“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/4/2018 12:46 pm  #1

Wetherby Mike

Is that you on page 18 of today's Non League Paper in the green jacket and yellow scarf to the left of the photo ?

08/4/2018 8:56 pm  #2

Re: Wetherby Mike

Do you mean the one in the thong, Cricket.

10/4/2018 10:58 pm  #3

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Is that you on page 18 of today's Non League Paper in the green jacket and yellow scarf to the left of the photo ?

Well spotted; that is indeed me with my 11 year old granddaughter Orla who was attending her first away match. I tried unsuccessfully for years to get my wife and 2 daughters interested in football then along comes Orla who is a big fan of the Sulphurites. These are exciting times for Harrogate Town with automatic promotion still a possibility if class of 92 Salford City slip up. Hard to believe that a club playing village teams in the West Yorkshire leagues in the 1980s is now able to beat the likes of York and Stockport. Much as I enjoy being part of the yellow/black army  I can assure you my heart is still black and white.

11/4/2018 7:55 am  #4

Wetherby Mike wrote:

Bog End Ultra wrote:

then along comes Orla who is a big fan of the Sulphurites.

I don't think I know any of their songs  I suppose if she's only 11 they'll be a bit like One Direction eh ?

Good to know your heart is still black & white, hope to see you up the Bog End sometime soon. Take care mate. Chris

07/5/2018 9:37 pm  #5

Much rejoicing up here yesterday as Harrogate Town came from 1-0 down at half time to beat Chorley Town with a last minute winner in the National North semi final play off. Bearing in mind what has happened to T and M this season I have a nasty feeling  it will all turn sour when we meet Brackley next Sunday. Both our league games were drawn so a close  match seems likely. If all goes well it will be bring on Sutton; bring on Bromley etc next season!..

07/5/2018 10:12 pm  #6

All the best from a fellow non-league`r.

13/5/2018 8:09 pm  #7

Harrogate Town 3 v Brackley Town 0 this afternoon so it is on to the National League. Not sure how we will get on next season but I don't care all that much as long as we beat Sutton twice!

14/5/2018 12:17 pm  #8

Congratulations to my Northern Non-League team Mike. 
They've come a long way since I saw them up there a few years ago with the controversial owner's son as manager. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera