“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/5/2018 8:56 am  #1

New Management Team

I've just this minute been texted by a leading authority at the club to tell me Ashley and Cornelius will be in charge next season.

Why am I not surprised ?

Wish the pair of them all the success in the world, gotta give a man/men a chance.

31/5/2018 9:29 am  #2

Re: New Management Team

i am not surprised in the least,no disrespect but thats a typical atkins decision,cheap management set up
which will be followed by a cheap squad.
atkins has now shown his ambition for the club which is (f... all).
combined counties here we come.

31/5/2018 9:35 am  #3

I for the love of me can’t see how that is a step in the right direction you need new blood we are all at sea without a paddle we gave Ashley a chance after Paul left did it make a difference no heaven help us I hate to think what players we are going to be left with under 23s &18 ?

31/5/2018 9:49 am  #4

I voiced my opinion last night to Mr Adkins amongst others regarding the appointment. The new management team will get 10 games to prove they are the right ones for the job. Most of the squad from last season will be staying. Goalkeeper Kyle Merson is back. The two young full backs, Wedgy, Quincey, Dines, Dominic, Isiah,Sol,Clements, Bassett,Mazzone is back. Dylan Marchant from South Park is joining. So at the moment its not all doom & gloom. There is also a chance that Jay Lovett will come in to assist

31/5/2018 10:00 am  #5

Well that’s sound promising glad wedgie & Kyle are staying good job your here Geoff nothing put out by the club I know I could have gone last night but committed else where

31/5/2018 10:50 am  #6

I was talking to Adam Thompson in the gym a couple of nights ago and he told me he'd bumped into Dan Summers (who says he's not got a club yet for next season) and they'd spoken about Tooting & Mitcham. Got me thinking we could've done a lot better up front last season with Dan there.

31/5/2018 10:51 am  #7

geoff g wrote:

I voiced my opinion last night

Which was ?

31/5/2018 11:37 am  #8

Very surprised that wedgy hasnt had a better offer.Good luck to the management team,but i dont think they have enough experiance,and will they get the respect from the players?

31/5/2018 11:45 am  #9

Great ambition from the chairman 🙄 Might as well of kept Frank!

31/5/2018 11:59 am  #10

I agree Wolfie should have kept frank hopefully would have learnt from the shambles and given him a chance to redeem himself couldn’t be no worse than what they have picked

31/5/2018 12:30 pm  #11

First of all I wish to state this, a point I made to Steve, we have been down  the "promotion from within" and the rookie road before and where did it get us, one good season and the remaining best described as very poor. I also stated that surely now is the time to appoint a manager with experience and learn from the lessons of the past.
Steve gave a very long and detailed explanation as to the reason for his choosing the path to follow, a path that was recommended in a report obtained by him regarding the whole football set up.
The main point of which is, our youth set up is very good and if we wish to attract  promising youth players and we can show to them that there is a pathway into the first team, if good enough, that if a young player attracts attention from a  higher grade team and a fee can be obtained, then that would go to the football side of things.
He did see the point regarding an experienced person/manager to lead our new proposed management team, and is exploring that option, but in the shadows and not as the manager, his reason being that a new manager coming in might disregard the youth set up and wish to bring in his own players, this is not what he wants.
He is looking to build up a system where young players can see a future by joining Tooting, and a conveyor belt of young talent can be available to the new management team.
He also stated that he will be monitoring next season more closely, something which he quite readily stated he should have done more, with changes, if required, being made before it is too late.
All in all a very interesting meeting with some positive views expressed, and before those of you jump in a say "we have been duped again!" let us just give it a chance, what have we got to lose.
One other important point made by Steve is, if we have a complaint, no matter what, go to him and air it and I know from experience, he will always listen.

31/5/2018 1:52 pm  #12

To win games we need youth and experience lets hope Ashley has some contacts outside youth football. There will be a lot of changes coming and goings between now and start of year. I have already seen chipstead have said they signed dylan from south park lets just wait and see. Whatever happens we will start with youth as thats what they know and have dealt with. We will have to see come kick off what we have all i no is we need to build now and i hope i am proven wrong and a team capable of doing something is assembled. Last years team lacked passion and fresh players at good standard was what i was hoping for.

31/5/2018 2:26 pm  #13

i read what you posted with interest alan as i was not able to be at the meeting last night,but sorry mate i dont swallow any of that old rubbish that steve has told you about pathways for bringing in young players after all where did that get us last season.no i reiterate what i said before its management on the cheap.
why should steve care he has got the dullwits money next season so he cant lose no alan i think the bloke is a complete bull..itter and just sees tmfc as a boil on his backside that he would love to get rid of.

31/5/2018 2:32 pm  #14

Maybe im missing something can anyone tell me who Cornelius is as I've  never heard of him. I will wait and see what the two do and bring in and back the team as always and hope. But i do agree seems like cheap appointment,as Ashley already on the pay roll so dont need to change a thing.

31/5/2018 2:34 pm  #15

An excellent overview of what happened last night Alan. 
If only all the moaners had actually bothered to join the "Member's Club" and come along to voice their opinions last night. I know that Steve would have listened and share his thoughts with them  ................... Oh and offer to help out once they'd joined up !!!

I along with many others are fed up with the moaners and whingers coming on here (and/or elsewhere) to tell us how to do it all when they'll just duck out and not actually offer any positive assistance ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

31/5/2018 2:43 pm  #16

dee pee i am a member and have been since almost day one and would have been there except that i am 
not quite over my recent illness yet,but it wouldant have mattered because i have heard it all before from
steve and its all crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31/5/2018 2:48 pm  #17

DeePee wrote:

An excellent overview of what happened last night Alan. 
If only all the moaners had actually bothered to join the "Member's Club" and come along to voice their opinions last night. I know that Steve would have listened and share his thoughts with them  ................... Oh and offer to help out once they'd joined up !!!

I along with many others are fed up with the moaners and whingers coming on here (and/or elsewhere) to tell us how to do it all when they'll just duck out and not actually offer any positive assistance ! 

It's a bit like not voting at an election and then moaning about the Government

31/5/2018 3:39 pm  #18

Well, I am positive and optimistc, now that I have heard about all the players that are staying. Great that those such as Wedgie and Dom are on the list. Let's hope that it doesn't change by August 11th. Delighted to see Merson and Mazzone back too. I saw Jack play a lot when he was at Godalming and, without wanting to sound a bit clichéd, he does score goals. I wish that we had had him for the last ten games of last season !
So, Terrors supporters, please ditch the moaning. We are in Div 1 South Central ( is that the correct title ?), let's do all we can ( ie support and encourage ) and get us back to Step 3 football. Roll on August 11th.

31/5/2018 7:39 pm  #19

We've heard all this before from Adkins and things haven't materialised. Will be interesting to see if any of this materialises. As they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Roll on August

31/5/2018 8:37 pm  #20

Like yourself Danny, I have my doubts as to whether the manager issue is a good move, as I said to Steve last night, but what he said did make sense so I am willing to run with it for the first few games, but believe me if we start really poorly, I will be one of the first to speak to Steve to back up his statement last night.
I have no wish to be taken for a fool!

01/6/2018 7:04 am  #21

No matter what we think of the appointment we have to support him all the way... We just have to go with the flow.... I agree we need to keep our good youth setup going but we just need a bit more experience.... And let's not forget that players list can change any time....

Let's just turn up in numbers next season and sing our fucking heads off... That's all we can do

01/6/2018 2:06 pm  #22

From the "Official" Website -

“Tooting and Mitcham United FC are delighted to confirm their First Team management structure for the new season. Our aim with these appointments is to bring our First Team much closer to our successful player development activities at Under 23, Under 18, Academy and Youth levels. Our player recruitment draws on the vast and diverse communities of South London and we aim to serve those communities by providing talented young players with a clear and supportive pathway for advancement within our club and ultimately into professional football.  We have therefore decided to back our own home-grown talent by appointing to the First Team Management three of our most successful development managers and coaches. Ashley Bosah and Cornelius Nwadialor are to take the reins as Joint Managers with Jordan Wilson in the dual role of Assistant Manager and Player/Coach.  Ashley has been a key figure in our club for more than 8 years - working with the T&M Youth Football Club, heading up our Football Academy and overseeing the U18s and U23s development squads. He has a particular interest in the educational and well-being aspects of young player development. Cornelius has been associated with the club for 5 years and last year guided the U23s to the Suburban League South Division Championship and the Runners-Up position in the Isthmian Development League Central Division (with a sensational goal difference). He will continue to manage the U23 team next season

01/6/2018 2:25 pm  #23

Thanks for putting statement up so from what it looks like Ashley and Jordan will be with first team on match days. Dont quote me but dont the under23 or reserves some times play same day as first team. So the other guy will be managing them and helping aroind training maybe. Lets hope we can bring some passion back to this club with players fighting for shirt.

02/6/2018 7:57 am  #24

One of the points Steve Adkins made was that he was concerned by the lack of a reaction when we conceded a goal. He thought no one seemed to fight to get back into the game and he was expecting a more positive response from the team.

02/6/2018 8:44 am  #25

Like Alan, I did voice my concerns at the meeting with regards to the lack of experience.

However, the decision has been made, and we need to get behind the guys 100%.

If all the names that were mentioned end up with us come the start of the season, then we have a decent starting squad of players, and should be very competitive at the level we find ourselves.

Board footera