“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/4/2018 3:24 pm  #1

Harrow Away

We need all the support we can get tomorrow... This is a massive game and it would mean a lot to the players to have a great support tomorrow... We're all upset about how this season has gone but let's turn up in numbers tomorrow and help out our team... Tooting Till We Die... COME ON YOU TERRORS

13/4/2018 4:23 pm  #2

Re: Harrow Away

Plenty of parking at the ground.
The front car park will probably be full, just continue to the left of the club & drive right inside the ground.
Those coming by train , best route is Marylebone to Northolt Park.

13/4/2018 11:11 pm  #3

Sadly it's a beer drinkers desert.

14/4/2018 7:29 am  #4

Oh! s++t.
Any good pubs close by.
Mind you if somebody said to me, you can have three points, or fizzy water, I would take the fizzy water.

14/4/2018 9:47 am  #5

Me and Joe just finishing our liquid breakfast in Wetherspoons so we'll be there in good voice Ant.

14/4/2018 10:16 am  #6

The press article by Frank suggests we need to win this one today or things look pretty dire.
Well yes. And Harrow cerrtainly have a very good home record. But I would still not be giving up.

Harlow Town have won only one away game all season. And we bettered and battered Plod in the cup game at their place.  So lots would still be to play for.

However........points today would be very welcome and I hope every Terror supporter will be turning up with that same positive attitude of last week.

COME ON YOU STRIPES

14/4/2018 1:57 pm  #7

Folkes starting again, unbelievable, hope we can get something today in spite of this.

14/4/2018 6:11 pm  #8

Didn’t go wife needed me always at the wrong time seems we played alright hill losing helped just need to keep our head above them best we can do stay 23rd fingers crossed

14/4/2018 10:45 pm  #9

Allan B wrote:

Folkes starting again, unbelievable, hope we can get something today in spite of this.

You know i think this post and some of the other posts ive seen about folkes on here in the last few weeks is borderline bullying and unproductive to say the least.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion sure, but by some of the constant barrage of abuse he is receiving is going to far in my opnion.

Someone behind me today was shouting abuse towards him and calling him fat out loud. And it was said loud enough to be heard. Imagine hearing that whilst playing? I cant imagine it would motivate me too much to do my all for the club.

Despite all this i thought he had a good game. (Much more effective when Reis came up top to partner him).

I dont expect you all to read this and change your opinion on him, but now that youve made your feelings known over and over, how about we get behind him and the rest of our players in this final push to survive?

15/4/2018 12:05 am  #10

dac123 wrote:

Allan B wrote:

You know i think this post and some of the other posts ive seen about folkes on here in the last few weeks is borderline bullying and unproductive to say the least.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion sure, but by some of the constant barrage of abuse he is receiving is going to far in my opnion.

Someone behind me today was shouting abuse towards him and calling him fat out loud. And it was said loud enough to be heard. Imagine hearing that whilst playing? I cant imagine it would motivate me too much to do my all for the club.

Despite all this i thought he had a good game. (Much more effective when Reis came up top to partner him).

I dont expect you all to read this and change your opinion on him, but now that youve made your feelings known over and over, how about we get behind him and the rest of our players in this final push to survive?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and he's getting paid to play football don't forget! Wasn't there today but he's about as mobile as an 80 year old on a Zimmer frame! If he's making roads to actually put in a decent performance then fair play 👏 Just abit too late. Before everyone has a pop etc... We've payed good money to travel to various places and he hasn't put in a performance like some others in the team. Could he score the goal to keep us up? Who knows!

15/4/2018 9:43 am  #11

And like i clearly stated in my message, everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion.

To say hes not making effort i think is inaccurate. The manager chooses to play him and the manager chooses to play the system where he’s up top alone with no one around him, and we pump the ball at him from deep and expect him to work miracles. He just isnt going to do that.

He looked so much more effective yesterday when we partnered him with Reis for the last 25 minutes. Its not that he tried more or less, he was trying all game! Its that we changed the system to actually be more effective with him as part of the system.

Perhaps if Mike Dixon was fit we wouldnt even be in this position or nor having this debate.

Anyway i said my piece and that was really to highlight that he is almost certainly trying from what i can see. He might not be setting the world alight, but thats not down to a lack of effort on his part (honest opinion).

Lets hope we partner Reis and Omar against Harlow and get that win we are so desperate for!

15/4/2018 11:05 am  #12

dac123 wrote:

To say hes not making effort i think is inaccurate. The manager chooses to play him and the manager chooses to play the system where he’s up top alone with no one around him, and we pump the ball at him from deep and expect him to work miracles. He just isnt going to do that.

He looked so much more effective yesterday when we partnered him with Reis for the last 25 minutes. Its not that he tried more or less, he was trying all game! Its that we changed the system to actually be more effective with him as part of the system.

Perhaps if Mike Dixon was fit we wouldnt even be in this position or nor having this debate.

Good points dac123.
I thought when Omar Folkes came on for a 15 minute cameo in his first game against Merstham, you could see he has talent and skill.

More effective playing with or off a main striker.

I will be cheering on the whole team on Saturday against Harlow

15/4/2018 11:25 am  #13

I do think he has some ability and he does try but being up front on his does him no favours and to me he never looks like scoring, I want to be proved wrong and if he gets the winner on Saturday I'll be delighted for him.

15/4/2018 7:42 pm  #14

Omar has talent but can't play up front on his own as he doesn't have the mobility or stamina. Unfortunately he missed a couple of chances very early on and was then largely anonymous until the last 15-20 minutes  when we belatedly made changes and we had runners injecting some pace into our game. Omar came back into the game once we had made those changes and did OK.

Frank seems happy with the outcome but I think we missed a trick. We made little progress on either flank - we had no natural width on he left and Jeuven was not getting too much change out of his opponent. Until DMGs great strike I couldn't see us scoring if I am honest.

With the great boost of DMGs fantastic goal and the substitutions which us some pace, we pressed hard for a winner but ran out of time. So Frank got it right in the end but the other side of the argument would be that he got it wrong for most of the game.

Given the Burgess Hill result it might well be a precious point but three points were there for the taking against a team playing their third game in five days. We are in for an exciting two weeks. It is in our own hands but we must look to win and not just live in hope that BH do us a huge favour.

Board footera