“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/1/2018 3:34 pm  #1

What happens if.......?

What happens if we do not get any points in the month of January? Apart from the obvious position in the league and relegation prospect can Frank and the team find the confidence, luck, skill or whatever you want to call it to lift spirits and turn results around? Apart from the first league home game where we got a draw I have not witnessed any wins this season, only drubbings. Equally I do not wish to be overtly negative and will hold the faith that results will pick up. Has any one got a realistic solution that they are prepared to voice for debate ?

24/1/2018 4:16 am  #2

Re: What happens if.......?

Simple answer but not so straight forward is we pick up as many points as we can and start beating the teams around us. I think we are very lucky one team goes down otherwise i dont see many on here arguing it would be very very hard to stay in this league. That said i think we should aim to win the home games and try and get as many points away as possible. I would hope that a few players would be added but thats all down to availability of players and if they want to join the fight to move out of the position we are in now and of course money thats available. Confidence breads confidence and winning games brings that so lets start with a upset this weekend

Last edited by TPF (24/1/2018 4:21 am)

24/1/2018 1:09 pm  #3

Fair response TPF . To put a cat among the pigeons if we slide further into the abyss of relegation and go down , would Frank stay  for example ? If we stay up could we develop into a competitive team in the division ? Keep the faith !!!

28/1/2018 6:54 am  #4

I ask the question again after the drubbing against Billericay yesterday ?

28/1/2018 10:15 am  #5

You could pick out any number of poor defeats with individual errors and I would have no defence (sic).
However I don't think the 'drubbing' by Bill and Dicky is relevant Steppie.

We might have been on the same playing field but only practically.
We had nobody of the standard or experience of Jamie O'Hara who I thought was excellent and ran the show for them.
And I am sure you could pick out many other examples from their line up.

28/1/2018 11:51 am  #6

Fair comment Bondy although I did check the definition of drubbing in the biller dic tionary !!! Want to keep the faith but unhappy how other results went yesterday !!!

Board footera