“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/1/2018 11:45 pm  #1

Dorking Wanderers 2 Terrors 2

I've always been an advocate of not leaving before the final whistle. But what did I do tonight??

I left a couple of minutes before the end of normal time. Silly Fretters!!!!

I heard a cheer from the ground as I was walking back towards The Stepping Stones. I quickly checked the Vidiprinter to see that we had equalised. I really didn't see that coming. But I also saw that Dorking had fluffed a penalty moments before that.

31/1/2018 6:29 am  #2

Re: Dorking Wanderers 2 Terrors 2

At least we got a point. Hope this gives the team a bit of confidence. Onwards and upwards.

31/1/2018 7:29 am  #3

I was deflated when we went 1-1 as I honestly thought our heads would drop and we’d lose. And that’s the way it went...until we showed some fight at the end to claw back a point. I was elated!!  But perspective is importantly...I didn’t think we played well at all going forward.

Hopefully that is the catalyst we need.

Can someone work with Matte on his kicking? Surely he can be encouraged to take goal kicks that don’t just end up as a throw for the opposition...? Their second goal came straight from one of those moments. It puts pressure straight back on us when we can little afford it.

Having said that Mike Dixon needs to do much better to hold up the ball for us. Thought he was non-effectual last night. Omar did that job better and with Chace on we got runners around him driving forward in the last 10.

Drage injury looked bad the poor lad did his best to be a nuisance for 30 minutes with all subs made. If he’s out for the next game then I worry about our centre back coverage with Sam Flegg away on Work.

Onwards and upwards

31/1/2018 9:07 am  #4

May be that little bit of luck last night will kick start a run of decent results. Luck (along with a lot of other things) has been missing of late so who knows. The result doesn't hide the overall poor performance and what seemed to be a lack of ideas from the management last night.
Great that many of the players came over to the supporters to thank them for the support last night - shows that they do care and appreciate the fans..

31/1/2018 9:26 am  #5

Well what a rollercoaster of a game.I thought we were just the better team in first half.Our final ball was not good enough.What happened in second?we lost shape and composure.Used 3 subs ,then Dragge gets injured and us a passenger.No way back.They miss a penalty,then we scramble an equaliser.I would like to know what happened in second half clearly Frank wasn't happy about it? centre half will be problem Saturday.

31/1/2018 4:08 pm  #6

31/1/2018 5:30 pm  #7

The best part of the evening was their lardy No7 sticking his penalty in the clouds !

31/1/2018 5:42 pm  #8

Oh and how long before somebody leaves that ground and gets run over on the A24 in the pitch black, that's if they haven't already broke their leg in one of the car parks massive sink holes !!!!

31/1/2018 7:33 pm  #9

02/2/2018 9:20 am  #10

Our scorers were Danny Bassett and Ollie Bennett......there has to be a song in there somewhere 

02/2/2018 9:44 am  #11

I think you will struggle buddy as we do not appear to have much to sing about lately 
See you Saturday, assuming the weather does not intervene 

02/2/2018 11:31 am  #12

He scores with his arse...
He scores with his arse....
Ollie Bennett...
He scores with his arse.........

Sorted.

Board footera