“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/2/2018 9:09 pm  #1

Local Rivals - Beware

Tooting now have competition from local team Balham who came into existence in 2011. The club are playing in their first season in the  Combined Counties League and are mid-table.  They have shared a few different grounds and are currently sharing with Colliers Wood United.  They are still in the London Senior Cup, recently beating AFC Wimbledon at Home and Hendon away.  The Balham women's  team are  playing the Tooting's women's team this Sunday.

15/2/2018 9:16 am  #2

Re: Local Rivals - Beware

I wasn't overly surprised they beat Wombledin who probably fielded an under 13's side but I certainly raised an eyebrow when they beat Hendon away. Imagine a LSC Final involving 3 districts of SW London all right next to each other, Balham, Tooting, Mitcham. When I was growing up, Balham and Tooting's population seemed to be made up of West Indians, Irish and white working class, and whilst both areas have become gentrified in recent years neither of them boast a Conservation Area as far as I'm aware 

Hats off to Balham Football Club though, remarkable achievement so far, I'd never even heard of them until recently.

23/2/2018 7:17 pm  #3

I see the draw for the LSC Semi Final is Dulwich V'S Balham and the Terrors V's Cray Valley Paper Mills.
Tooting V's Balham in the Final???????

23/2/2018 11:04 pm  #4

Highly unlikely but it would be nice.

Board footera