“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/5/2018 5:51 pm  #1

Members Club AGM - Good Luck or bad luck!

As  I always re-iterate there are some really invaluable individual Members who work tirelessly for the club for whom I have great admiration.  Since 2005 the Terrors have been so unstable with many fans and invaluable volunteers leaving the club, the Terrors are now at its lowest ebb ever!   Insignificant fan base ,  competing in the equivalent  of the combined Counties League etc etc.  A small  handful of loyal supporters s trying to advertise and raise money for the Team, what for? 

Stability can be found in the Combined Counties League,  reduced players cost, less travelling, and far less overheads, objectives achieved, stability delivered. We are nearly There!

I would  not go near the Members Club under the current structure but as they say "They are the Voice of the Fans. "  I have listed some questions which someone may want to  raise, but there is list of questions much longer than those quoted.

Dare if you wish :- Some questions to  ask at the Members Club AGM:

1. Are individual  members  liable for losses if TMSL (Tooting and Mitcham Sports and Leisure) goes belly up?

2. Why has the initial 20% share in TMSL reduced to  only 10%

3.Does the Members Club still have first refusal if club is to  be sold?

4. Does the Members Club still have the right to  6 months notice if the club is to be sold?

5. Does the reduced  share holding in TMSL  have an impact on the selling rights?

6. What is the legal standing of the Members Club V's TMSL today?

7. The Members Club, Limited company,  was supposed to  be a short term solution to the eventual aim to  become a Trust. Whatever happed to  this??????

8.  There was a promise to  increase the Members Club numbers significantly after the merger of interest,  not only has this failed miserably, but the fan base has reduced significantly as well. Why?

9. Are the Members Club actively involved in future delivery plans, if so what are they.

10.  A statement was made at the merger of interest in 2005, The club would become one of the finest semi - professional club's in the country! Why has this not happened?

11. There does not seem to  be any clear leadership or communication anywhere from the Teams perspective, who is responsible for this?

Will be intriguing if anyone raises any of these questions, and what the response will be :-)

Last edited by Mikem (29/5/2018 7:54 pm)

29/5/2018 8:47 pm  #2

Re: Members Club AGM - Good Luck or bad luck!

I assume you do not realise it Mikem, but your negativity, justified or not, does not help in the search for new supporters, what do you think it looks like when they read some of the statements made on here.
You frequently make mention of the length of time you have been supporting the club, which in itself says a lot regarding your passion for it, but  negativity does not help trawl in any potential floating supporter looking for a local club to watch on a Saturday.
Let`s face it, now  more than ever, we need all the support we can get.

30/5/2018 9:20 am  #3

AJ, the current depleted fan base are gold dust,.  Your number one objective is to  understand how you are going to  stop the rot of our pathetic fan base reducing more. As for going out to  encourage new supporters .........what are you offering????  Football at combined Counties level, a ground without any atmosphere, no plans and a  team that is " Designed to  Fail!" If i was a neutral  I would rather spend my cash watching Hamlet, Wimbledon Sutton or Carshalton, where you would get more value and entertainment  for your "Buck."  Why not go  and watch Tooting Bec for free on the back Pitch, they almost play at the same level now?

As a long standing fan, I have the right to  air my views on the abject failure of this Team over the last 14 years or so. All the fanfares when the merger of interest was announced as been a complete flop for the Football Team.
The Members Club is not fit for purpose and radical change is need at all levels before trying to encourage new fans on board.  New  ideas and "thinking outside Box are needed" and a leader who is energetic and knows how to  deliver. This is sadly lacking, and anyone who try's will only fail through lack of support.  There are so few fans now,  the guts of this club hase been ripped out.

I repeat, you need to  understand how to  save t he existing pathetic fan base. You already have an existing fan and season ticket holder who is thinking moving on.  You cannot grow until there is a solid foundation and a purpose, not one built on "Quick Sand"  and lacking any coherent plans or objectives.

A whole new direction with young fresh ideas is required, not annual pre-printed Members Club Statement rolled out to defend themselves when under attack.  It seems to  me you are an ideal candidate to  be elected to  the Members Club Board,  maintaining the  "Status Quo."

30/5/2018 10:34 am  #4

Hence the reason to support the initiative shown by Hackbridge Harry, and get behind it, not criticize.
Come on board Mikem and help make a difference, this time it might just work!
You have to start somewhere, just look at some of our near neighbours, they have also been where we now find ourselves, but they got together and changed the situation.

Board footera