“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2018 10:11 pm  #1

CALLUM McNAUGHTON

Were any other supporters aware that he had left the club, a week ago! and I do not think it was about money either.
Like Kevin before him, I felt he was a player we could  ill afford to lose.
If the club have any intentions of replacing him, how many good defenders would wish to join our club with our poor defensive record, our goals against would not look good on any ones CD.  

01/1/2018 11:25 pm  #2

Re: CALLUM McNAUGHTON

Apparently he threw his toys out of his pram after being subbed last week. I don't think we're desperate enough to get him to come back (not yet anyway)

02/1/2018 4:22 pm  #3

I think he had a distinct lack of pace and that showed against Dulwich.

I guess one thing is for sure...we’ll need cover with only Sam and Quincy left. Both of whom are good defenders that should start for us.

02/1/2018 6:10 pm  #4

He's had a couple of good games- notably away at Tonbridge.

But if someone is going to make that sort of fuss over being subbed then it's not ideal for team spirit.

Group unity and respect for each other is more important than one good player.

02/1/2018 10:12 pm  #5

Could not agree more, in this day and age football is a squad game and if you are not prepared to accept that then there can only be one winner, and it will not be the player.
Shame though.

03/1/2018 2:56 pm  #6

I remember Jordon Clark walking out after being subbed of in a Pre Season friendly.... If players are gonna act like that I wouldn't want them in my team... Good luck to him though

Board footera