“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/1/2018 10:23 pm  #1

SURREY SENIOR CUP

I have just noticed on T&MUFC official site we played Chipstead this evening and unfortunately lost 3 - 2.
But why was this not made more public so as to allow supporters to attend.
I look on all the sites at various times of the day, everyday and saw no mention of it at all.
Who knows a few voices of support might have made a difference.
I get the impression regarding the team selection this was not a competition Frank had any interest in, personally I do not agree, a win tonight might just kick start our season, as well as the possibility of a trophy.

09/1/2018 10:39 pm  #2

Re: SURREY SENIOR CUP

That's why no one watches fa cup anymore. You're paying money to watch the reserve's.
I noticed Frank tweeted a moan about premier league teams doing it last week,and he does exactly the same thing tonight.

09/1/2018 10:51 pm  #3

I understand the need for sometimes to manage your resources, but to not give supporters the opportunity to see a game is unforgiveable.

10/1/2018 10:37 am  #4

Oh dear Alan. Not sure why you missed this one.
As you know I get castigated by DeePee for only occasionally buying a programme but this match has been on my 2018 calendar for some time. And the crowd of 77 was at least half the usual suspects from the zebra clad faithful - if not higher.

Yes, apart from game time for Jake, Ollie and the returning SPB it was our U23 side.
That will allow Frank two full training sessions with the 1st team squad this week ahead of some crucial matches.
More useful ‘Men against Boys’ experience for our youngsters too.
Personally, I thought it was very noticeable how much Tope has benefitted from his recent games in the 1st team.

A few struggled at times with the step up and possession was given away a bit carelessly on occasions but they grew in to the game and by the then end were flying in to challenges.

I agree it is a shame we have not gone on in the competition but it is a juggling of priorities.

Last edited by Bondy (10/1/2018 10:38 am)

10/1/2018 11:13 am  #5

I have to say Bondy I must have missed that one, but that does  not account for the fact that you would have thought the "official" site would have made a mention of it.
Just re-checked my programme for Merstham and I could not see any mention of this game, that is not a criticism by the way DeePee, I am just miffed that the game was so poorly mentioned by the club.
As I stated on my earlier posting, I fully understand the need to manage our resources, especially in our current position, but asking some more of the first team players to play two times this week might have proved advantageous for this coming Saturday.
Could not agree more regarding Topi, another possible find for the future, he certainly does not appear to be phased by the step up.

10/1/2018 1:20 pm  #6

I lost interest in all cup competions years ago, I might do a bit of gloryhunting if we get an interesting FA Cup draw or if we get to a cup final, but that is all. What is the point of entering any competion, in any sport, if the opposition are not doing their best to win?

10/1/2018 2:17 pm  #7

I know what you mean Andy, but personally I have a great affection for cup games, especially as they are a shorter way to success.
League and cup would be nice as well

10/1/2018 4:01 pm  #8

But why was this not made more public so as to allow supporters to attend.
Someone hasn't been reading their programme properly have they Al ?? 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

10/1/2018 4:03 pm  #9

I noticed Frank tweeted a moan about premier league teams doing it last week,and he does exactly the same thing tonight.
​Frank made it absolutely clear earlier in the season that the U23's would feature in the Surrey Cup whilst the 1st team would concentrate on the League and London Cup.

10/1/2018 4:06 pm  #10

Just re-checked my programme for Merstham and I could not see any mention of this game,
Pages 12 & 15 Al !! - That's TWO beers you owe me.  

10/1/2018 9:59 pm  #11

Be glad when I get my new glasses
Apologies DeePee just noticed it at the bottom of the home and away squad sponsors.
Words such as blind and bat, spring to mind.
59er do you mean the ones listed by Roger Ramone ? as I never noticed it and I look several times a day.

10/1/2018 10:54 pm  #12

Bugger. Still won't pay full entrance fee to see reserve's play. Sorry if that's wrong of me.

11/1/2018 10:29 am  #13

DeePee wrote:

Just re-checked my programme for Merstham and I could not see any mention of this game,
Pages 12 & 15 Al !! - That's TWO beers you owe me.  

Al, if you do buy him 2 beers make sure they're not both on the same afternoon or make sure they're halves cos he gets pi$$ed on 2 pints "Hic, hic"

Board footera