“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2018 11:31 pm  #1

Harlow

Looks like it's rail replacement i.e bus, from Cheshunt to Harlow (50 odd minutes) for those thinking of going by rail.

02/1/2018 2:38 pm  #2

Re: Harlow

That's a bit of a pisser..........Now who can I ponce a lift off ?scratch, scratch.

06/1/2018 12:48 am  #3

Not going.
No trains from Mitcham Junction AGAIN this weekend and whilst getting in to London is the easy bit leaving at 11.30 is ridiculous.   It is only Harlow in Essex, not half way up the country.

Last edited by Bondy (06/1/2018 12:49 am)

06/1/2018 8:57 am  #4

I'm going to Woucster Park instead today (donno who there playing)

06/1/2018 5:09 pm  #5

We're up Sh*t creak now. Let us hope that we do not also lose the paddle.

Last edited by evthedog (06/1/2018 5:18 pm)

06/1/2018 5:24 pm  #6

I let out an almighty roar at work at South Wimbledon when we equalised. But that was followed by an almighty deluge of expletives when we did our customary thing of conceding stoppage time goal to lose. I so want to be positive, but we really are in a pickle now and even I am getting rather worried. We're still 4 points ahead of Burgess Hill at the bottom, but they have a stack of games in hand.

Feeling very deflated at the moment ☹️☹️☹️

It's all part of being a Tooting fan!!!!

06/1/2018 5:41 pm  #7

Well in the sh*t now.... Anyone who still thinks that we will be ok because only one club is going down from this division needs to wake up and smell the coffee... There is a very good chance that the one team going down will be us.

06/1/2018 6:20 pm  #8

Kind of glad I weren't there today. Mount Fretters would have erupted with rage. And that's before getting on the poxy rail replacement bus.

Goodness only knows how fellow bogender Simon would have dealt with it!!

06/1/2018 6:24 pm  #9

I agree was at leatherhead game and Dulwich before that and this team is just not consistent or good enough. It's another story of 3 major points now given to another team in the dog fight. We badly need some season fit prem players  into this team. We have great prospects for the future but can't put it all on them and shatter there confidence at such young age.

06/1/2018 9:10 pm  #10

This was a far more disappointing result and performance than even that of last week at AFC Fetcham Grove !! 
Then we were just plain awful and deserved nothing, today we were by far the better team but couldn't have scored in the proverbial house of ill repute ! Even Chase seemed shocked when he actually got the ball into the back of their net ! We outplayed them and let two stupid goals in, the last one being a complete and utter sucker punch in the last seconds of the added on time - Unforgivable !! I am a tad pi$$ed off with all of that......... and they had no proper beer on in their clubhouse just that creamflow IPA stuff and an ice cold fizzy East Coast IPA - disappointing. 

Last edited by DeePee (06/1/2018 9:11 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/1/2018 9:21 pm  #11

Missing our top two league goal scorers today (Mike Dixon and Dan Clements). Any news about their injuries as they have monopolised recent scoring and we need their cutting edge?

06/1/2018 9:25 pm  #12

DeePee wrote:

This was a far more disappointing result and performance than even that of last week at AFC Fetcham Grove !! 
Then we were just plain awful and deserved nothing, today we were by far the better team but couldn't have scored in the proverbial house of ill repute ! Even Chase seemed shocked when he actually got the ball into the back of their net ! We outplayed them and let two stupid goals in, the last one being a complete and utter sucker punch in the last seconds of the added on time - Unforgivable !! I am a tad pi$$ed off with all of that......... and they had no proper beer on in their clubhouse just that creamflow IPA stuff and an ice cold fizzy East Coast IPA - disappointing. 

Not that god awful Worthingtons Creamflow by any chance, DeePee??? A beer that actually manages to achieve the impossible by actually being worse than John Smiths Extra Smooth!!!! Beers like those two and Greene King IPA should be banished from our pubs. I'd rather drink fizzy chemicals or dishwater than drink that rubbish.

06/1/2018 9:51 pm  #13

Sounds like a poor day at the office today lads. Unfortunately, or fortunately having read the aforementioned, I was detained in my sick bed and had to cry off this morning.
Have to say this was a most important game that we really should have got at least a point from, but ,clutching at straws, there are still plenty of points to play for, got the plod next week, they should supply three easy points.
What!

06/1/2018 10:17 pm  #14

Unfortunately due to my shifts, my next game looks like being the Billericay home game on the 27th. Really hoping we have a few more points in the bag by then.

06/1/2018 10:22 pm  #15

Pseudo football played on a  3G pitch which really impacted an accurate strike on the ball, this is a completely different game on these diabolical surfaces .   Only about 25 Terror fans attended and the 8 bog end contingent de-camped to  the covered sideline terracing when the  awful weather conditions closed in. But the  Bog enders led by their leader Tim were a credit for the vociferous support of the team throughout the match.

The Terrors fans were left totally dumbstruck at the end of the game after losing and  playing the poorest team in the league by miles,  who would not do any credit to Bostik North.  Tooting should have put the game out of sight by half  time when numerous chances had  been wasted. and Harlow had not really threatened to  do anything.  The Half time interval was spent contemplating what might happen, and it sure did!

The Tooting score should have realistically scored 5/6 goals at the end of the game, and the Terrors  had at least 70% of the game. 15 minutes from the end disaster struck, Harlow scored  a very scrappy goal, then Tooting equalised with 5 minutes to  go when Chace struck an angled shot past the helpless  keeper.  I really thought with 5 minutes to go Tooting would win.  Instead Tooting exposed at t he back  let Harlow score with their only real quality move  ( As testified by some Harlow fans behind me) of the game to take the  lead.  Tooting Kicked off again, and the whistle immediately went to end the game.

Tooting Totally dominated the game, and I overheard a Harlow fan comment that Terrors had been robbed. But if you can't score with the unbelievable chances they had,  and continue to  be the worse defence in the League the score still remains 2-1 to Harlow. Clearly Jake Baxter is currently not up to  scratch at this level and he should have been hauled off at half time after a very indifferent display and not after Harlow had taken the lead.  With so many opportunities on offer  and numerous  chances wasted we need to  urgently redefine our attacking options. Again corners wasted,  crosses being over hit, relieves the pressure on the opposition after all the hardwork achieved.

Where were the bog end fans today for this huge crucial game. A big well done to  one Mitcham located fan who left home at 9.30 today to  ensure he got to Harlow in time despite of the travel difficulties. He has my complete sympathies as I have to  suffer this for every home and away game.

The outlook is really bleak at the moment, the next three games could create a huge problem. Met Police at Home, Margate away and Billericay at home. Let's hope that miracles do happen.

Last edited by Mikem (07/1/2018 1:17 pm)

07/1/2018 11:54 am  #16

Luckily I wasn't there... I think that one team going down will be us... I don't think we are good enough for the Bostik prem

07/1/2018 8:06 pm  #17

There's a long way to go so folks should just hold their horses on the "we are going down" view this early on. There will be many more twists and turns this season. 

However, yesterday was undoutedbly a big blow for us and almost unforgiveable. We played well and dominated the game. So much so that a few Harlow fans said they "couldn't believe we've gone ahead" (at 1-0) and then "well that's the least you deserve" (at 1-1), only for us to go and concede again whereby the group near me said "well that's a huge smash and grab there".

This of course won't be salve to our wounds, but to say we were dominant in that game would be an understatement. Too often our final ball/shot was nowhere near good enough, and ultimately that let us down. We hit the crossbar twice in the first half and tested their keeper more than a few times. 

The new right back looked composed and assured, and also brings some much needed height and physical presence to the back four. He had a good game all things considered. 

We desperately missed Mike Dixon (bench, presumably recovering) and Dan Clements (injured). I think it's about time Juevan Spencer gets a start at right/left wing, looks so dangerous when he comes on and i'm not sure Danny Bassett is doing enough to be starting (as good as i think he can be on his day). 

Sadly I don't think Jake Baxter is the answer. Lovely bloke, good finisher, but probably not good enough for this level. Omar gave his all and worked hard, but Jake was ineffectual.

We've got a squad good enough to stay up when you add back in a few of the absentees (Mike, Dan, Eddie, DMG) etc, but just not a good enough side if any/all of those players are missing. 

07/1/2018 9:21 pm  #18

Well I for one am very worried.... We have played well in many games and can be rightly classed as been unlucky in quite a few.... But.... That doesn't take away the fact we have been ill prepared for this division. Our resent form has been awful dropping points and losing games to teams we need to take points from. How many goals given away in the last few minutes or injury time.
My personal view is that too many seem to think that we will be ok because only one team will go down and that we are to good or to big a club to get relegated.
Every league game and I do mean every game we need to get points from.
After about six games we all knew that this would be a battle and that there would be a few clubs who are light years ahead of us. I hate being so negative but I really think that we are in big trouble and our form proves this.
Yes... A couple of wins and we may start to believe that things will be ok... But when, where and against who will this happen... That should worry everyone.

08/1/2018 5:15 am  #19

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

Well I for one am very worried.... We have played well in many games and can be rightly classed as been unlucky in quite a few.... But.... That doesn't take away the fact we have been ill prepared for this division. Our resent form has been awful dropping points and losing games to teams we need to take points from. How many goals given away in the last few minutes or injury time.
My personal view is that too many seem to think that we will be ok because only one team will go down and that we are to good or to big a club to get relegated.
Every league game and I do mean every game we need to get points from.
After about six games we all knew that this would be a battle and that there would be a few clubs who are light years ahead of us. I hate being so negative but I really think that we are in big trouble and our form proves this.
Yes... A couple of wins and we may start to believe that things will be ok... But when, where and against who will this happen... That should worry everyone.

Most of what is written above is, in a nutshell, is the difference between a good Division One South side and a Premier Division side.

Board footera