“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/10/2013 9:54 pm  #1

Tooting 2 Guernsey 2

Another good performance tonight.  We were just inches from an emphatic win having hit the woodwork 4 times I think.  But poor marking and poor decision making at the back meant that Guernsey went in at the break 2-1 up.  We were missing Sawyer, but his replacement Nkoma linked up with the impressive Pinnock to nick the lead after about half an hour.  I think Pinnock got a knock during the build up to the goal and only lasted a few minutes into the 2nd half.  We had to carry on with a forward pairing of Nkoma and Noble and weren't making as many inroads as we did in the 1st half.  Tanner made a double change which seemed to leave us with 3 up front with Turner returning to the first team as a makeshift attacker.  I didn't think we would be able to break them down, but we got a free kick about 20 yards out and Cheadle did the rest!  Both teams had chances to win it - although we had the clearer chances.

Another good game for Dalhouse, and if Turner is ready to come back, then I would think Cheadle will be the one to make way.  Cheadle has been a bit of a Titus Bramble of late.  Still looking good on the ball but making expensive clangers at the same time.

02/10/2013 3:05 pm  #2

Re: Tooting 2 Guernsey 2

What a highly entertaining game of football that was !!

I think Cheadle's more of a David Luiz personally. Don't remember Bramble blasting too many free-kicks home but I love the analogy Endo.

During the first half I was stood behind Guernsey's tiny band of Ultras ( I counted 6 ) up the Bishops. One of their number appeared to have sunk a few Cognacs beforehand and was quite vocal especially when the Bog End choir sporadically broke into song. I didn't hear him swear once, nothing he shouted was in any way offensive, he was supporting his team and I doubt if any one in the Bog End was even aware of his presence. One Tooting steward however deemed it necessary to have a word with Monsieur Guernsworth and asked/told him to pipe down. If the stewards at away grounds we visit took the same approach Bog End Tim Megone wouldn't bother going, depriving the rest of us of the only source of 'worth reading' material in our matchday programme !! If, in the unlikely event, you are the steward in question may I suggest you go and get a job in a library somwhere.

02/10/2013 5:40 pm  #3

Well said Bog End, like you I thought they were a good bunch, not like some who have visited us.
Congratulations must go to Craig and all the team, that has to be the best performance for some time by the "Terrors", I felt that both teams contributed to a very highly entertaining game and if we keep on playing like that, their is only one way to go, and it is not down!

02/10/2013 6:10 pm  #4

03/10/2013 10:04 am  #5

Hats off to the journo who wrote that. That is the most impartial match report I think I've ever seen.

Great atmosphere on Tuesday night in the second half when the Bog End Army was massed up the Bishops. Really felt and sounded like a cup-tie towards the end.

Eastbourne Town are our sacrificial lambs on Saturday, they've been struggling badly this season ( lost 5-2 at home to Hartley Whitney the other day) so I will commit the cardinal sin and walk to the ground fully expecting,anticipating and demanding a resounding victory.

''COME ON YOU STRIPES'' !!!!!!!!!!                                                                                       
Who said sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ??? Was that my mate 'Old Silly bish bosh' the steward ?????

Board footera