“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/12/2017 6:24 pm  #1

Terrors 3-1 Merstham

I felt like this was a pretty excellent performance from front to back. We took the lead early on after Dixon was sent into the box by Jones. However we were soon pegged back after a cross from their number 9 was headed in at the back post. Their number 9 was dangerous in the first half but thankfully seemed to run out of steam going into the second half. Throughout we pressed well and as a team, Chace in the number 10 role looked far more effective, combining high work-rate with his quality on the ball.

Merstham started to control much more of the play in the second half as we looked to damage them on the counter. It was the introduction of Clements in place of Dixon, which brought the breakthrough. Danny Bassett showed great strength on the half way line and was quicker to the ball, allowing him to thread in Clements, who finished confidently. Still holding resolute in defence, Morgan-Griffiths fired into the corner from the edge of the box following a free kick.

Overall an excellent win, the energy up front and midfield gave the back four far more cover than they had against Dulwich. Special mention to Tope Fadahunsi, who had an excellent game on the right hand side - showing calmness beyond his years.

Last edited by Laf Terror (30/12/2017 6:25 pm)

30/12/2017 7:14 pm  #2

Re: Terrors 3-1 Merstham

Sounds like a solid performance. And good to see Dan Clements in the goals again. Well done all.

30/12/2017 9:42 pm  #3

Sono d'accordo(I agree), as they say in Salerno, good assessment of the game Laf (whoever you may be) must say I enjoyed that. Toots won, Chelsea won, Partick Thistle won, you can't beat Saturdays like this !!!! Come on Lazio make my weekend complete.

31/12/2017 8:57 am  #4

Very good team performance.Front to back played great.Mr Jones is looking the part now.He always had pace but was too easily shrugged off the ball,but not now.And Ollie looks a more confident player.Went home a happy man,shame Paul missed it.
Clive

31/12/2017 11:05 am  #5

For me Tope was Man of the match... What a goal by Dom....

31/12/2017 11:38 am  #6

I thought Dominic MG was excellent - worked hard and was always trying to win the ball. Merstham could have scored in the first few minutes and looked very threatening but the way we passed around and took then on was great to see. Three really good goals.

31/12/2017 11:40 pm  #7

That has to be the best game I have seen for a while. The team looked good, three super goals and eventhough I was nervous to the end the defence held. A very enjoyable game and a deserved three points.
A question to the top brass, have you considered a just giving page. I try to get to as many games as I can each season,  but it is usually about a dozen at the most. If we do particularly good and I miss  it like the Thurrock game,  I may be willing to donate the attendance fee and hopefully others will follow suit raising some much needed funds, just a thought.

01/1/2018 1:02 am  #8

Don't hold your breath mate !

01/1/2018 9:44 am  #9

I would respectfully suggest, Routemaster, possibly a talk with Hackbridge Harry might prove useful as he seems to be one of the people who might be of help.

Board footera