“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/5/2018 6:15 pm  #1

Frank Wilson leaves by mutual agreement.

As it says on the tin. Frank has gone.
An official statement is here :--

https://tmunited.org/Pages/Article/257

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

09/5/2018 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Frank Wilson leaves by mutual agreement.

I told you that he was on his way.

On last season's form this is the correct course of action.  But I would like to thank Frank for the magnificent promotion season and wish him good luck.

We now need an experienced manager and not a novice.

Last edited by evthedog (09/5/2018 6:48 pm)

09/5/2018 7:08 pm  #3

the right decision has been reached,it is now very important that whoever comes in to take franks place is
both experienced and has good contacts hopefully with good financial support from steve.

09/5/2018 7:59 pm  #4

I think its the right call to make but like what has been said i think we need a manager with contacts in the non league circle. I would also like to thank frank for all he has done for us. The players should be ashamed and i would not lose any sleep if some of them left. I hope the new manager brings hes own players in cause our squad have been embarrassing and i would only keep a hand full.

09/5/2018 10:28 pm  #5

I suppose it was inevitable really.

We need to get a new man in place pretty quickly though!!!!

Would like to wish Frank all the very best for the future.

10/5/2018 6:47 am  #6

It's the right thing to do,but I'm sorry Frank has gone.He did his best and last season his best wasn't good enough,or at least the players weren't good enough.What will happen to Ashley?Any whispers about new manager.Not sure there will be a mad rush from those available.

10/5/2018 7:37 am  #7

I'm sad as well. But it is very difficult for a manager to continue after a relegation.

Regarding a new manager, it's difficult to find an experienced manager for this level who doesn't want a decent wedge. Apart from Billy Smith I think our last 10 managers have been have been rookies.

10/5/2018 8:59 am  #8

endofthelane wrote:

I think our last 10 managers have been have been rookies.

If the rumours I've heard are to be believed, I think that's going to be the case again.

An experienced manager with good contacts and big fat war chest of money, yeah right 

Thanks for the memories Frank.

10/5/2018 9:41 am  #9

Cheers Frank...

Thanks for some great times and good laughs over the last few years.

Who knows... If Dangerous Drage had not given away that last minute pen at Needham Market that point would have been enough to stay up. The Football Gods took a dislike to us this season.

Frank was always good to me and Anthony and always stopped for a chat.

Best wishes....

10/5/2018 10:17 am  #10

I doubt that we will have to wait long for the new manager to be announced.

10/5/2018 10:26 am  #11

Bog End Ultra wrote:

endofthelane wrote:

I think our last 10 managers have been have been rookies.

If the rumours I've heard are to be believed, I think that's going to be the case again.

An experienced manager with good contacts and big fat war chest of money, yeah right 

Thanks for the memories Frank.

One name I've heard mentioned was in our first team last season, though I find it hard to believe. If so the Combined Counties is beckoning. But given what was submitted for his excuse of an end of the season address in the Harlow programme; I do not discount anything I hear about the Chairman's decision on Frank's successor.

10/5/2018 12:37 pm  #12

I'd like to give you these initials Mr Rubbery, FO. And I'm not talking Frank O'Farrell. Inerestingly, I've also heard a rumour the new manager will have initials at the very start of the alphabet AB, but I've also heard there's a BA in the running too 

If your name's Zachary Young you can probably consider yourself out of the running.

10/5/2018 1:02 pm  #13

Unless your telling the poor sod to Fcuk Off!

10/5/2018 3:20 pm  #14

i hope the rumour you have heard boggy is not true because if its the ab i am thinking of then that would be 
yet another rookie,but would anybody be surprised.would be another money saving exercise from our
revered owner.
this club needs an experienced manager not another learner.

10/5/2018 3:38 pm  #15

daniel collins wrote:

i hope the rumour you have heard boggy is not true because if its the ab i am thinking of then that would be 
yet another rookie,but would anybody be surprised.would be another money saving exercise from our
revered owner.

If the club has any ambition it will look for an experience. Anything else will just confirm which most us feel already.

10/5/2018 3:39 pm  #16

daniel collins wrote:

revered owner.

Apparently JW is said to be teaming up with AB. It's a rumour so we will just have to wait and see!

Board footera