“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/1/2018 6:33 pm  #1

Total Humiliation and Embarrassment

After some better performances since the Xmas period, I arrived Imperial Fields yesterday with hope the Terrors would provide Billericay with a competitive game. Yes - we played the best team in the league, Yes - we scored a great goal to take the lead,  Yes - We provided the best move of the whole game - Yes - we created a few extra chances in the second half - Yes - We were totally outplayed- Out paced - Out skilled - Out organised, Out run - out everything, by a team who basically using the match as a training ground kick about.  I felt really sorry for most of the Tooting team as they were really out of their depth, and you can't blame them for this horrendous result. 

Most fans were truly stunned at half time by what they had witnessed.  During the second half the away fans were chanting " We want 10!" that's how awful it really was.  Terror fans were exiting long before the final whistle. Also, as I boarded the Tram home, a Tooting fan in front of me was ranting over his mobile phone to  some poor soul about the game he'd just attended. I thought I was upset, this guy made me feel like I was a monk at a prayer meeting! This was not a game where we get thrashed by a team in mid-week before a few dozen fans, and consider "Water under the bridge." This was a game played at home with a team with dire problems, and in front of the second largest crowd of the season.  Tooting now find themselves with 3 consecutive away games, and having to  win every other game until the end of the season to  have any chance of avoiding the embarrassment of the only team to be relegated this season.

All of this can be traced back to the last game of last  season and probably long before!  We won promotion from the Bostik South  with a team that had relegation stamped all over it.  At the current time  Tooting would struggle to hold their own back in Bostik South. The complete failure to  recruit players at the level required to  compete in Bostik Premier can only stem from, Lack of Interest, Lack of Budget, Lack of Investment, bad or indifferent  management  or total naivety.  Or just a combination of all of these problems, who knows!
Over the last 12 years the constant " Merry go round of managers , players, performances and shafting of dedicated volunteers, has proved the team has been has been built "TO FAIL." 

Go visit all the other clubs in the Bostik league and see how  clubs are run and survive, and have some success, despite lack of budget and  to lack of opportunities of fund raising through lack of facilities. Take a look at Imperial Fields, you have to  ask questions.

Good luck to Billericay,  they certainly deserve  to  be champions, with only 20% of the enthusiasm and cash  their  current owner has provided, the Terrors would be in a more comfortable position and at least  looking at the future with some ambition and putting the team back on the map!

Let's hope the Terrors have not been destroyed confidence wise after this latest performance. They need all the strength they can get holding up the entire league.

PS: DeePee,  Ian, excellent programme yesterday.

Last edited by Mikem (28/1/2018 7:28 pm)

29/1/2018 3:26 pm  #2

Re: Total Humiliation and Embarrassment

Thanks Mike on behalf of us both - good to get some feedback. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

29/1/2018 10:21 pm  #3

Re: Total Humiliation and Embarrassment

I think we can all safely say Mikem! that is one area where we are "Top of the league"

Board footera