle than at full back, fortunately for us, even with the loss of Kevin, as great as that is, I would suggest a natural full back is a greater requirement and I would much rather see a younger experienced person filling our gap.

01/12/2017 8:04 pm  #14

As silky as Aaron looked I got the impression from him that he is not fully fit at the moment.
And we all know Frank is happier with his team playing an energetic pressing game.

Even with Jordan and Ollie released a few weeks ago the squad looked on the large side once players returned from injury/suspension.
Sad as it is to see players go some of those released would surely have been on the higher salary scale.
And that will release funds for Frank to bring in some quality to plug any gaps.
Don’t forget Callum and Jeuven are still out and Dan has been unwell.

01/12/2017 10:03 pm  #15

Glass half full Bondy!
Like it.
"Always look  on the bright side of life"

01/12/2017 10:52 pm  #16

Interestingly I saw Jordan Wilson playing against Corinthian casuals? Does that mean he is back with us from a first team perspective?

Maybe im losing track but sure he left then joined then left (again) now has joined (again) ?

Maybe I’m exaggerating and he’s only left once. Just curious

Last edited by dac123 (01/12/2017 10:52 pm)

02/12/2017 1:21 pm  #17

He has been playing for the Under 23's

03/12/2017 4:21 pm  #18

If we put Callam and Flegg together then we will be OK at Centre Back.... Left back we are fine with Wedgie but as I said in the other thread we need a right back NOW! We need more backup in midfield but up front I think we're ok at the moment. If we're loosing players we need to bring players in but I don't think that's gonna happen..

03/12/2017 5:45 pm  #19

Also heard from a reliable source that we have apparently put in approaches for 2 Corinthian Casuals players, the source is a player that has left Casuals and still stays in touch with a few of the players and I work with him. Even thou he couldn't give me the names of them but one of them is a striker and the other is a midfielder the latter rejected a national league south team

I was lost but now im found

08/12/2017 8:18 pm  #20

Goode has signed for Met Police

Board footera