“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/6/2018 10:43 am  #1

NEW SIGNINGS

Would it be correct for me to assume that with no mention of any activity in the recruitment of new players, that our current management team feel that what they have from last season, combined with possible new recruits from the under 23`s, that this squad would prove adequate to make a push for promotion / play-off spot?

Last edited by alanj (22/6/2018 10:43 am)

22/6/2018 10:51 am  #2

Re: NEW SIGNINGS

First team trials tomorrow.those still involved in would cup can't make it though.

22/6/2018 12:28 pm  #3

That should still have no bearing on the need to strengthen the squad. Unless the club is looking to keep costs to a minimum.
Look around at other clubs, and it has not stopped them looking to strengthen.

22/6/2018 3:40 pm  #4

Very true Alan.i have not even bothered to renew my season ticket.i will just go when I feel like it.

22/6/2018 4:49 pm  #5

In terms of letting supporters no any information we are terrible. All other clubs have updates on social media and let fans no how the club is fairing in the off season how we are doing regarding  trails or players is anyone's  guess.

22/6/2018 5:35 pm  #6

All - Tim Marcus is currently on holiday so don't expect any sensible updates until he returns to the office at the end of next week. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

22/6/2018 8:55 pm  #7

Cheers DeePee!

PS. Hope you are well and will see you soon.

23/6/2018 3:36 pm  #8

Cheers Al. I'll see Tim up in Scarborough next week so I'll send him all your best and​ demand a Press Release ASAP 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

23/6/2018 4:18 pm  #9

Is that a boys weekend buddy? wink, wink,
Just remember, do not bring any unwanted guest`s back with you.

25/6/2018 4:16 pm  #10

Would you guys have billy dunn back?

25/6/2018 4:59 pm  #11

I would take him back he came last game of season against met police away more than our chairman did. He will score goals at this level and no worse than say folks and Bassett. Thing is he would need a good pre season as hes not played since playing for us and said to me he took year off in  bar at met police club house. Thought was good he turnt up showed hes face be honest

25/6/2018 8:43 pm  #12

Definitely not, he has had his time why sour it!

27/6/2018 1:07 pm  #13

why do you assume it would be sour?

27/6/2018 9:02 pm  #14

He had a weight issue when he was with us, I do not think it can have improved having had a year out!
How long do you think it might take for him to get fit?
If we have serious intentions of trying to get out of our new division, we can not afford the luxury of waiting.
Don't forget, our new managing team have ten games to prove to Steve they are up to the task.

28/6/2018 10:46 am  #15

Following a number of clubs as I do on Twitter etc... It does seem very quiet at TMUFC...

A bit of news would be nice player wise.

28/6/2018 12:58 pm  #16

I think folks had weight issues and lead line in prem last year for us. Dunn was proven 20+ goals at this level but one thing I agree with is match fitnes bu5 could good pre season help. Like i said all clubs very open and share updates on social not heard anything from manager or Jordan on Twitter so who's coming in not to sure.

28/6/2018 1:16 pm  #17

My point precisely, Folks lead our line to relegation!

28/6/2018 7:20 pm  #18

Difference is Dunn is proven at this level and maybe worth  shout he did score 20+ have to wait and find out

28/6/2018 9:59 pm  #19

Have to say my assumption was based on the fact, he had not played for a season. But having seen him in the flesh so as to speak, tonight, there was nothing to suggest that a few tough training sessions, combined with a good pre-season, could not put right.
One reservation though, prior to his moving to Greenwich Borough, he was a prolific goal scorer, upon his return this seems to have disappeared. So give him a chance, yes, but let us wait and see if he can still deliver.

17/7/2018 6:51 pm  #20

Billy Dunn is back

Board footera