“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/2/2018 9:47 pm  #1

ANOTHER POINT

1 - 1 tonight, roll on Saturday.
Five points out of nine from the last three games.
Not wishing to be too optimistic but could Dorking prove to be a turning point in our season?
I see Quincy broke a toe on Saturday, how long is the healing process as we need him to be fit.

06/2/2018 10:09 pm  #2

Re: ANOTHER POINT

Didn’t see that coming, very well done.

07/2/2018 1:12 am  #3

We appear to be a team transformed.
I was dreaming of a point from the away game that might give confidence to then get something from the home game.
And after the hugely impressive performance tonight, with the same level of physical commitment, passion, ability to hold the ball up front and select the right pass at the right time......anything might be possible.

I fully agree with Brasso. We were by far the better team for most of the 1st half and only went behind from a bundled late goal after conceding a needless free kick.
But we came out in the 2nd half and restored our grip on the game, eventually resulting in a well deserved goal from a number of chances.
3 bookings for them reflects the pressure they were put under with Chace, Eddie and Dom hunting for the ball as a unit.
And I agree about Omar. Virtually everything played up to him stuck. And he won many aerial challenges.

Their performance was all the more impressive given the energy sapping effort in the mud on Saturday.
Well done lads.

07/2/2018 7:28 am  #4

Great continued confidence building result. Well done. Onwards and upwards.

07/2/2018 11:45 am  #5

We were honestly superb last night. Much the better team, and genuinely controlled the game.  

I thought the midfield three of Chace Dom and Eddie worked absolutely tirelessly and gave the opposition little time on the ball whenever they did get it. 

Our youngsters in Tope, Dom and Isiah go from strength to strength each game and it should be commended how much they are adding to our relegation fight. Granted it would be great to not have to rely on youngsters as much and have a couple more experienced heads, but given the situation we are in, the graft and commitment they (and the rest of the team) are showing is outstanding. 

07/2/2018 1:30 pm  #6

Things seem a trifle rosier 

07/2/2018 4:26 pm  #7

Trifle 😂😂😂😂

07/2/2018 4:37 pm  #8

The Wingate pitch was in superb condition last night, despite all the recent atrocious bad weather conditions. The pitch was  rolled flat and firm, grass cut short, and not a bare patch anywhere, which produced  excellent conditions to play football. Congratulations to the Wingate grounds man. The floodlights however were awful and on a par with Leatherhead's.  Tooting played in their striped shirts (very visible)but shorts and socks were the Cadbury milk tray edition. Not sure if the Terrors, were made to  change as Wingate play in black shorts and socks, and their shirts were various colours of blue,  but look like dark blue from a distance.  Their goalkeeper played in Black shorts and socks with a black dark blue/black  goalkeeping top, very confusing, how the ref didn't insist on a change is baffling!

Best game I have seen Tooting play all season, considering the opposition. They deserved to take all the points from a team that has ambitions to be in the end of season promotion  play offs. Credit to  all the players and my unsung hero was Matt Drage who marshalled the defence really well, and had time to  come forward and make some telling passes. A difficult 3 consecutive away games, as seen only 3 goals conceded by the team with worst defensive record in the league, including a "blank sheet"  for the first time since October  14th.

07/2/2018 4:40 pm  #9

Hi Guys,

Wingate & Finchley fan here, you are dead right you were much the better side last night. We were hanging on at the end praying for the final whistle.

Saturday will be my first visit to your ground so I am very excited!

07/2/2018 5:39 pm  #10

Have to agree the pitch was outstanding. Couldn't believe it's condition given time of year and relative level of football. 

Mikem - i too thought Dragey was superb. He's a classy defender, we all know that, but what i liked over the last three games is he has really been up for the fight at the bottom of the league (especially if you look at his condition vs Dorking - could barely walk!). It's great to see his commitment as clearly it's a step change from playing top of the league dulwich football, and higher than that too in the league above. He looked like he really cared last night, and that experience (still 25 yo!) and running/passing out of defence really gave the whole side confidence. 

07/2/2018 8:06 pm  #11

I SEE THAT RYAN HALL CAPTAIN OF MERSTHAM HAS LEFT THEM & IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CLUB. COULD BE MORE THAN USEFUL FOR US. ALWAYS CAUSED US PROBLEMS WHE HE PLAYED AGAINST US. FRANK TAKE NOTE

08/2/2018 11:42 am  #12

It said he wanted to go back to league football Geoff.I didn't go Tuesday but so pleased we played well and got draw.Just hope that we don't think it will easy on Saturday.They must be up there in the league for a reason.

08/2/2018 2:58 pm  #13

Thank-you "Wingate Simon" for the compliment, hopefully if any players read it they will at last have confidence in themselves that they are able to compete in this division.
Hope you enjoy your trip to "Imperial Fields" (  but not too much! ) in case you are interested we have a good bar selling both, real ale, and that fizzy stuff, no food I am afraid in the bar but the "Shack" adjacent to the entrance sells the usual high cholesterol stuff.

Parking on site should not be a problem either.

10/2/2018 10:29 am  #14

For anyone that was there on Tuesday night, their left back the number 3 Nathan Mavila, highly rated and has just left the club for a National Conference side. Hopefully a good omen for us without him playing today!

For what it’s worth I thought Isiah matched up to him well on Tuesday!

Bring on the game later - can’t wait!

12/2/2018 10:21 am  #15

Quote from the Welling United Forum

"...I thought that the new fella Hall certainly tried hard and offered plenty of commitment but some of his delivery was poor and he tried to dribble the ball too many times in the wrong areas. On the other hand he offered more than the other winger - I trust someone took 12 quid off him after the game as that is the going rate these days for watching a game at PVR."

Board footera