“The Official Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/3/2018 7:28 am  #1

Thurrock Result

Now I’m really worried.

14/3/2018 8:53 am  #2

Re: Thurrock Result

I can hear alarm bells.

14/3/2018 9:04 am  #3

Why was the best player on Saturday - Isaiah Jones - only on the bench last night. I Presume Dominic was injured?

14/3/2018 9:56 am  #4

Comparing the team sheet posted on the wall to the starting line up showed some differences.
And I think that may be down to players not turning up on time but don’t quote me.
And I certainly don’t know if Isaiah was one of those.

The 1st half was a very even contest although, with the exception of a Chace shot that rattled the crossbar, they probably had the better chances (4).
And after conceding just before half time we were right back in it after the penalty.

Sadly the ever more solid looking Tope was knocked off balance and then outpaced for their 2nd.
It looked as if Mattte should have come for a ball over the top that none of our defenders was ever going to get.
And the 4th looked a horror show.
We were huffing and puffing without really creating any solid chances.
Wedgie had a penalty saved very near the end that he, understandably, tried to put the other side of the keeper to the first one. But it was all over by then.

Much good work by all and Reis again impressed but we need to create more real chances and put every final ball in the right place to be attacked.
Gone back to looking a zero threat at corners. Not even worth sending anybody forward.

A neutral spectator I spoke to could not believe we were bottom 4 with the way we control the game.
But that has been the case for much of the season.

Still think we will be Ok.  BH in more trouble than we are.

14/3/2018 12:21 pm  #5

As much as I don't want it to happen, if a team like Thurrock do fold then this will be the only way we will survive relegation. The bottom teams in the southern and northern leagues are Gosport in the southern league that look to have collapsed with just seven points and Sutton Coldfield in the northern league who have twenty six points currently. As it would stand we have more points and more wins than these teams.

14/3/2018 12:30 pm  #6

I am now truly worried. I have been optimistic all season but now for the first time think we will go down. We just don't look like winning sadly, hope I am proved wrong but games are running out. At the moment we are relying on other teams losing, Burgess Hill, Harlow who unfortunately won on Saturday and maybe Lowestoft with their financial problems.
Please lets celebrate a win against Hendon, it is not as though we are playing that badly.  

14/3/2018 1:52 pm  #7

Totally heart broken.... At least when we got relegated the last time we were rubbish which made things a bit more bearable... This season we have controlled games and can class ourselves as being unlucky after more than a few games... But morale seems to be at rock bottom now.

This season has been a total disaster which after last seasons success is even harder to take.

14/3/2018 1:59 pm  #8

87 goals leaked tell the story: defensivly were are crap.  With 50 goals scored we have bagged more than 8 of the teams in the division including 8th place Leatherhed.  Soft unnecessay goals conceded has been our problem from the very start of the season and sod all has been done to rectify it.

14/3/2018 2:59 pm  #9

I don't think you can say sod all has been done.  The manager has brought in a number of central defenders through the season including McNaughton, Flegg, and Drage as well as SPB and Rowe.  He's tried different right backs before seeming to settle with Fadahunsi.  And he has also tried 2 holding midfielders at the expense of one of the strikers.

So he has been trying various combinations and formulae but obviously nothing has had any long term success.

14/3/2018 6:35 pm  #10

What did happen to Flegg? He was promising! He went on a "long work trip" and i haven't heard a thing since? 

Board footera