“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/4/2018 5:13 pm  #1

Terrors 0-0 Tonbridge

Much better... Should have won... Dominated the game... just need to take our chances... Hope Isiah jets better soon ...

By the way Dulwich fans... I don't give a crap about my spelling

Last edited by Bogend Ant (07/4/2018 5:14 pm)

07/4/2018 5:27 pm  #2

Re: Terrors 0-0 Tonbridge

agree ant dominated for long spells,but why did frank leave it so late to put subs on when we were having
so much possession,as usual folkes did bugger all.

07/4/2018 6:58 pm  #3

I agree we should have won that game. No idea why we wait so long with substitutions. Stanislaus did more in 10 minutes than Folkes in 80. The manager just stands there chatting with coaches the entire game, yet no decisions are made. On the plus side, it was great to see our boys fighting for every single ball they could. Isiah Jones the MoM in my opinion. Special mention to Jordan Wilson who directed the midfield very well today. Very vocal and energetic. 

07/4/2018 7:05 pm  #4

All being said folkes his a total waste on the pitch why frank keeps picking him is a mystery it is not that he hasn’t got anybody else to chose from Reis is far better player

07/4/2018 7:17 pm  #5

Anyone know how Isiah is doing please? 

We played well, should have won. 

Unfortuntaely for us Burgess Hill took a point at Dulwich...i was banking on Dulwich beating them to help us out. 

07/4/2018 8:46 pm  #6

I totally disagree with your statement " They all did their best, run their socks off, and work so hard" surely you do not mean that statement to include Folkes, I know their centre forward was carrying some spare timber, but he did at least run and cause a few problems for our defence, but Folkes, sorry he is not now, and since he came, has never been good or athletic enough, and he not only is carrying some spare timber, but the whole forest!
Agree regarding the rest though, they did at last seem to be trying, especially Jordan, for me he was my man of the match, always wanted the ball and every time he ran at the defence he caused a problem, ok sometimes he let himself down with his finishing, but he never stopped trying.
I sincerely hope Isiah is fine he has certainly had a hard baptism into premier division football.

07/4/2018 9:10 pm  #7

Don`t dispute the fact it is not his fault for being played Tooting Dave, but if he has any pride in himself and the will to show us that he is not a waste of time, you think he would shed a few kilo`s to prove supporter`s wrong.
The fact that his weight appears to have gone up over the season leads me to believe he is just staying for the money, and let`s not forget, Worthing let him go, and we have seen the reason why.

07/4/2018 9:54 pm  #8

at the end of the day you must all ask youselves why does frank keep playing omar,well it not omars fault
he will play if frank wants him to .the fault lies with frank because he aint got a clue,when will everybody
open there eyes!

08/4/2018 7:41 am  #9

Could not agree with you more Danny, what does Frank see that we are all missing?
Granted Tooting Dave, he, along with Paul Dale, let us not forget him, was responsible for the record breaking season we all enjoyed last year.
That is now history and it is what is being achieved this season which is important, and we can all see what that has been.
One thing which is worrying is the squad we have finished up with and the reasons behind it, and if the same reasons apply for the coming season, where will we finish up?

08/4/2018 8:46 am  #10

Have not posted for a few games.I been too depressed with how this season has gone.If we had played like yestaday all season we would be a few places higher.I thought Omar had his best game for ages.wether that’s saying much though.Easy to say but you have to score goals to win games,and we just haven’t done that the whole campaign.Dixon has had so many injuries this season.I guess we will in bostik south next season and this team is not good enough to get into top 6.I had Jordan as my man of match.He played well and worried them.Hope Isiah is ok.
Clive.

08/4/2018 10:51 am  #11

Throughout this season we have been poor at both ends of the pitch, yesterday though, the defence stood strong, were organised and restricted Tonbridge to very few chances. It was business as usual at the other end, though, with their centre backs having an easy afternoon against our non existent attacking threat. I wonder if there might be some pig headed stubbornness on Franks part, in persevering with Folkes up front. I cannot think of a single reason why you would pick him ahead of Reis Stanislous. It reminds me of the short corner fiasco of a few seasons ago, where something was so obviously not working, but the manager carried on the policy for half the season.

08/4/2018 2:23 pm  #12

Andy Mc wrote:

I cannot think of a single reason why you would pick him ahead of Reis Stanislous.

Fitness, Reis Stanislous is not fit enough to last a game.
I hope he will be fit enough to start the next game as we need more movement up front.

Regarding "That's All Folkes!" We all can see he is not a main striker, but has been asked to play that role by the manager.

08/4/2018 3:03 pm  #13

Fair enough, not fit for 90 minutes, but surely he's fit enough to play more than 10, if not he shouldn't be on the bench. As for Folkes, he's so immobile, I think no role given to him anywhere on the pitch would suit him at this level.

08/4/2018 4:03 pm  #14

Can I just mention how well our right back played yesterday...i thought he was outstanding. 

We are definitely producing some good youngsters which has to be a silver lining on this season. 

08/4/2018 5:23 pm  #15

My view is that Omar can play but his impact is clearly severely hampered by his fitness. If the manager selects him he must do so knowing his obvious short comings. For me Reis is no better just different. Physically he can make decent runs and bring some much needed physicality to the team but his decision making and vision is not good (even in the 10'minutes Frank gave him he had chances to play people in but took the wrong option each time).

Three points was vital to any chance we have of survival but Frank was far too late with his substitutions against a poor side who were tiring and there for the taking. I think that this timid approach has been common place this season. For some reason we haven't played with enough belief against many teams who are no better than us.

Paul Dale has been a huge miss this year. We have not had the same organisation and touchline coaching without him.

Jordon deserves congratulations on his performance yesterday.

11/4/2018 12:28 pm  #16

Whatever do you mean 59er?

Board footera