“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/8/2018 11:59 am  #1

Another loss.

Three Bridges 1 Terrors 0.
Once again our inability  to get bodies into the box when attacking cost us the game last night.
Almost every time when attacking, especially down either flank, when the ball came over their was no one to meet it.
Our approach work in the middle third was first class but we just could not get men into the box when it counted, so by the time they did arrive the opposition had plenty of defenders to deal with any threat of danger.
This is now the seventh of our eight friendlies and yet again it is our inability to put away chances that cost us what would have been a deserved win.
Hopefully this Saturday will see what will be the starting line-up for the coming season when we can have a better idea of where we might finish.
Several members of last night`s squad are just not up to the task, or being played in a position that just does not suit them, and unless that situation is addressed, and quickly, it might be a long hard season.
Guess who laid on the pass for their goal, but apart from that, for the rest of the game he might just as well have stayed at home.

01/8/2018 12:29 pm  #2

Re: Another loss.

“Erm” foulkes

01/8/2018 2:40 pm  #3

I did not think anyone would guess.
Bugger!

01/8/2018 3:57 pm  #4

What team did we put out.?Its hard to say what our squad is at moment.People like Dunn and Bassett ,are they going to play for us.From season end until now has been a bit of a shambles,with who’s manager and who’s playing.Well for me i haven’t got a season nor have I joined supporters or members club and haven’t got anything in 100 club.I shall still go and support them but until Tooting show they mean business I can’t offer more.
Clive

01/8/2018 6:04 pm  #5

It's going to be a long season

01/8/2018 8:35 pm  #6

The chances are being created but there is nobody to stick the ball in the net. The two strikers that have been tried are simply not good enough for the level we will be playing at. I hope that Ashley dont persevere with the two that have been tried, like Frank persevered with Omar. We need a proven goalscorer & we need him now before its too late.

01/8/2018 8:41 pm  #7

Casey, it has been basically the same squad of players we started with, plus the addition of Omari Hibbert and a couple of the under 23`s.
All in all, not very encouraging unless some new, experienced blood is bought in.

02/8/2018 5:03 am  #8

alanj wrote:

Casey, it has been basically the same squad of players we started with, plus the addition of Omari Hibbert and a couple of the under 23`s.
All in all, not very encouraging unless some new, experienced blood is bought in.

That sounds a lot like last season Alan.

02/8/2018 6:32 am  #9

Yes I have been to couple of the games.I think they are asking a lot of the younger players to carry us this season.i don’t think Dunn is fit and is not mobile enough.We definitely need a good striker,but that’s easier said than done.oh well let’s see.

02/8/2018 8:31 am  #10

I should have also said in my previous post that a back line of three is not good enough. I would like is to try the 4-3-3 system, whereby when we are defending the two wide front men join up with the three in the middle to make a five & try to break down the opposition in midfield.We saw on Tuesday night that we are exposed at the back when the opposition got clear of our midfield

02/8/2018 9:10 am  #11

I am afraid you are right Ev!

02/8/2018 4:15 pm  #12

"Well for me i haven’t got a season nor have I joined supporters or members club and haven’t got anything in 100 club.I shall still go and support them but until Tooting show they mean business I can’t offer more."

​Unfortunately there lies the rub !  I'd like to think we are pals Clive and we do enjoy a bit of banter on the terraces when we meet  ........... but that kind of attitude just doesn't help the club go forward in any way ! 

The Supporters Club and the Members Ltd are busting a gut behind the scenes to find sponsors to increase the playing budget in any way that we can and when the fans can't be bothered top offer any more support than paying their tenners on the gate then surely we are doomed.

Every single penny of your contributions towards the Supporters Club subscriptions, Members Ltd membership fees, Player Sponsorships (look out for a re-vamped version of this initiative for this season), Programme sales, Golden Goal ticket sales, 100 Club numbers and Man of the Match sponsorship helps Ashley & Cornelius to fund the 1st team.  Money through the gate is nowhere near enough to sustain the club, even at our level ! 

Please think again and support the club properly. Buy your 100 Club tickets, buy your Golden Goal tickets, join the Supporters Club (crikey, it's ONLY a fiver or so !), join the Members Ltd and help the Board to do more, sponsor a Player or two and pick a Man of the Match once in a while - You know it makes sense !! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/8/2018 8:12 am  #13

Just to put another point of view accross:

We started with Dominic, Dan, Eddie, Billy, Ollie, and Reece all on the bench. I would hazzard a guess as to say that most, if not all of them will be starting our first league game. Even without them, we dominated a team at the same level as ourselves, creating numerous chances. True the finishing left a lot to be desired, but I'm hopeful that when the young strikers start to put a few away then the floodgates will open.

03/8/2018 6:28 pm  #14

Am I reading this right. Mr Adkins has said that he will give the management 10 games to prove they are up to it. If after 10 games we are not, then what? Does he try and find another manager, takes time, then when the manage comes in he has to get used to the players and stamp his style on the team. By that time half the season has gone and no chance of promotion. What a state to get in, there is no ambition in this club and never has been. Hope we don't go down again, but maybe that will please Mr Adkins.

03/8/2018 7:24 pm  #15

My sentiment completely

04/8/2018 9:46 am  #16

I’m getting a bit fed up of all the doom and gloom posts.

​I have to agree with you Brassy old thing, The doom 'n' gloom and naysayers and the "Mr Adkins has no ambition" ... "relegation will please Mr Adkins" etc etc. people clearly have no idea of what goes on within the club and the overall organisation.
Since I've become a Director on the Members Ltd Board I've seen what happens behind the scenes, I know how much passion there is for the football side of things and I've had many conversations with Steve Adkins about where we are and what he wants to leave as a legacy for the club in the future.
Please, everybody, stop whinging and get on board for the ride. Yes it's a big old roller coaster with many upas and quite a lot of downs but it's still going forward.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/8/2018 9:49 am  #17

No DP we still have banter.You will still see me,maybe just not as often.Lets hope for a good season.

05/8/2018 10:00 am  #18

DeePee, As one of the very few volunteers I respect at Imperial Fields, I sadly have to  totally disagree with your comments on Casey's posting concerning his views on the team. It's not about being positive or negative or even money,it's about the complete all round apathy that has stagnated and gradually destroyed the heart of this  once wonderful club! Lemming's are always going forward, not a pretty sight.

I once remarked to one of your colleagues,, "We are now a team without a Club."    He succinctly replied " We are Club without a Team,"  

05/8/2018 2:08 pm  #19

mike you are totally on the money as usual although there are quite a few who would disagree,i am not 
trying to doom and gloom before the season proper has even started but i will stick with what i said at the end of the season gone which was steve atkins has gone for the cheap option (re management and team)
will (his words) will give him 10 games to prove himself,but if it dont work out where will you get even a half decent manager at that stage of the season? as i have said before does steve really have any ambition 
or is he quite happy cause he has got the dullwits money coming in.

06/8/2018 11:35 am  #20

DeePee wrote:

people clearly have no idea of what goes on within the club and the overall organisation.

And there lies the problem DeePee we have no idea because we're told fcuk all. 

I buy a season ticket, I've probably got more numbers in the 100 club than anyone else, I always sponsor at least 1 player, I sponsor countless MOTM awards, I buy Golden Goal tickets, 50/50 draw tickets, matchday programmes, copious amounts of booze from the bar but I'm not allowed to complain ? really ? I bet Steve Adkins doesn't know me from Adam.....Adam from the Bible that is, not Adam the Bogender.

06/8/2018 4:08 pm  #21

I couldn't agree with you more BEU. Likewise I have put shed loads of money over the years, not appreciated of course. I have tried to talk to Steve on many occasions, he doesn't want to know. Are we ever made to feel welcome? No. 
Are we not allowed our opinion? I think with what I have put in over the years I am entitled to air my views whether DP or anyone else likes it or not.

06/8/2018 4:10 pm  #22

I couldn't agree with you more BEU. Likewise I have put shed loads of money over the years, not appreciated of course. I have tried to talk to Steve on many occasions, he doesn't want to know. Are we ever made to feel welcome? No. 
Are we not allowed our opinion? I think with what I have put in over the years I am entitled to air my views whether DP or anyone else likes it or not.

06/8/2018 4:10 pm  #23

I am so annoyed it was worth repeating!!!!

07/8/2018 10:25 am  #24

59er writes, 100k year plus on 1st team football, this magic figure has been covered before!  There are about 100 true fans left supporting the Terrors, and as mentioned by others, they have put lots of their hard-earned cash into a bottomless pit, besides paying out to support the team home and away. Their reward, ineptitude, total arrogance of the efforts made, and lack of total information from the installation of the current owner. After 14 years of ownership, and stadium envied by most the team has steadily progressed downwards in playing performance, crowds and total disillusionment. The initial project was fanfare of trumpets, the club would progress through the birth of “The Hub” built on the continental model, whereby the Football team sits at the top of the model. Yes, other sports and clubs have been integrated and flourished including the education funded academy.

But what about the Football Team.  The Football club which provided the base for these ambitions by selling the freehold to Sandy Lane have been neglected to such a state, they are just a nuisance factor in the ambitions of the hub or whatever it’s known as today.  There clearly has not been any ambitions to promote the Football Team or any project plans to take it forward.  Any “Green Shoots” on the Football front are immediately exterminated with a flame thrower.   The latest statement made at the Members meeting by the owner states with words of wisdom “ He’s consulted with a Football expert, which I suspect this was the Lamppost outside my house, which gets urinated upon everyday by the local dogs.  

Andy Harrup , writes :-I have been advised by Northwood FC admission Saturday is;

£8 Adults
£4 Concessions
U16 Free 

How does this club exist on probably much lower crowds than us! They are playing at the same level as the Terrors, and most teams in the league are of a similar position. With our wonderful ground but lacking any Football ambitions, we have truly joined the elite.   

Last edited by Mikem (07/8/2018 10:29 am)

07/8/2018 1:50 pm  #25

hi 59er .i agree with all you have said about the volunteers and the great job they do.i like lots of others have always tried to do my bit eg golden goals members club fifty fifty etc etc,unfortunatly i have to add that the 
owner of the club should also understand that most of what he has now got at imperial fields has been got on
the back of the club(all the grants)and without tmfc existing he would have not have got any of the football
related grants.he keeps saying he wants to leave a legacy regarding the club,well i dont think the legacy he
leaves is going to be up to much the way it has gone so far,dont get me wrong yourself and all the other
volunteers are worth your weight in gold,but a lot of people while appreciative of your efforts look at the owner and wonder when we will start seeing his so called legacy start to appear.

Board footera