“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/12/2017 5:41 pm  #1

Terrors 1-3 Peckham Hipsters

Fair enough.  Outplayed at the back, they were too good on the break and just bigger and quicker all round.   Scoreline possibly flattered us.   But there was a ten minute period where the comeback looked on and they were rocking a bit. 

But what a game Isiah Jones had.  Not overawed and responsible for most of our best play.  I didn’t stay to hear who Boggie gave the MoM to, but I hope it was him.

26/12/2017 9:57 pm  #2

Re: Terrors 1-3 Peckham Hipsters

Sorry Mr.Saydie but I gave it to Wedgie on account of how I thought he made hardly any mistakes but mainly because he and his Dad support Chelsea. True, Isiah was good and saw a lot of the ball but not much delivery into the dangerous areas, partly due to the fact he got kicked up into the air
any time he got the chance.

26/12/2017 11:19 pm  #3

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Sorry Mr.Saydie but I gave it to Wedgie on account of how I thought he made hardly any mistakes but mainly because he and his Dad support Chelsea. True, Isiah was good and saw a lot of the ball but not much delivery into the dangerous areas, partly due to the fact he got kicked up into the air
any time he got the chance.

Isiah got kicked about countless times and the ref done nothing, but as soon as he penalised him for an innocuous looking foul at the other end, the ref couldn't wait to dish out a yellow card. And towards the end of the game, the Dullwits goalie, Mr Edwards had the temerity to turn around, walk towards the Bog End Army to tell us that he thought Isiah had been diving all game.

No complaints from me about the result however. They were better, bigger and stronger than us and were well worth the win. Need to knuckle down on Saturday and get three points. It's getting rather congested down there now, especially with a much improved Worthing beating second bottom Burgess Hill.

Last edited by Fretters the Second (27/12/2017 12:01 am)

27/12/2017 8:13 am  #4

We were thoroughly outplayed by a team with a game plan which they stuck to.  We had our chances in the first half which we failed to put away which might have changed the direction of the game, though I doubt that Dulwich would have changed their tactics.  Also in the first half: how their Number 4 got away with a horror chanllenge still baffles me.

We had the pleasure of Nigel Webb's company and comment yesterday.  Lovely to see one of our legendary prolific goal scorers at the match.

27/12/2017 9:54 am  #5

No complaints about the result as are defence is a shambles... I thought we were the better team in the second half and attacking wise we were great.. Jones was unbelievable

I don't know what to say about the second goal... It was the most stupid pass I've ever seen in 6 years supporting this club...

At least the players never gave up

The deluded Dulwich hipsters thought our keeper was bad... If it wernt for him the club going bust would be 5-0 up at half time.. In the second half I saw portulete cakes dumped on the floor by Dulwich hippies in the first half... Who the f*ck takes posh cakes to football?

Dulwits keeper was deluded and a time wasting twat

About our fans.. We ousung Dulwich at 3-1 down and I couldn't hear any noise from the hippies at all.. Apparently it's a carnival atmosphere at dog dirt hill but even on bank holiday Monday... I couldn't hear any noise from them

Last edited by Bogend Ant (27/12/2017 10:02 am)

27/12/2017 10:54 am  #6

I don't really get the constant jibes at Dulwich like above. I get that their our rivals and all that...but just makes us look a bit silly given where they are and where we are. Alas, each to their own.

At the end of the day they're a good club with a solid fanbase and if it wasn't for Billericay and their cash, would probably be getting automatic this season.

As for the game, I think we made a mistake starting Callum at centre back and moving Flegg out to right back. For those who went to Enfield away, Flegg and Rowe played very well together at the back and it was only really a mistake/drop from Matte Pierson that game that meant we conceded. Against the obvious pace of Reis Allasani and Nyren Clunis up front for Dulwich, I think Callum was going to get caught out. And we did, time and time again. I guess that's why Frank changed it at half time but the game was up by then. Maybe Frank's hand was forced by having no Eddie Dines in the squad? And where was Dan Clements yesterday? Always one of our most dangerous players.

I think the Official TMUFC webpage on facebook does a great job of letting us know who is in the squad for the game, but i would absolutely love it if they could just shine a little bit more light on why players aren't in the squad. For example - no Eddie and no Dan yesterday, would be great to just get a sentence on why (injury/holidays/etc) just to keep us fans informed.

An awful pass by Chace, obviously a mistake, but that effectively killed the game within 18 minutes. I think Dulwich took their foot off the gas at 2-0....given they have Billericay in a couple of days and then Kingstonian on New Year's Day.

Despite kicking ourselves in the foot countless times, I thought we played with a reasonable amount of heart and determination, but they're just a much better team than us...and the league table obviously proves that.

Tough game Sat vs Merstham. They've just signed Matt Drage too...great centre back who was unluckly to leave Dulwich in the close season.

Last edited by dac123 (27/12/2017 10:54 am)

27/12/2017 11:18 am  #7

.......Frank changed it at half time.....
Absolutely correct Mr dac123, exactly what Frank said after the game.
.......no Eddie and no Dan yesterday, would be great to just get a sentence on why (injury/holidays/etc) just to keep us fans informed.......
Apparently both were unavailable due to family commitments oop t'North (and neither will they be on Saturday v Merstham)   

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

27/12/2017 11:44 am  #8

Good posts people.When I saw squad I thought no Eddie and Dan,why? I said to Paul maybe Christmas commitments.As for game,I was afraid at 3-0 that it could be embarrassing.But no our heads didn’t drop and we kept plugging away.Right from the start you could see that Dulwich were a class above us,but they are an experienced top team.I think when our lot shout we hate Dulwich,it’s just envy really.we should aim to be more like them,but it’s never going to happen.Sorry to hear that Danny and Eddie won’t be available the weekend.It means Frank doesn’t have many choices,but hey that’s non league football.

27/12/2017 9:23 pm  #9

I honestly don't get why some of you don't get why we hate them, I don't get it. Envy ? They sing "We hate Tooting and Mitcham" are they envious of us ??? It's a hatred born out of local rivalry, I've hated them for about 40 years and probably will til my dying day. There wasn't anything to be envious of when I started hating them. If you 'don't get' rivalry, go and watch Rugby or Cricket....Get it ?

27/12/2017 9:56 pm  #10

Couldn't you find a picture of Mr. Envious ? He'll be green  obviously.

27/12/2017 10:40 pm  #11

I'll create him ! A green man with a black and white scarf and a pink and blue rosette !

For the record, my dislike turned into hatred after a game at Sandy Lane when I was walking past a group of Dulwits singing " My old man said be a Tooting fan, I said.,..." The rest contains too many expletives to write on here, I think Dulwit's most celebrated fan Mishi was leading the singing (perhaps he was envious of us) if you know anything about football rivalry you'll know the rest of the chant but if you've only been going to football for 5 minutes (not mentioning any names) perhaps you won't (I'll enlighten you on Saturday). To this day I wish I'd turned round and splattered his nose all over his fat face.

All together now..... " We envy Dulwich, we envy Dulwich"

28/12/2017 12:54 am  #12

Any upset due to no vegan burgers/würst being available or halloumi? Or did they bring their own?

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (28/12/2017 1:00 am)

28/12/2017 8:30 am  #13

Just visit their forum to find out what some of them think of us......

28/12/2017 10:23 am  #14

At the end of the day it’s 3 points.we didn’t get any.If Eddie and Danny are missing again Saturday,it makes Franks job a lot harder.We had a couple of knocks in last game in Dom and Jones ,if they are are not fit we are in trouble.4 hard games over Christmas ,need to win one.point at Enfield is good,now can we Saturday or get anything at leatherhead?Or will we be under 2 foot of snow?
Clive

28/12/2017 10:34 am  #15

I've only been supporting Tooting for 6 years now.. But when did this rivalry start? Was it because of that fat twat or just local rivalry... Because some of our fans class it as dulwits, some class it as scumton and some class it as Wimbldon. Who do you class as our main rivals

Last edited by Bogend Ant (28/12/2017 10:43 am)

28/12/2017 10:42 am  #16

Also what I didn't get about the dulwits fans was why they were leaving 5 minutes before the end when they were 3-1 up

28/12/2017 10:54 am  #17

Why was such a poor crowd? I was expecting about a thousand.

28/12/2017 12:55 pm  #18

Bogend Ant wrote:

I've only been supporting Tooting for 6 years now.. But when did this rivalry start? Was it because of that fat twat or just local rivalry... Because some of our fans class it as dulwits, some class it as scumton and some class it as Wimbldon. Who do you class as our main rivals

Sutton, Sutton and only Sutton.

28/12/2017 9:42 pm  #19

Dulwich, and only them.

28/12/2017 11:54 pm  #20

West Ham - Tottenham - Luton Town - Ipswich - Middlesbro - MK Dons - Man United - Barcelona -  Tottenham Reserves - Rangers - Celtic - Anyone Gary Liniker has played for - Palace - Chelsea - PSG - Galatasary - Newcastle - East Enders celeb IX 1997 - 98 season - Real Madrid - Tottenham Ladies - Anyone who Alan Brazil played for - Birmingham City - Thames Ironworks - Peaky Blinders - Brazil and Dulwich

29/12/2017 12:42 am  #21

Oh alright then, if we're going down that route, Crystal Palace, Arsenal, Spurs, Roma, Fleetwood, Wimbledon, Dulwich, Aberdeen, England, West Ham, Millwall, South Park, Liverpool, Arbroath, Roma, Celtic, Inter Milan,  but not in that order....apart from the first 3.

29/12/2017 1:04 am  #22

Oh cobblers! I forgot Leeds. And while I'm at it, Hartlepool and Tilbury.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (29/12/2017 1:05 am)

29/12/2017 10:06 am  #23

Is there any rivalry with Stretham Rovers😃😃😃

Spurs Spurs u23 Spurs u18 Spurs ladies Dulwich Dulwich u23 Dulwich u18 Aspire Academy ( who Dulwich manager works for) Stretham Rovers Dynamo Catford 😃😃😃

29/12/2017 7:32 pm  #24

Bog End Ultra wrote:

29/12/2017 8:22 pm  #25

Neversaydie wrote:

Bog End Ultra wrote:

What ??? You can't be from Tilbury, you can read and write !

Board footera