“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/12/2017 8:59 am  #1

Enfield Town

Won't be there to cheer on the lads today as I don't finish work until 1500 today. So good luck to all today and would also like to take this opportunity to wish all Bog Enders a very Merry Christmas and see you all on Boxing Day.

23/12/2017 9:07 am  #2

Re: Enfield Town

I haven't seen us win a game this season.  Hopefully that will change this afternoon. An early Christmas present please Frank.

23/12/2017 11:22 am  #3

I’m also sadly missing the game today and Dullwits on Boxing Day.
Just paid £6.70 to enter Wales!  Tried to explain that we only wanted to stay for a few days, not buy the country, but got no joy.
Merry Xmas to all the zebra clad and will be eagerly looking out for some more points.

23/12/2017 3:00 pm  #4

3 points again today please....Christmas wishes from the Supporters Club Riga Branch (temporarily exiled in deepest dampest Devon).

23/12/2017 8:16 pm  #5

Fantastic effort and performance today from the players and a good turnout from the Bog End just a few days before Xmas. Had to, had to, be a foul on Matty for Enfield's equaliser surely ? Superb rendition of ' Tooting belongs to me ' in the second half  from the ranks behind the goal in the second half ( well sung fellas ). Also some funny songs about Enfield's err portly ( I'm being generous) number 5 (fat fucker) good day out all in all. Thought we deserved all three points to be fair.

23/12/2017 9:41 pm  #6

After being under pressure for the first twenty minutes, understandably considering we were playing a team with an unbeaten home record, but not overwhelmed, we started to get in to the game and could/should have gone in at half time two to the good but Omar just was unable to get any kind of contact on to a ball which was fizzed into the box from the left wing.
Second half was very similar to the first initially, but we were quite happy to soak up the pressure then hit them on the break, this nearly worked on a couple of occasions when both Dickov and Clements were put through but just were unable to be more clinical in front of goal.
All in all whilst a point was acceptable, three would have been more justified as the fighting spirit and will to win was evident for us all to see, well done to the team for all the effort.
A nice gesture at the end was the backroom staff of Enfield going around the team to congratulate them.
After suffering a journey that had commenced at 11.00am and did not see me arrive at the ground until 2.30pm spitting feathers, and I only live in Ewell,  the performance made it all worth while.
Once again I came away from an away game convinced in the knowledge that the team usually play better away from Imperial Fields, and this season is no exception.
What an end to a day!

24/12/2017 9:19 am  #7

Well I still haven't seen us get three points this season but I came away from Enfield very much encouraged with our performance.
After the first 15 minutes where the hosts had all the ball but didn't really threaten our goal, we put together some impressive attacking play for the remainder of the half and probably should have gone in at half time with more than just the one goal lead.
The second half saw us concede more and more possession to Enfield, but we looked very dangerous on the break and their keeper was by far the more busier of the two. More clinical finishing would have seen us wrap the game up earlier, but the longer it stayed at one nil there was a sense of inevitability about their scrappy equaliser which duly came with 5 minutes to go.
There wasn't too much disappointment amongst the faithfull after the game, Most would have taken a point at three oclock and hopefully we now go into a very difficault Boxing Day game with improved confidence.

24/12/2017 5:41 pm  #8

WANTED - a match report from the Enfield match in time for the Merstham programme.
If you can throw one together up to our usual standards in time for Wednesday morning (28th December?) please send it to tmuprogramme@gmail.com ASAP.
Thanks in anticipation.
The Editor - "The Terror" T&MU FC Matchday programme.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

24/12/2017 8:55 pm  #9

DeePee

Sent you a PM on match report.

25/12/2017 11:53 am  #10

Seen and responded. Thanks Mike.

25/12/2017 11:54 am  #11

Match report sorted everyone.
Happy Christmas to you all.

Board footera