“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/2/2018 10:14 pm  #1

DULWICH HAMLET

It appears Rio Ferdinand had made a bid to purchase them for 10 million pounds which was rejected.
Meadow want more money, believed to be 13 million which places the land value above it`s worth.
What a load of leeches Meadow are, they will not be content until they have sucked the club dry.They can  not work with the council and deny others that can and are prepared to offer a sustainable plan for Dulwich

28/2/2018 10:01 pm  #2

Re: DULWICH HAMLET

It now appears as if the overall level of debt is approaching one million pounds and going out of business will be the likely outcome.
Once again the supporters suffer through the greed of property speculators.
Who are the people who carry out the "due diligence" regarding persons or organisations wishing to take control of a club, seems to me as if this is happening too often with the end result all too familiar.
I have the utmost sympathy for the true Dulwich supporters, no fan`s deserves this.

05/3/2018 10:19 pm  #3

Dulwich have now been handed a bill for one hundred and twenty on thousand pounds by Meadow, which has to be settled within twenty one days otherwise a winding up order will be made against them. 

Last edited by alanj (05/3/2018 10:21 pm)

06/3/2018 11:06 am  #4

Dulwich Hamlet FC were last night, Monday, served notice that their license to play at Champion Hill would be terminated immediately – the night before a crucial away game at leaders Billericay.

The club has said it is consulting with solicitors on the matter, as it feels landlords Meadow Residential, do not have legal grounds to serve such a notice.

This comes on top on the £121,000 ‘back rent’ bill the club was served last week.

Meadow have not been in touch with the club directly, and have only communicated through their solicitors.

A statement on the club’s website said: “We urge Andrew McDaniel and Peter Bennison to try and act with some level of courtesy moving forward, as this tact will get them nowhere.

“We will release another statement ASAP, and Urge all fans to back the team at the next two away games. Tonight at Billericay, and Saturday at Brightlingsea.”

A spokesman for Meadow Residential said: “It is with regret that Meadow has invoked a clause in the licence that withdraws permission for Dulwich Hamlet Football Club (DHFC) to continue to play on the Champion Hill site.

“This follows repeated breaches of the licence by the club, together with unwarranted personal attacks on the company, which has funded the club for a number of years and without which the club would not have survived as long as it has.

“Despite the best efforts of Meadow to initiate a dialogue with Southwark council, it has become clear that neither the council leadership nor DHFC are able to work collaboratively to bring forward much need new housing and a new stadium on

06/3/2018 12:37 pm  #5

Blimey ! They really are in the 

06/3/2018 1:04 pm  #6

One possible shaft of light, Southwark council might purchase the ground and allow Dulwich to stay there, either by reaching agreement with Meadow, or , compulsory purchase.
Hopefully a deal, one way or another, will allow Dulwich to continue.

06/3/2018 2:57 pm  #7

At an exorbitant rent 

06/3/2018 4:56 pm  #8

59robbery wrote:

Think we should offer to host their remaining league fixtures this season 

Our ground would smell of Rubbish..
. No thanks 😂😂

06/3/2018 9:51 pm  #9

Personally speaking, and i know i will get dog`s abuse for stating this, if it were down to me i would not hesitate to help a fellow club and it`s supporters at this very difficult time.
It is in times of adversity that we, as fellow supporters, should all pull together.

I`ll get me coat then.

06/3/2018 9:57 pm  #10

on 90mins. the score is Billericay 1 - 3 Dulwich, come on Dulwich.
Apparently "Tampon" has been seen throwing wads of cash on the pitch trying to curry favour with the officials.
If the score stays the same this is one up for the little man.

07/3/2018 6:22 am  #11

I wonder if Mr Adkins has had any contact with Dulwich?  They are in big trouble and can't be too choosy who helps them out. Adkins is a businessman, would he care about any football rivalry between the two clubs and the fact that many Tooting fans would rather stick pins in their eyes than enter the thought of them playing at our place ?

07/3/2018 4:14 pm  #12

I have spoken to my solicitor and he says that we will have to pay Meadow a royalty every time we chant "We hate Dulwich"  But apparently we're free to continue with "You dirty hipster bastards"

07/3/2018 6:07 pm  #13

There has been some speculation that because their 3G pitch and promotion are not compatible Sutton might need to ground share. They obviously can't go to Carshalton so we would be the nearest possibility. Just imagine a bidding war between DH and SU for the right to play on the hallowed turf. 

07/3/2018 6:30 pm  #14

I cant see Dulwich sharing with us. When Meadow Residential took over at Dulwich, the Dulwich hierarchy saw the pound sign, now the table has been turned.There fans dont really like our ground anyway. I dont have any sympathy for them at all

10/3/2018 12:22 pm  #15

I don't want to share with any other team.  I can see it all now:  after two years we suddenly find ourselves the junior partner at the ground, then two years later we are told to sling our hook.

As Geoff said, they saw pound notes and charged in without a thought for the worst possible consiquence.  If something looks too good to be true it normally is.

14/3/2018 8:35 am  #16

59robbery wrote:

Attendance 210.

That's still one more than we managed on Saturday 

Board footera