“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/6/2018 6:57 am  #1

Friendly’s

How can you expect to get support for your team when the game is played the same time as England’s knockout game a lot of thought has gone into that I don’t think

29/6/2018 7:13 am  #2

Re: Friendly’s

It might just be that was the only date to get a game in for that week.
But then what is more important, Tooting or England, I know where I will be and I can record the England game to watch when I get home.
SIMPLES!

29/6/2018 7:36 am  #3

donnyc wrote:

How can you expect to get support for your team when the game is played the same time as England’s knockout game a lot of thought has gone into that I don’t think

Has another friendly been arranged then? The first Tooting game is on the 10th July, while the England Colombia game is on the 3rd July. IF England win the next games will be Saturday 7th and the Semi on the 11th - don't see any clashes there.

29/6/2018 11:15 am  #4

Yes Dave next Tuesday surely the game could have been put on another day I don’t think management have thought it through and come on al I don’t think for one minute you wouldn’t be bothered if you didn’t watch the England game live

29/6/2018 12:03 pm  #5

According to Facebook, we have an additional friendly this Tuesday (3rd July) away to Colliers Wood

29/6/2018 12:12 pm  #6

The Colliers Wood game is an U23 game

29/6/2018 12:59 pm  #7

Thanks for that ant

01/7/2018 7:12 am  #8

The Colliers Wood match
Tuesday has been cancelled.

01/7/2018 9:04 am  #9

I wonder why Andy a certain game being played that night??? I rest my case

03/7/2018 1:38 pm  #10

donnyc wrote:

I wonder why Andy a certain game being played that night??? I rest my case

Did it ever cross your mind that this game was actually informally agreed before England lost to Belgium and therefore finished second and therefore play tonight. 

...and that since it has become apparent that it clashes with the England game, its been cancelled?

03/7/2018 3:05 pm  #11

You have just contradicted what I said the game was cancelled because of the England game

03/7/2018 4:21 pm  #12

Probably not got enough U23's as they're more or less all with the first team squad.

03/7/2018 5:30 pm  #13

I think a lot of last year's under 23 will step up specially as management managed them last year. Not sure who we have signed or is training with us will have to wait till pre season games.

Board footera