“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/5/2018 10:31 pm  #1

ENVY

I know we had our moment in the sun last season, but I can not help feeling short changed this.
Looking at what took place at our HOME today, leaves me with a feeling of utter despair, rubbing salt into the wounds of our season.
But hopefully, w e as fans, will take inspiration from what has been achieved by our tenants to show we what can be done with a total commitment by ourselves.
So instead of moaning and leaving it to others to progress our club forward, this is the time when we, as supporters should step up and show that we really do love our club!

08/5/2018 10:24 am  #2

Re: ENVY

The past weekend results and outcomes really hit home what a dreadful season we had.... In fact I don't think it could have got much worse.

08/5/2018 10:49 am  #3

watching the play of final yesterday,yes i too was envious and more than a little sick to stomach after the 
horribble season we have just endured.its great that more money is coming in but will steve bung any our way or just trousure it he is of course entitled to do whatever he wants,and even if he did  give us more
money would it do any good,not in my opinion with frank still at the helm and it does not look like he will do the decent thing and go.
im not surprised as he was stubborn in his team selection and tactics for a good part of the season and 
because he obviously doesnt see it as his fault with him in charge i dont think anything much will change next season,its still early but i dont see any change coming anytime soon (as usual).if any of my fellow supporters are happy to continue with the status quo then good luck to you!

08/5/2018 2:55 pm  #4

Could not agree more Danny, but we live in hope.

08/5/2018 6:54 pm  #5

Hello Danny could not agree more with your comments.  Dulwich have plenty of players with Conference experience in their side, so they should not be relegated in one season.  The Terrors entered the Bostik premier lacking any pedigree for the league.  After the final game against Dorking last season, it was obvious they would have to  recruit to  survive in the higher Division. Tooting started this season in a terrible state, not winning a league game until the 7th October when they scraped home 4-3 against Worthing. The two guys in charge did not have a clue, including Paul Dale. Bunging youngsters in the line up who were boys playing against men  (Except DMG). At the end of season the team did not win any of their remaining 12, fixtures and only winning  9 games the whole season!

The manager is clearly not up to  the job, although he maybe in his comfort zone next season playing games against inconsequential teams. The team has gone backwards light years  this season.  No Plan - No future - No Communication - No Manager- No Leader - No Proper Owner - No hope- No Crowd - No young spectators - etc etc.

Dulwich will be playing Torquay next season, and probably Hereford, While the Terrors will be playing in the upper reaches of Figges Marsh.

For those raising their half empty, half full glasses all season, they were like those poor souls who sit in the pub looking at the bottom of an empty  glass waiting for someone to  buy them  a pint.  The pitiful comments on here about envy  and everything will be forgotten next season, live in cloud cuckoo land. "Hackbridge  Harry"  is a brave man trying to  do something positive, and I honestly wish him the best of Luck. But I fear for him.

Without major change this will not be a proper Football Club,  Just a team flying under a flag of convenience.  The whole of the First Team structure, including the Members / Supporters club and crowds have become so run down , they do not have a hope in hell of reviving this hopeless mess !

08/5/2018 8:32 pm  #6

You Mikem are as fed up as the rest of us so I hope to see you on the 22nd.
Now is  chance for us all to do something positive instead of just criticizing.
Harry is giving us a chance to put our talking into positive action.
We have to start sometime before it is too late

09/5/2018 10:21 am  #7

AlanJ,  You won't see me on the 22nd, tried that, done that, worn the hat, complete waste of time. Apart from a brilliant handful of individuals who undertake some great voluntary work, The Members club is a complete  waste of time and energy. I could go on for pages on what I think about the Members Club and the structure alludes to!
Once a year  we hear about the great revolution, I Look forward to  your full report on the proceedings and what s going to happen in the future!

09/5/2018 10:26 am  #8

Mikem wrote:

AlanJ, You won't see me on the 22nd, tried that, done that, worn the hat, complete waste of time. Apart from a brilliant handful of individuals who undertake some great voluntary work, The Members club is a complete waste of time and energy. I could go on for pages on what I think about the Members Club and the structure alludes to!
Once a year we hear about the great revolution, I Look forward to your full report on the proceedings and what s going to happen in the future!

I resigned from being a Director of the Members Club by the way.
I fully understand why people feel the same as you....

09/5/2018 11:42 am  #9

HH, please don't give up on your fine work and enthusiasm.  You're not the first or last to suffer complete frustration about team and the way it's managed and run, many have been through this scenario.  There is only person who can save the slow demise of this once wonderful football club!

09/5/2018 12:56 pm  #10

Brassneck - I think I agree with you.  I still think of Tooting as a big club, but the truth is that we aren't even in the top 100 non league clubs.

The last time we were in the top echelon was in 1979 in the year before the conference came into being, so at that time you could argue that we were at the top of the non league tree as the Isthmian, Southern and Northern leagues were roughly on a par.

We spent the next 10 years at level 2 of the pyramid, mostly in the bottom half of the Isthmian premier division until relegation in 1989.  In the subsequent 30 years we have spent 17 seasons at step 3 and 13 seasons at step 4.  In those 30 years we've had 2 championships, 1 playoff victory and now, 3 relegations.

So recent history tells us that our reasonable expectation is to be competitive in the Bostik Premier. (Although I still think we should aim for the conference south as a long term target)

But like you Brassneck, I've enjoyed some great seasons despite being at the lower level.  

Last edited by endofthelane (09/5/2018 1:33 pm)

Board footera