“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2018 9:44 pm  #1

Tooting 0-2 Ref

In all fairness we didn't deserve anything from today as neither team played any good, but the ref rewind it AGAIN. Why do we always get Rubbish refs?

24/2/2018 11:21 pm  #2

Re: Tooting 0-2 Ref

After the game today someone  said "The ref cost us that". Sorry he didn't,  he was bad, the free kick for the first goal was questionable,  the penalty  was a dive. But,it wasn't  the ref that wasted the first half playing Fulkes up front on his own, it wasn't  the ref that couldn't  produce a single shot on target all afternoon. Nor was it the ref who was second to every ball all match...

It's  very easy to blame the officials for a defeat but no matter  howbad they are they never cost a team a defeat.

25/2/2018 11:19 am  #3

We can't blame the ref for yesterdays defeat. I was pretty close to the free kick that led to the first goal and it looked the right decision to me. The penalty looked very questionable and gave Leiston an undeserved 2-0 which we were never going to get back from.
We need to sort out our strikers, I don't know whats going on with Mike Dixon, but Omar Fulkes looks totally ineffective as a lone front man, doesn't hold the ball up, is immobile and doesn't look to have a goal in him. Would it have been any different with Dixon? Probably not.
We looked instantly better as soon as Simpson came on for Fulkes but still couldn't produce any decent scoring opportunities.
The 2-0 scoreline flattered Leiston and we maybe deserved a draw, but they scored and we didn't. Until we stop giving the opposition defenders such an easy ride we are going to continue struggling at the bottom.

25/2/2018 11:41 am  #4

Agree with you Andy, I also feel, and have done for a while now, our problems lie with not taking chances when created. How much longer is Frank going to persist with our front two, fifteen goals between them in all competitions. I can not believe he has faith in them anymore but perhaps other strikers do not wish to join a struggling team so he has no choice.

26/2/2018 9:19 am  #5

We've been blessed over the years with some prolific marksmen, Juneman, Tompkins, Collins, Webb, Vines, Summers to name but a few. We don't have anyone who falls into that bracket (or any adjacent bracket) at the minute but prolific goalscorers aren't easy to come by. I still like Dixon though. Simpson's got good potential but he's only young and already he looks too heavy.

26/2/2018 9:30 am  #6

Prolific goal scorers are hard to find,and even harder to hanger onto.To be honest we didn’t create many chances anyway.It was tough going Saturday,once leiston worked out we just played up to Omar,the just crowded him.Chace and Dom got little room in midfield.And no pace.Would have settled for nil nil.

26/2/2018 1:56 pm  #7

Surely its a strikers job to do more than just score goals. What happened to defending from the front, putting the odd challenge in, competing for the ball, closing down etc, none of which Fulkes or Dixon do any of.

26/2/2018 4:15 pm  #8

To be fair, I didn't really expect anything from a team in the top ten and who beat Billericay. Burgess Hill Town, Harlow Town and Worthing all lost which was good. Let's hope Enfield Town do as a favour on Tuesday and beat Burgess Hill.

Board footera