“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/2/2018 11:31 am  #1

Toilets

Of the recent post put on this website about the decline of this great club has diminished in recent years since kink are our sponsors the toilets round the ground have got a disgrace at the far end they are not even open now a few years back poles were erected to stop the balls going out of play what happened about the netting for these poles? I find it strange considering we are sponsored by a building company nothing is being rectified no one of a official capacity seems to care because if health and safety were to visit I think they would shut it down

14/2/2018 11:50 am  #2

Re: Toilets

I don't want to sound too defensive of KNK, but I presume that their sponsorship deal is purely a financial one.  No different to if we were sponsored by McDonalds.  Would we expect free Big Macs on top of any sponsorship deal?

So I doubt that KNK are responsible for any maintenance other than what they are paid for as in any commercial transaction.

14/2/2018 12:07 pm  #3

So are we to believe the issue is down to irregular stadium maintenance, if so then surely basic amenities could be provided such as, doors on toilets, lighting within, and generally a lack of toilet rolls. The cost for these items would be negligible. I do know for a fact that these issues have been raised with the appropriate persons but obviously it is of no significance to them.
These issues are not just recent either.
The owner could have no complaint if the issues resulted in fines and I for one could not have any sympathy if they do.

14/2/2018 12:19 pm  #4

No, of course the toilets are a disgrace.  And the general state of the ground is probably worse than it should be.  But I don't think we can point the finger at KNK just because they are sponsors.

If they have some sort of maintenance contract, then yes.

Nevertheless, it probably doesn't reflect well on them whether they are responsible or not.

14/2/2018 12:32 pm  #5

Could not agree more Endo, at the end of the day the responsibility has to lie with the owner, assuming he is aware, but then the toilets upstairs probably have toilet rolls.

14/2/2018 12:32 pm  #6

Totally agree endogthelane I am to understand that they do not pay a fee for their sponsorship but to the upkeep of the ground

14/2/2018 12:41 pm  #7

alanj wrote:

but then the toilets upstairs probably have toilet rolls.

And a door, and a light, and an air freshener !

#KARZYGATE

14/2/2018 2:36 pm  #8

Im sure a cleaner could be bought in the day after the game im not to sure about the family creche upstairs but im sure they would have a clearner to deal with the facilities of kids. Not only are the toilets a problem but the toilets next to the stewards hut where closed a few games ago which i think is a disgrace leaving people to walk around the whole pitch just for a toilet worse if you have a walking disability.

14/2/2018 2:45 pm  #9

In answer to tpf the toilets above the stands have not been cleaned or seen a wash in the trap to my knowledge for over a year

14/2/2018 2:52 pm  #10

I'd volunteer to clean them myself but I lack the qualifications 

14/2/2018 2:58 pm  #11

Chris you use a traffic cone with great skill cleaning a bog should be piss easy! What a pun

14/2/2018 3:17 pm  #12

And after sharing a residence with Mitcham's answer to Albert Steptoe, Tooting's bogs are pristine in comparison 

14/2/2018 3:35 pm  #13

I seem to  recall when the sponsorship deal was signed with KNK , it was to  cover maintenance  at the Imperial Fields for a set period  over 5 years, with cost evenly distributed over each of the 5 years.  Then again it may have all changed.

14/2/2018 4:30 pm  #14

Hey Bog End Ultra, being a true Steptoe even the Karzi in the great Steptoe and Son tv series was better then at Imperial fields as it had torn up newspaper to use. !!! RIP ALBERT STEPTOE

15/2/2018 4:45 pm  #15

Well at least you didn't piss yourself laughing with happiness and enjoyment!

18/2/2018 3:05 pm  #16

I stand to be corrected by those in the 100% know (I am merely in the 90% know bracket) but KNK are now merely shirt sponsors paying a cash sum for the privilege.
The original "Maintenance sponsorship contract" ran out at the end of last season (although for the life of me I can't recall any "maintenance" ever having been done by them ???)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

18/2/2018 3:18 pm  #17

It seems as if they have pulled the wool over Steve Adkins eyes and got a year on the shirt for free! as you rightly say DeePee, little if any maintenance was, or is, being carried out.
Pity really, our once grand stadium is gradually falling behind the rest of the leagues regarding condition. .How long I wonder before it resembles Sandy Lane. ?

Board footera